Spurs officially departed tonight

Charlie Foley

3 English teams in QF (hopefully us) sounds better than 5...I hate all English euro ties

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
We should have known that Spurs would find a way to bottle it.
I feel for the Spurs fans on here. But their team must frustrate the hell out of them. Yet again they managed to finish second in a one horse race.

saivet

Can add the "better team than Juve over two legs" to "putting the pressure on", "finishing above Arsenal" and "playing better football than Mourinho" trophies.

I don't want Poch near our club until he learns to win a trophy.
Yep, while they are all positives in some sense, ultimately they all mean feck all.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Genuinely couldn't give two fecks that they're out of it right now. It won't change my opinion thay they belong amongst the elite in Europe under Poch.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Fine margins. Media overblowing their performances over the two legs to pander to the English audience.

Do you remember Tottenham Hotspur's legendary run to the Champion's League Round of 16 playing the greatest football the competition has ever seen?

I sure don't

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Can see spurs losing their manager and a couple of their best players in the summer.

If they do, I think it will be the beginning of the end of their 'successful' spell for a long time to come.

Canagel

They were in control for the 180 minutes bar 5 in which Juventus were decisive and ruthless. That's surely got to hurt. You don't get any trophies for putting on the pressure. If you aren't decisive you pay for your mistakes. All 4 Juventus goals were preventable over the 2 games.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Old habits die hard.
:lol:

The commentator on my feed said this was the team talk at half time from Allegri
"Ragazzi, sono speroni"
Know what it means @GlastonSpur ??

Peanut Butter

They were really unlucky but, they gave everything. All in all a decent CL run for them.
Unlucky? I disagree. They were lucky not to concede a penalty, then they were lucky with Kane's header not being ruled offside but thankfully for Juve it was cleared from the line.

Spurs threw it away tonight, they weren't unlucky.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I don't think any English team except from maybe City would've progressed against them, Spurs put up a good fight and were actually the much better team over two legs but they got schooled in efficiency and how to get a job done.

Absolutely delighted they're out of it though and the manner in which they lost makes it even better :lol:

Irrational.

Can see spurs losing their manager and a couple of their best players in the summer.

If they do, I think it will be the beginning of the end of their 'successful' spell for a long time to come.
Lets hope so. They have so many players who are way too good for them: Kane, Eriksen, Son to name a few. They can keep cnuty McCuntface (Alli) though.

acnumber9

But they were better than Real Madrid. Surely that’s worth a place in the final.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
They were really unlucky but, they gave everything. All in all a decent CL run for them.
Penalty not given, kane offside and creating chances, Ref bought all of Ali's dives. They were tactically done by allegri for the first goal and then they just went to sleep. Experience or lack of in spurs case caused their downfall.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Spurs play good football, but as Mourinho said when we won the Europa, poetic football does not guarantee wins.

What spurs should have done once they scored was sat back and defended.

Revan

Assumptionman
To put things in perspective, even David Moyes has gone further in UCL than Pocchetino with Spurs.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Spurs play good football, but as Mourinho said when we won the Europa, poetic football does not guarantee wins.

What spurs should have done once they scored was sat back and defended.
Spurs have played Football for 15 years, but like Keane said, they play tippy tappy stuff and in the end you can do em. Juve did that.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Genuinely couldn't give two fecks that they're out of it right now. It won't change my opinion thay they belong amongst the elite in Europe under Poch.
Eh? The elite in Europe? For real?

Robbie Boy

I love how OTT and dramatic this thread was to begin with. I mean saying they have "arrived", oh the drama :lol: