Spurs officially departed tonight

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Heavy favourites to be England’s entrants for the inaugural UEFA Conference League. Either they win the Carabao Cup or they they fail and finish seventh in the league. Either way will seal their fate.

SwedishFish

Heavy favourites to be England’s entrants for the inaugural UEFA Conference League. Either they win the Carabao Cup or they they fail and finish seventh in the league. Either way will seal their fate.
Didn't even know England had a spot for the conference league. My god, how shit will that be for the teams that qualify. Playing teams from Scandinavia in Europes bloody third tier. :boring:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Seventh? Have you seen their run in? It's going to get much worse for them.
Until Leicester away their fixtures are almost perfect. Everton are the only side that have anything to play for, and I’m not sure whether they even do.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Until Leicester away their fixtures are almost perfect. Everton are the only side that have anything to play for, and I’m not sure whether they even do.
Huh? Everton have 2 games in hand, win both those and they're only 1 point behind Chelsea.

Leeds is always a dangerous fixture. Wolves is always a tough game despite their form this year. Add Villa, Leicester and a cup game against City into the mix.

It's only Southampton and Sheffield United that look fairly simple on paper imo. They'll win maximum of 4 of those games. Reminder, this is a Spurs team that have won 8 from their last 22 league games.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was listening to the comms and Tyler actually mentioned that the stadium had been open two years now and they still hadn't secured a naming rights deal as Arsenal and Man. City did fairly quickly for their new builds IIRC (think Man. City one happened when they got taken over in 2008).

Is this a Levy plan to hold out for as much as possible or is just no one interested? You'd think in these times he'd want a tie up with someone given Spurs won't be hosting NFL games this year which was going to be a massive cash cow for them.

Going to be an interesting couple of years for them financially. Within next 2-3 years they're going to be paying off Mourinho at some point and have to find replacements for Kane and Son as those contracts run down so Uncle Joe Lewis going to have to dig a bit deeper into his pockets or they'll have to take more hits on league position given they'll probably go a few years now without CL income aswell.

We saw what happened to Arsenal from moving into Emirates in 2006 and I feel history will repeat a bit here so Spurs really need another Pochettino type manager in for next 5 years who can really improve promising young players on training ground.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They couldn't beat Newcastle last week so would suggest they'll drop plenty of points in run in.

Leeds are very capable of scoring a couple past this Spurs backline imo so that will be high scoring game I think that could go either way.

They need 6 wins and a draw really. Can't see anyone getting 4th with lower than 68 points as West Ham actually have a pretty good run in and Liverpool are hitting form again and you've obviously got Chelsea in the mix so Spurs percentage should be below 5% now.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Was listening to the comms and Tyler actually mentioned that the stadium had been open two years now and they still hadn't secured a naming rights deal as Arsenal and Man. City did fairly quickly for their new builds IIRC (think Man. City one happened when they got taken over in 2008).

Is this a Levy plan to hold out for as much as possible or is just no one interested? You'd think in these times he'd want a tie up with someone given Spurs won't be hosting NFL games this year which was going to be a massive cash cow for them.
Most likely Levy is holding out for more money, I don't believe there aren't offers on the table.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Is Glaston still alive?
He will make an appearance if and when Spurs actually win a game. Expect him to show up if Spurs are handed victory in the cup vs City by some farcical ref decision. And do some mental gymnastics to conjure up some kind of obscure tactical nous about why Spurs were deserved winners despite having like 28 shots against them to their 3. Maybe something to do with the slope of the pitch or the exact time of day Spurs chose to take their shots, he is pretty much the Spurs version of Ty. In fact those two debating would cause some kind of singularity to form around the level of stupidity involved that consumes all matter in the universe.

Spurs are shambolic, Jose has taken them to the next level, in mediocrity.

acnumber9

I remember a poster here saying that they would definitely get a deal that would break all records for stadium naming rights. And that was a conservative estimate. Can’t for the life of me think who would claim such a thing.

Barnslig

I remember a poster here saying that they would definitely get a deal that would break all records for stadium naming rights. And that was a conservative estimate. Can’t for the life of me think who would claim such a thing.
:lol::lol::lol:

el3mel

I'm pretty sure Spurs will end up being a midtable club within the next 3 years max. Once Kane and Son leave/become past it, they will never be able to replace them and these two are the only reason they are still pushing ahead around top 6. They won't have enough money and they will need a miracle to develop 2 attacking players as good as them. Look at how many attacking players they have signed all these years and no one managed to have any similar impact to Kane and Son.

The rough years are just getting started for them. If I were Levy I will get a manager who is good enough in developing youngsters and working with them because that will be their only hope in the future.

Mourinho is absolutely done at this level of football and this Spurs tenure served nothing but destroying his legacy beyond redemption. He should move from the Premier League to a lower tier league, or national teams. The guy just looks like he hates football at the moment.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They were poor second half, Son was slipping over more than Gerrard in his prime.

Penny for Kane's thoughts seeing Ronaldo do all that.

Nick7

They simply aren’t very good. A better team cuts through us like City did. Spurs struggled to create a chance all game and we handed them two goals. Think Conte has a lot of work to do.

cyberman

Kane not being in the box is still mind boggingly stupid imo. He was up against Matic and Fred more than an actual donkey in Maguire

cyberman

They were poor second half, Son was slipping over more than Gerrard in his prime.

Penny for Kane's thoughts seeing Ronaldo do all that.
Neville and Keane saying they created plenty of chances. I’m struggling to think of one.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Outside of Kane and Son they don’t have very good players and Conte knows it. I thought they had the better of it today but they’re always at risk of throwing games away.

Interesting summer coming up for them.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Neville and Keane saying they created plenty of chances. I’m struggling to think of one.
They were still marginally the better side. United had some awful performers today. Pogba was basically playing for Spurs at times.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
First half they create plenty of decent chances around your box but constantly made the wrong decision/pass.

Yeah second half I can barely remember anything apart from the OG which was decent build up.

They're the same as majority of prem teams, give them an Everton who park their backline on halfway line and it's easy for their forwards but defend deep and press likes of Dier and Hojiberg and you get plenty of joy.

Nick7

Outside of Kane and Son they don’t have very good players and Conte knows it. I thought they had the better of it today but they’re always at risk of throwing games away.

Interesting summer coming up for them.
If Kane isn’t on song, they struggle. They had more control of the game than us, that’s not exactly difficult though, but they were never particularly threatening.

cyberman

They cut us open in the first half a few times. Not near as much in the second half.
But they didn’t do much with it? We actually defended them well when they did get in behind.
I’m struggling to think of a DDG save to be honest. Our second goal alone was a bigger chance than anything Spurs created.