The F1 Thread 2015 Season

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Lewis Hamilton, three-time F1 world champion and resident of Monaco, was involved in a minor road accident on Monday in his $2M purple Pagani Zonda. Fortunately, no one was injured.

Hamilton took to Instagram to alert his fans of the accident, and claimed full responsibility.

He said: “I’ve not been well with a fever but I also had a road accident in Monaco on Monday night. Nobody was hurt, which is the most important thing. But the car was obviously damaged and I made very light contact with a stationary vehicle.

“I am informing you because I feel we all must take responsibility for our actions. Mistakes happen to us all but what's important is that we learn from them and grow.”

Given the nature of Hamilton's profession and VIP status, rumors were apparently starting to circulate around the accident. He also addressed this in his Instagram post: "Whilst ultimately, it is nobody's business, there are people knowing my position that will try to take advantage of the situation and make a quick buck. NO problem."

He posted the picture from the plane while on his way to Brazil for the penultimate Grand Prix at Interlagos this weekend.

Last edited:

Giggsy92

Shame Nico didn't go on a run like this earlier on in the season, would have made the championship far more interesting.

Marching

:yawn: Rosberg comes good when it matters not and the pressure has gone.

Giggsy92

Sounds like even if Hamilton takes the lead at the start Mercedes will get Nico back in front... Hopefully there's enough action further back to keep us entertained.

Leg-End

Absolutely dire race made worse by the fact Mercedes won't let either driver do anything different despite winning everything.

Giggsy92

Absolutely dire race made worse by the fact Mercedes won't let either driver do anything different despite winning everything.
Not surprising, Toto came out and said Nico getting 2nd in the championship was their priority. Hopefully now that's secure they can mix things up in Abu Dhabi.

Marching

Next season is going to be interesting with Vettle pushing Hamilton and maybe even Rosberg if he can find a way of handling the pressure better.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
A winner when it doesn't matter.
A runner up when it does.

Oh Nico :(

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Good effort from Rosberg, the real problem is the opposition is too far behind as we saw overtaking was possible behind the Mercs.
Hopefully Ferrari can challenge next year.

F-Red

I know the cars are also to blame but surely track design can help? Many tracks have near zero opportunities and some have a couple. Learn from the couple spots and apply to other locations. Each track should have 10:drool:
There's enough overtake spots on any track bar Monaco, the current regs don't lend themselves well to free flowing overtakes.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Tag Heuer's now stopped sponsoring to McLaren and gone over to Red Bull. The evaporation continues.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
I only heard Hamilton say that and he meant when it's between like for like cars.
maybe it is the commentary in the US but it is said on almost every single race day during the formation lap and then a few laps in and at the end. I think those stats I posted show it is possible to build a passing track (Austin) and what really stood out was the by year plot. Seems there was a big spike in passing several years ago but the current passing is more the norm.

Giggsy92

2014 had some good racing, I felt like they got the balance between making overtaking possible but not too easy just about right, but they messed up with the new noses it seems. Doesn't help that, on a normal weekend, Mercedes have a clear advantage over Ferrari, who have a clear advantage over Wiliams, who have a clear advantage over Red Bull, etc etc, at least last year the battle behind Mercedes was a bit closer (and the Mercedes guys could actually overtake each other at some tracks).