The Arrogance of Marcus Rashford

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuudTom83

I don’t really blame the manager for keep selecting him. You only need to look at the Sancho coverage to realise dropping or criticising Rashford in any way would just result in another huge clusterfeck for EtH to deal with and have to answer a thousand questions every week for the next 6 months.

It’s just not worth it when the options on the bench are Martial, Antony and a returning Amad.

shahzy

I'm laughing because I feel vindicated.
I called him over rated and a kick and run merchant about 4-5 years ago. Even when he was scoring and I was told everything under the sun. Funny that

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Bizarre time to start a Rashford bashing thread, he's been poor nearly all season but actually now scored a couple of goals recently and playing better

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don’t really blame the manager for keep selecting him. You only need to look at the Sancho coverage to realise dropping or criticising Rashford in any way would just result in another huge clusterfeck for EtH to deal with and have to answer a thousand questions every week for the next 6 months.

It’s just not worth it when the options on the bench are Martial, Antony and a returning Amad.
He has dropped him though. Recently. And that seems to have got a response. His performances after being dropped have definitely been an improvement on the performances leading up to his spell out of the team.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I called him over rated and a kick and run merchant about 4-5 years ago. Even when he was scoring and I was told everything under the sun. Funny that
He's scored nearly 100 goals for us since you called him a kick and run merchant, so yeah, that is funny.

RuudTom83

He has dropped him though. Recently. And that seems to have got a response. His performances after being dropped have definitely been an improvement on the performances leading up to his spell out of the team.
True, I should have said, my post was more a reflection of the whole season. But true in recent weeks, in comparison to previous months there has been a slight increase in performance.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
If you feel Rashford's career over the past 4-5 years have vindicated your silly, misinformed opinion of him, probably football isn't for you :)

3KDré

Bizarre time to start a Rashford bashing thread, he's been poor nearly all season but actually now scored a couple of goals recently and playing better
Agreed. I feel like he's getting into form slowly. Took him long enough.

Someone

Something
Regardless to his arrogance, it'd be wise to sell while we still can. I don't think he has it in him to perform at the level we need from him. Maybe he could do a job for PSG, but not us. Realistically if we want to challenge again we'll need to replace him, so might as well sell.

LDUred

On the other hand, if he actually does read pages online (which it seems he does), he would have read endless diatribes against him, people questioning his desire, loyalty, etc.

If it's fair enough for us to criticize him, it's also fair for him to bite back.

I don't think that masks over the fact that he's had a poor season; but in principle I don't disagree with him showing indignation. Football players do cop dog's abuse, and Rashford has probably had more than his fair share. He's been scapegoated this season, but the problems go deeper than the performance of one player.

Last edited:

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Wait, did we get his previous celebration wrong? Was he pointing to his head because he’s calling all the fans crazy? He’s been insulting the fans all along! :mad::wenger: I guess
:lol: I heard when he celebrates with his arms spread out it's because he thinks he's the second coming of the messiah, the arrogant prick.

Ludens the Red

He’s becoming very dislikable. I saw he got another parking ticket the other day for parking his supercar on double yellows. Not the worst offence in the world, but also not the first time he’s done it and points to a person who thinks he’s above everyone else. Laws and rules don’t apply to him. And that reflects on what we see on the pitch. He doesn’t think he has to run, or track back, or work hard. It’s beneath him.

It’s such a shame as I used to absolutely adore Marcus. He was everything I believed a United player should be. He worked hard, was humble, played with a smile on his face, was entertaining, did great things off the pitch.

I don’t know what happened to him, but this is not the same lad that broke through the youth ranks all those years ago. Sad really.
Tbf I’d probably do the same if I earnt what he did :lol: Sometimes it’s an absolute faff getting parking in certain areas. The only thing that stops a normal person from a footballer parking on double yellows is that they can easily afford the ticket. If he was parking on disabled bays and generally parking in completely inappropriate spots than yeah I’d say fair.

Son

Regardless to his arrogance, it'd be wise to sell while we still can. I don't think he has it in him to perform at the level we need from him. Maybe he could do a job for PSG, but not us. Realistically if we want to challenge again we'll need to replace him, so might as well sell.
He’s a pace player and you only should keep those until 27 in most cases. Robben aside I can’t think of many wide forwards who improved in their late 20’s playing a similar role.

Rashford doesn’t have the physicality or football IQ to change position like Ronaldo or Giggs did.

I think he’s a player who played professionally at a very young age and the club has already got a lot out of him. He’s kinda done his bit for us and we should sell before injuries come in.

His style doesn’t give longevity and I actually think for his own mental state Paris or Barcelona would be great for him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Tbf I’d probably do the same if I earnt what he did :lol: Sometimes it’s an absolute faff getting parking in certain areas. The only thing that stops a normal person from a footballer parking on double yellows is that they can easily afford the ticket. If he was parking on disabled bays and generally parking in completely inappropriate spots than yeah I’d say fair.
Isn't that exactly what double yellows indicate :lol:

Tyrion

:lol: I heard when he celebrates with his arms spread out it's because he thinks he's the second coming of the messiah, the arrogant prick.
Definitely. You can see it in how he dribbles. He thinks he can get past players like some kind of spirit. The Holy Spirit. This muppet thinks he's Jesus.

If he was truly humble, he'd sell his car and run around in ever widening ovals in the middle of the pitch.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This is very true. He was one of our best players today.

Looking at it big picture he has a complex relationship with the club being here as long as he has. I’m assuming he’s been majorly pissed off over Sancho and whatever else is going on off the pitch. He is all over the shop form and effort wise. In a way he’s showing the club and fans that we are shite if he’s not happy/on it. At his very best he’s a match winner. At his worst he is one of the worst wingers in the PL. Our pressure breaks down and leads to counters so often with Marcus shrugging and never genuinely trying to get the ball back.

He was good today. More of the same would be nice. I do think he’s a major part of the reason teams can get at us and build so much pressure against us.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Let's be honest. If he was indeed having a go at the fans who were being cnuts to him, which he wasn't, then this thread would prove him right.

M16Red

Well I'm pretty sure City's players have nice cars too
It wasnt about the car, it was about "just park where I want" like someone said above its not the first time.

He's a one percenter, he should be happy. The reason there was a big cheer for Licha was because you can see he's a team player - Rashford has called out fans and even his own captain at the time.

It's actually sad to see - maybe just frustration on his part but im starting to think hes believing his own hype.

David Bellion has won more trophies right now, Rashford need to get his head out of his own arse.

Tyrion

It wasnt about the car, it was about "just park where I want" like someone said above its not the first time.

He's a one percenter, he should be happy. The reason there was a big cheer for Licha was because you can see he's a team player - Rashford has called out fans and even his own captain at the time.

It's actually sad to see - maybe just frustration on his part but im starting to think hes believing his own hype.

David Bellion has won more trophies right now, Rashford need to get his head out of his own arse.
How is his head up his own arse? Parking?

He's playing badly. It has feck all to do with parking or whatever imagined character flaw that online fans think they can identify from his bad crosses.

tenhagsimp

Dude thinks he is on Ronaldo fecking level but he's closer to Bebe level than he would ever be to Ronaldo's

Fletchageddon

What I noticed is that most of the team players really didn't celebrate that much with him. Perhaps he has the same attitude during training? What's a cluster feck of a team we are.
yep, very few even bothered going over to him and those that did didn't run the whole way at all. The close up shot shows him turning around and realizing there aren't too many near him.

His refusal to work for the team, by pressing and running relentlessly means he has to go for me. It's the bare minimum and causes the whole structure of the team to fall apart. Look at Hojlund, Garnacho and Bruno busting themselves only for Marcus to not quite be there. It's pathetic and unprofessional. (and this is from a guy with a Rashford print on my wall)

AFC NimbleThumb

To see Rashford’s outputs & be upset is understandable but to call a man you’ve never met a prick just cause he doesn’t run around enough for you is. . . Prick’ish.

Given the way some bang average players have been lionised over the past decade I’ll simply never understand the hatred for Rashford. It goes further than ‘he’s a shit footballer’, the personal tones are just uncalled for.

McTominay has spent the past half decade perfecting the art of turning any passing line into anything but, he is not a prick he is a shit footballer. The tone used with Rashford isnt simply about football. I’m too tired to go where I want with this subject but it’s gotten to the point I hope he moves for his own sake.

hobbers

He's clearly got those triple threat of traits, entitled, conceited and miserable.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Im convinced that he’s the least intelligent player we have. Everything about his game is just accelerate and try and to shoot - doesn’t matter if he doesn’t have the talent or the situation doesn’t demand for it. Utterly mindless footballer. But what’s even worse is that he has abysmal worth ethic.

Big Ray

Playing better?? He’s still reproducing the same terrible decision making and lack of effort off the ball. He shoots so much some of them are bound to go in?! He is the most overrated player I think I’ve ever seen. I’d take Darwin Nunez over him easily; every day of the fecking week.

M16Red

How is his head up his own arse? Parking?

He's playing badly. It has feck all to do with parking or whatever imagined character flaw that online fans think they can identify from his bad crosses.
Playing badly, for 5 months? He doesn't even try to tackle, is that form? Or just entitled or maybe laziness? Selfishness?

We all have character flaws, I'm lazy this weekend.

It's not even about his crossing, I love to see him cross and not drive to the line (Parking or not)

wolvored

Not for being arrogant, but I do hope the club move him on. He is way too inconsistent to help the team move forward. Not the only one, but he could fetch the most money to help team rebuild. Maybe a PSG, or Saudi club could get us £60 mill.

Wing Attack Plan R

That season he delayed back surgery he was playing like this, not able to give 100%, a lot of frustration. Makes me think he might be carrying a long term problem. That said, it’s fecking ridiculous some of the things posted about him in this thread, that he doesn’t love United, cares only about his ego, what in the feck. He’s had a bad run of form and now he’s a prick, ok, got it. I’d rather have Rashford part of this club than fair weather fans.

noelyman

I've heard it all now. Of all the bizarre reasons for so called supporters to 'bash our players', them receiving parking fines has to be one of the most ridiculously petty and infantile ones. And clearly shows those posters to have an agenda against said players. Just off the top of my head I am certain that in the past Ronaldo, De Gea, Luke Shaw, Martial, Mata, Herrera, Rojo, Phil Jones have all had parking tickets. I remember there was one incident wherein 3 united players were all clamped at the same time.

Moving just across the city within recent months both Guardiola and Grealish are two of the most noticeable to have been fined. The arrogance of them all. City should get rid of Guardiola immediately due to this 'just park where I want' attitude. :houllier:

jem

Is this thread necessary.

Rashford's taken dogs abuse all season. Can understand his reaction. He loves the club, he's trying his best. If he's not good enough - fine, should go the way of Lingard but he's clearly trying his best, it's just not working for him this season.

I don't want to continue to happy clap players but it's pretty obvious that Rashford himself is feeling the pressure - I mean he should, he's at Manchester United, but our club is such a basket case at times. He's done enough for the club and human beings in general that he could walk away right now having achieved more than most footballers can dream of, it's natural that he's wanting a bit more and maybe he can't give it for one reason or another (anxiety, injuries and illness, teammate cohesion, morale in general - whatever). He's been dropped for a few weeks and we didn't perform any better without him.
Really?

Shady

Any 50+ million offer should be considered very seriously. Are PSG desperate enough if Mbappe leaves? Newcastle?

Jeffthered

A silly celebration, highlighting his immaturity and a lack of humility.

Rashford's general play is quite poor, his decision making atrocious;, his approach play is very, very predictable; he isn't clinical in front of goal... and his contribution to our general play, and workload, or getting us to play (compare to Salah, Saka..Kulasevski..) is rubbish. He's getting subbed because he is playing like a sub. Nothing more.

One goal and he thinks he is proving a point. Point is, he's looking extremely average. Rashford should watch Garnacho.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
So could it therefore be possible that Rashford was shushing the media critics rather than his own fans?
Of course it's a possibility. The problem is that a lot of fans are blinded by hatred that anything Marcus will do, won't be given fair analysis. Over analyzing goal celebrations this seriously is a sign of depression

Status
Not open for further replies.