g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Sky: Spurs appeal to FA to award the second goal against Stoke City to Harry Kane | Spurs win appeal

Prodigy24

The FA can't be serious if he really got the goal. I've seen every replay angle of that goal and still can't understand how he thinks it's his goal.

If I was Eriksen I would be petty as hell in the next game, I seriously wouldn't pass him the ball.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
"BREAKING: Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah wins @premierleague player of the month for March. Salah is the first player to win the award three times in the same season. #SSN"

Congratulations to Harry Kane :D
:lol:

I still have no idea.

If I was Eriksen I would be petty as hell in the next game, I seriously wouldn't pass him the ball.
That'd make Eriksen look like a bigger tit than Kane for claiming the goal in the first place.

Crowny

Supports
Spurs
This has really put a dent in the way people will be looking at Harry in the future, he has really made himself the laughing stock of football with going to the FA to claim Eriksen's goal. If everyone all over the world have to watch several slow motion reruns to see if there was any contact, then there was too little contact to claim it as your goal, plain and simple, the wind of the ball flapping your sleeve doesn't mean there was contact.
It is really pathetic that the FA go along with this ruling, are they too so desperate to give Harry the golden boot again, just now they will think up some rule to deduct goals from Salah.
This has really put a dent in the way people will be looking at Harry in the future, he has really made himself the laughing stock of football with going to the FA to claim Eriksen's goal. If everyone all over the world have to watch several slow motion reruns to see if there was any contact, then there was too little contact to claim it as your goal, plain and simple, the wind of the ball flapping your sleeve doesn't mean there was contact.
It is really pathetic that the FA go along with this ruling, are they too so desperate to give Harry the golden boot again, just now they will think up some rule to deduct goals from Salah.
You really think so eh? How many times does Hazard kicking ball boy get brought up? When was the last mention of Suarez's biting? Is Suarez still thought of a as a racist? I'm afraid this will get forgotten about very soon. Time is the healer/diluter in all manner of things and certainly something as trivial as this.

Last edited by a moderator:

shaky

The FA can't be serious if he really got the goal. I've seen every replay angle of that goal and still can't understand how he thinks it's his goal.
It's ludicrous. The FA can't be going around overruling decisions based solely on a player's say-so, when all evidence fails to back up the claim.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
You really think so eh? How many times does Hazard kicking ball boy get brought up? When was the last mention of Suarez's biting? Is Suarez still thought of a as a racist? I'm afraid this will get forgotten about very soon. Time is the healer/diluter in all manner of things and certainly something as trivial as this.
Quite so. It's amazing to behold 12 pages and counting devoted to the subject.

Spitting at a player - or getting caught in secret doping - is one thing. But a striker claiming to have gotten the last touch on a goal-scoring ball - and winning the appeal concerning this - is hardly reputation-destroying stuff.

It'll all be blown away like cherry blossoms in Spring the instant Kane scores his next brace or hat-trick.

RedFish

It's ludicrous. The FA can't be going around overruling decisions based solely on a player's say-so, when all evidence fails to back up the claim.
If you listen really closely with TV volume turned to max, you can actually hear Kane's hair brush the ball.

ti vu

Perhaps you should spend more time reading the CAF than posting. Every L'pool controversial incident now doesn't feel complete without "Bring out the T-shirt" joke. Every here and then people mock L'pool about it's not something beyond them since they support racism after all...

Hazard was cued more with down tool, and the term was abused than the ball boy kicking incident. Search down tool term on here, and see how many times it being associated with Chelsea and Hazard

Last edited:

AttackingFlair

Quite messed up how the FA can rewrite the history books and give a goal to someone who didn’t touch it, in this day and age. You know if it was Lamela or someone they wouldn’t have given it to him.

Richard Cranium

So can a murderer in a murder trial. Doesn’t make them a witness. If the flag had gone up for offside and he’d went over to the linesman and said he didn’t touch it would that be evidence?
A defendant isn't a compellable witness but yes they can give witness evidence if they elect to.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Quite messed up how the FA can rewrite the history books and give a goal to someone who didn’t touch it, in this day and age. You know if it was Lamela or someone they wouldn’t have given it to him.
Despite the title, he didn't actually appeal to the FA. They had nothing to do with the decision. Even the tweet says the appeal was to the Premier League so don't know why prath92 put FA in the title.

RedDevil@84

Despite the title, he didn't actually appeal to the FA. They had nothing to do with the decision. Even the tweet says the appeal was to the Premier League so don't know why prath92 put FA in the title.
Everyone should mock prath92 who tried to get a decision by PL committee credited to FA, even though all replays suggest it was the PL committee who did it all along

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Perhaps Kane claimed that he appealed to the FA, even though he didn't? ;)

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Its not my best work, but hurray for Scotch!

Kharhaz

Supports
Liverpool
If Harry Kane wins the golden boot, who would bet against John Terry being up there in a Chelsea shirt celebrating with him?

Wilt

Swearing on his daughters life ....what an arsehole.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Swearing on his daughters life ....what an arsehole.
It's not like he is actually putting her life in danger, he is just emphasizing how certain he is that he got a touch on the ball, I fail to see why this is an issue really.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Spurs to appeal to the FA to stop people taking the piss out of Kane, Spurs and the FA. Is there a sadder bunch of bastards?

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
It's not like he is actually putting her life in danger, he is just emphasizing how certain he is that he got a touch on the ball, I fail to see why this is an issue really.
Because he is a cnut for saying it. That's why.

vodrake

Come on, people don't claim things on their childrens lives, especially on such a public platform, so trivially. It's really weird. It's tantamount to publicly claiming that getting the credit for a random goal is as important to you as your childs life.

It's not even as if it changes the result, or rights some serious wrong, it's simply so Kane gets a slightly bigger number in his end of year stats and a few exta quid in pocket.

That's not even getting into that the replays show that either he didn't even touch the ball, or got so minor a glance on it that it didn't in the slightest influence whether that goal would have been scored or not

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Because he is a cnut for saying it. That's why.
Come on, people don't claim things on their childrens lives, especially on such a public platform, so trivially. It's really weird. It's tantamount to publicly claiming that getting the credit for a random goal is as important to you as your childs life.

It's not even as if it changes the result, or rights some serious wrong, it's simply so Kane gets a slightly bigger number in his end of year stats and a few exta quid in pocket.

That's not even getting into that the replays show that either he didn't even touch the ball, or got so minor a glance on it that it didn't in the slightest influence whether that goal would have been scored or not
This is why I think it's silly, not that I care too much. The swear part is probably just something he said because he was 100% sure he touched it. Don't think this entire ordeal paints him in a great light, but I've seen worse things in football so I don't care too much either way.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Would own goals count for him? He could score a few of those to boost his numbers.

Kharhaz

Supports
Liverpool
Have you ever heard the phrase "Tempting Fate?"

Thats whats wrong, any good parent, anywhere in the world, would never risk such an uncertain thing with their own flesh and blood. Ever.

Redflag43

This will never blow over. This petty behaviour will stain Kane for the rest of his life in the same way Lineker was stained (pun intended :D) by the shat-gate "scandal".

Last edited by a moderator:

Ainu

This is such a weird thing for people on here to care so much about. He's a striker, he's somehow certain he got a touch on it, it would help him for the golden boot. I just don't see much wrong here. I don't think it speaks volumes of his character as some suggest nor do I think this is going to damage the partnership with Eriksen.

You might argue it's a bit over the top for him to want this goal so badly, but it's that same desire for goals that makes him such a deadly player on the pitch.