The F1 Thread 2015 Season

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
What would be interesting from that data is to look at the number of overtakes amongst the front runners for example limiting it to overtakes between the top teams Ferrari, Red Bull, Mercedes, and Williams/McLaren.

There's enough overtake spots on any track bar Monaco, the current regs don't lend themselves well to free flowing overtakes.
That's coupled with the boring Tilke-dromes that dominate F1 now. The current cars don't fit well with a constant radius corner with a massive run off followed by long straight and a hairpin.

Giggsy92

Sounds like Abu Dhabi could be the last live race on the Beeb, not sure I'll be able to put up with a full season of 'Crofty'.

pauldyson1uk

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner has confirmed they have signed an engine deal for 2016 and will be on the grid "unless something extremely untoward happens".

Speaking to Sky Sports F1 at the Abu Dhabi GP, Horner refused to reveal just who the contract is with, althoughexpectations point to a renewal with Renault - albeit with the team themselves developing the power unit.

"We've entered the world championship, we've signed a contract for an engine, but I can't tell you what it'll be or called at the moment," Horner said.

Giggsy92

Wonder why Vettel backed off, maybe they told him he was safe with the issues for Ericsson and Alonso.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just switched on in time to see Vettel stop for a friendly chat with Webber - obviously they hate each other :lol:

I see Ron is being Ron again as well.

Leg-End

Hard to really know why Rosberg is all of a sudden on top, could be a combo of pressure off and Lewis not quite being as focused but you do have to wonder if something has changed on the car like Lewis said because you don't just go from 3 tenths consistently behind to 2-3 tenths consistently up because one guy can't be arsed anymore, that's a big swing in F1 terms.

pauldyson1uk

Hard to really know why Rosberg is all of a sudden on top, could be a combo of pressure off and Lewis not quite being as focused but you do have to wonder if something has changed on the car like Lewis said because you don't just go from 3 tenths consistently behind to 2-3 tenths consistently up because one guy can't be arsed anymore, that's a big swing in F1 terms.
I have also been wondering the same, I think it could be a bit of Lewis has won he does not have to push himself and is just coasting the rest of the season and the pressure is off Nico or there is the other one I thought off, Vettel was catching Nico for second place and Mercedes have asked Lewis to ease off so Nico can get the points to beat Vettel.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I just turned on after deciding if sounds too windy to go outside, did I miss anything so far?

Giggsy92

Probably the biggest pace advantage Rosberg's had over Hamilton since 2013. Shame that Vettel started so far back, with Kimi only a few seconds behind Hamilton you'd have to think he'd have been at least fighting Hamilton for second with a normal qualifying.

pauldyson1uk

Probably the biggest pace advantage Rosberg's had over Hamilton since 2013. Shame that Vettel started so far back, with Kimi only a few seconds behind Hamilton you'd have to think he'd have been at least fighting Hamilton for second with a normal qualifying.
but why has he got it now, he has not had it most of the season, Lewis wins the Championship and then bang Nico hits form and his car is faster.

Leg-End

Whatever change Mercedes have made in the car has made Rosberg faster but seemingly applied an anchor to Hamilton, be interesting if it carries over to 2016. Sulky Hamilton might come back.

Giggsy92

but why has he got it now, he has not had it most of the season, Lewis wins the Championship and then bang Nico hits form and his car is faster.
Lack of pressure, Hamilton's form going off a cliff after wrapping up the title, and whatever they did to the car after Singapore suiting Nico far more than Lewis. I did wonder before this race if Mercedes might have turned Hamilton's car down a little in the last two races to help Rosberg get 2nd in the championship but evidently not.

Leg-End

Merc hanging Hamilton out to dry, will just end up neutralised again once he ends up 6-7 seconds behind and he will run out of laps.

Giggsy92

I'd love to know their logic behind this strategy, no use having freshers tyres if you're 10 seconds down the road for feck's sake.