The Guardian - Manchester United to sack Erik ten Hag after the FA Cup Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Ban media and that journalist from OldTrafford. This is not ok with us playing final tomorrow
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just makes it look even more true if you do that. The media are going to report on it, they owe the Premier League clubs NOTHING. Unless there’s an NDA preventing it, it’s going to get reported on.

This is most likely an agent or intermediary leak.

red.knight

Yep

But you will have a bunch of idiot fans happy , regardless of how it impacts our chances tomorrow. If he’s gone on Sunday , then no United fan should be happy we find out a day hey for the cup final, it doesn’t help us.
I thought the news of sacking LvG during the FA Cup final was in bad taste, the day before just takes the biscuit. Jim carrying on the Glazer legacy.

I hope Ten Hag leaves on a high by winning the cup.

The Hilton

It's a figure of speech you've horribly misused, given that it literally means by all accounts, and you've provided a single account, Jan Aage Fjortoft, who's far from top tier.

Given that it's opposed by the BBC, a far more reliable source, it definitely doesn't assuage any fears that this has been handled terribly by the club.

gaffs

May have been mentioned previously, but Steven Howson on Stretford Paddock said that he had been informed that INEOS were looking to replace ETH regardless. It was only in the last few days that they passed this info onto "the club", i.e. The Glazers. This is how it leaked.

Chumpsbechumps

I thought the news of sacking LvG during the FA Cup final was in bad taste, the day before just takes the biscuit. Jim carrying on the Glazer legacy.

Be great to get a win , just hate the drama sh*t that always surrounds United. Such a muppet show club

90 + 5min

He's a Chelsea journalist, I don't think he's ever at Old Trafford
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just makes it look even more true if you do that. The media are going to report on it, they owe the Premier League clubs NOTHING. Unless there’s an NDA preventing it, it’s going to get reported on.

This is most likely an agent or intermediary leak.
Everybody trying to put us in some negative way before important final should get at least 6 months ban from our press conference. Or OldTrafford.

buchansleftleg

Have the guardian gone to united with this story and got a "non-denial denial"

Namely, "we are going to run the story that the decision to sack ETH has already been made....are you going to comment or disagree?" And then the club refused to comment?

Or have just watched "All the presidents men" too many times.

The Firestarter

Ah so we are a club that defines it's manager by one season now, regardless of a good first season. The great United way. Best fans in the world. Don't show your bias or anything. Fan community my hole. Thankfully this place is no more than an echo chamber of a section of Manchester United fans. As embarrassing as this whole circus show. 1 post left for today and thank god will be my last. May as well ban the account. I don't have enough clown makeup to keep posting here.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Infestissumam

I would blame it more on the FA Cup being scheduled after the end of the PL season than anything. I can see why they wouldn't want to derail preparations for the final by saying they'll sack him afterwards, so what do you do? Hope to keep the lid on it until after the final? Almost impossible in this current media climate, and further complicated by Brighton and Chelsea having vacancies and similar names on their lists.

It's unfortunate to have this drama ahead of the final, and it's certainly unfair to ten Hag. But as with van Gaal back then, these decisions aren't made in a nutshell.

ReparableTrack0

I understand the frustration but come on the club can't control all sources of information. Like many speculated it is probably coming from sources linked to the new manager/other clubs. We can’t do anything about it. Let’s just relax and see what tomorrow brings.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Imagine ETH walks before the final if they don't give him assurances they havent made up their mind.
What manager wants to go to a cup final after almost concrete rumors he's being sacked, only to lose to a vastly better City side.
LVG knew weeks before he was getting sacked and still won us the final. I still remember one of his press conference where he walked out as he was saying his family all thought he’d been sacked already.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It's a figure of speech you've horribly misused, given that it literally means by all accounts, and you've provided a single account, Jan Aage Fjortoft, who's far from top tier.

Given that it's opposed by the BBC, a far more reliable source, it definitely doesn't assuage any fears that this has been handled terribly by the club.
Sure let’s assume the BBC is the king of media truths.
anyway I honestly don’t care. Wanted him sacked for his performances so I’m happy.
Nearly everyone on here was saying city would thump us anyway so what difference will it make?
looking forward to tomorrows, i personally think we’re gonna sneak it somehow for 2-1 despite all this noise. Looking forward to then moving forward next season.

mu4c_20le

Tuchel probably knew this was going to happen, which is why he didn't accept Bayern's late overtures to retain him.
That would be brilliant outcome. Mckenna goes to Brighton, Chelsea get the leicester manager

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
For those worrying about the Final, the players will probably be hugely motivated by the hope that if they impress they could get a chance next season under manager who has some semblance of an idea about what he's doing.
Also I think the reports saying he’s getting sacked whether we win or lose should hopefully make them still try and win the trophy for us fans. If they didn’t like the manager and it said he’ll be sacked if we lose but could stay if we win then they’d probably lose on purpose.

LARulz

Apparently Ducker is one of Jim's fav's to 'leak' stuff to, or talk to. Till he says something I won't fully buy these rumours

The Hilton

anyway I honestly don’t care. Wanted him sacked for his performances so I’m happy.
Nearly everyone on here was saying city would thump us anyway so what difference will it make?
looking forward to tomorrows, i personally think we’re gonna sneak it somehow for 2-1 despite all this noise. Looking forward to then moving forward next season.
Honestly I find it strange that you'll accept such a lack of class and professionalism from the club management. Given that you want Ten Hag sacked for his performances, I'd expect you to want leakers sacked for undermining the club too.

It's possible to be happy about the decision and unhappy about how it was handled, just as I was with the LVG sacking.

spiriticon

No source just opinion and speculation here.
Well if it isn't true then the Guardian should be perma banned from Old Trafford.

In fact, I already think they should be banned. They could have released this tomorrow evening but no, it had to be today.

red.knight

By all accounts ETH was told weeks ago that he wouldn’t be here next season.

not worried about it. Just can’t wait til next season and we can put this car crash of a season in the rear view
I really doubt that.

Nonetheless, I see signs of hope for the future with the younger players (of which some are Ten Hag signings), starting to show good things. Build around them, replace the obvious has beens. Who's left from Moyes', LVG's, Mourinho's, etc teams? Rashford, Martial, McTom, Shaw? Of course, they must be the first to go in the summer, no more negotiation.

NB: 18 months from now, I'll be here defending when our next manager getting sacked :)

Amir

In fact, I already think they should be banned. They could have released this tomorrow evening but no, it had to be today.
Unless they are lying, what are you going to ban them for? Doing their work and not sitting on information so that it will suit us?

Tarrou

But they do and it's doubly entertaining grown ass men melting like this. Or are they (grown ups)? :lol:
Woody really did a number on a lot of our fans. He loved to leak stuff thinking he was playing 5D chess or some shit, but he was just an idiot.

Gomes

The contrast of your behaviour between the last week of Ole's and ETH' management is staggering.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Im acutually in a tin hat moment…if we win the FA Cup then we go to Europa league… at the expense of Chelsea. And A Chelsea-related writer leaks to the story…
Or a journalist reached out to McKenna's, Pochettino's or Tuchel's agents and the name of United came up.

The Firestarter

Woody really did a number on a lot of our fans. He loved to leak stuff thinking he was playing 5D chess or some shit, but he was just an idiot.
Sir Alex did a number on us too. By being so bloody brilliant for so long, that people started taking it for granted, getting the impression any manager could get to that level.

spiriticon

Unless they are lying, what are you going to ban them for? Doing their work and not sitting on information so that it will suit us?
There is no need to have court case solid reason to ban them. It's our media room and we just don't let them in.

They are free to tell the truth (is it even the truth?), but the choice of their timing is clearly unfriendly.

Flying_Heckfish

There's more, taken from Twitter.

Records broken by Erik ten Hag:

- Manchester United hadn't lost 13 games by Christmas since 1930, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United hadn't gone 4 games in a row without scoring since 1992, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United hadn't lost back to back games to West Ham since 2007, until Erik Ten Hag
- No Manchester United manager has conceded 20 goals to Liverpool/City in their first 7 games against them since Alfred Albut in the 1800s, until Erik Ten Hag.
- Manchester United had never finished with as few as 5 points in the CL group stages in the competitions history, until Erik Ten Hag
- No English club had ever conceded 15 goals in the CL group stages in the competitions history until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United had never lost 4 of 6 CL group games in the competitions history, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United had never failed to keep a clean sheet in 5 of 6 CL group games in the competitions history, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United had never lost 12 of the opening 23 games of the season, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United hadn't finished bottom of their CL group since 2006. Until Erik Ten Hag.
- Bournemouth had never won at Old Trafford, Until Erik Ten Hag - Bournemouth had never scored 3 goals at Old Trafford, until Erik Ten Hag
- Bournemouth had never kept a clean sheet at Old Trafford, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United had never lost 7 of the opening 16 PL games, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United hadn't lost back to back league games against Newcastle since 1972, until Erik Ten Hag.
- Manchester United hadn't lost 3 games in a row to Newcastle United since 1922, until Erik Ten Hag
- Newcastle hadn't kept 3 clean sheets in a row against Manchester United since 1897, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United had never lost 6 of the opening 14 games of a PL season, until Erik Ten Hag
- No English team in CL history had ever conceded 14 goals in the first 5 CL group games, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United had never conceded 3+ goals in 4 different CL games in a season, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United had never lost a CL game they were leading by 2 goals, until Erik Ten Hag, twice since.
- Manchester United hadn't lost a game they were leading by 2+ goals since 2014, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United had never dropped this many points from a winning position in CL history, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United had never conceded 4+ in two CL group games, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United hadn't lost 9 of the opening 17 games since 1974, until Erik Ten Hag
- No team had ever give away 4 penalties in their first 4 CL group games in the competitions history, until Erik Ten Hag
- No player as young as Roony Bardghji had scored against Manchester United in the CL, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United hadn't lost 8 of the opening 15 games in a season since 1962, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United hadn't lost 5 of their first 10 games at Old Trafford since 1931, until Erik Ten Hag
- Newcastle hadn't won at Old Trafford since 2013, until Erik Ten Hag.
- Newcastle hadn't won a cup game against Manchester Uniteds since 1994, until Erik Ten Hag.
- Manchester United hadn't lost twice in a row to Newcastle since 1972, until Erik Ten Hag
- No post war Manchester United manager had conceded 20 goals to City and Liverpool in their first 6 games against them, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United hadn't lost 5 of the opening 10 league games in 36 years, until Erik Ten Hag
- Galatasaray hadn't won a game on English soil in 117 years of existing, until Erik Ten Hag.
- Manchester United had never lost the opening 2 CL group games, until Erik Ten Hag.
- Manchester United had never conceded 7 goals in the opening 2 CL group games, until Erik Ten Hag.
- Manchester United had never lost an home and away match to Crystal Palace in the Premier League, until Erik Ten Hag.
- Manchester United just had their lowest ever finish in the Premier League era, 8th
- Manchester United have conceded 83 goals this season, which is the highest ever in their history

But yeah give him another year for some reason.
Genuinely wish we could pin posts.

Timing is shit but the decision is absolutely correct, and should've been taken sooner.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Even then people generally made up the leaks because his actual briefs were obvious, you could picture him writing them with BS like 30k right footed left fullback being scouted and Darmian being the obvious winner.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Honestly I find it strange that you'll accept such a lack of class and professionalism from the club management. Given that you want Ten Hag sacked for his performances, I'd expect you to want leakers sacked for undermining the club too.

It's possible to be happy about the decision and unhappy about how it was handled, just as I was with the LVG sacking.
It's baffling to see how so many posters are okay with the timing of this leak. It's even more baffling to see those who aren't okay with the leak, but happy to let the club management off the hook with the "new manager reps / intermediaries must have leaked it" line of defense, as if there are no other clubs in world football who have ever managed to sound out new managers without undermining the current one.

Crackers

greasy ginfers

- Manchester United hadn't lost 13 games by Christmas since 1930, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United hadn't gone 4 games in a row without scoring since 1992, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United hadn't lost back to back games to West Ham since 2007, until Erik Ten Hag
- No Manchester United manager has conceded 20 goals to Liverpool/City in their first 7 games against them since Alfred Albut in the 1800s, until Erik Ten Hag.
- Manchester United had never finished with as few as 5 points in the CL group stages in the competitions history, until Erik Ten Hag
- No English club had ever conceded 15 goals in the CL group stages in the competitions history until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United had never lost 4 of 6 CL group games in the competitions history, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United had never failed to keep a clean sheet in 5 of 6 CL group games in the competitions history, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United had never lost 12 of the opening 23 games of the season, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United hadn't finished bottom of their CL group since 2006. Until Erik Ten Hag.
- Bournemouth had never won at Old Trafford, Until Erik Ten Hag - Bournemouth had never scored 3 goals at Old Trafford, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United had never lost 7 of the opening 16 PL games, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United hadn't lost back to back league games against Newcastle since 1972, until Erik Ten Hag.
- Manchester United hadn't lost 3 games in a row to Newcastle United since 1922, until Erik Ten Hag
- Newcastle hadn't kept 3 clean sheets in a row against Manchester United since 1897, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United had never lost 6 of the opening 14 games of a PL season, until Erik Ten Hag
- No English team in CL history had ever conceded 14 goals in the first 5 CL group games, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United had never conceded 3+ goals in 4 different CL games in a season, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United had never lost a CL game they were leading by 2 goals, until Erik Ten Hag, twice since.
- Manchester United hadn't lost a game they were leading by 2+ goals since 2014, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United had never dropped this many points from a winning position in CL history, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United had never conceded 4+ in two CL group games, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United hadn't lost 9 of the opening 17 games since 1974, until Erik Ten Hag
- No team had ever give away 4 penalties in their first 4 CL group games in the competitions history, until Erik Ten Hag
- No player as young as Roony Bardghji had scored against Manchester United in the CL, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United hadn't lost 8 of the opening 15 games in a season since 1962, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United hadn't lost 5 of their first 10 games at Old Trafford since 1931, until Erik Ten Hag
- Newcastle hadn't won a cup game against Manchester Uniteds since 1994, until Erik Ten Hag.
- Manchester United hadn't lost twice in a row to Newcastle since 1972, until Erik Ten Hag
- No post war Manchester United manager had conceded 20 goals to City and Liverpool in their first 6 games against them, until Erik Ten Hag
- Manchester United hadn't lost 5 of the opening 10 league games in 36 years, until Erik Ten Hag
- Galatasaray hadn't won a game on English soil in 117 years of existing, until Erik Ten Hag.
- Manchester United had never lost the opening 2 CL group games, until Erik Ten Hag.
- Manchester United had never conceded 7 goals in the opening 2 CL group games, until Erik Ten Hag.
- Manchester United had never lost an home and away match to Crystal Palace in the Premier League, until Erik Ten Hag.
- Manchester United just had their lowest ever finish in the Premier League era, 8th
- Manchester United have conceded 83 goals this season, which is the highest ever in their history

This is horrific

Moriarty

That makes for grim reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.