Gaming The SM RedCafe League

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
First time i put out my strongest team in eurpoe and i lose 3-1 and bottom of my group.

In other news one of Ribery, Toure and maybe RVP might be for sale as well as the obvious ones.

Last edited:

Levo

Band of Brothers
Finally beat someone to a transfer!

Signed up our own little Pea! Needed another striker as was a bit light with just Lukaku & Volland for the 1st team.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Lost 3-1 to Reading in the cup, not suprising given the difference in strength of the two teams on the field.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Beat Morecambe 3-1 with two players completely out of position (Ezekiel and Castaignos who scored two of the goals)

Balotelli got sent off though, so he misses the next three games.

Damien

Staff
Nice attempt at Jinxing it Damo :D

These P/Ex deals are fecking weird on SM now. He's as likely to end up at Swansea as at City or Fulham.
Yeah, when the league was first formed it got annoying at times as there were a few players I had highest bid for which ended up going to other clubs. I suppose I've not done too badly in the league since though. Just wish that the transfer bans expired at the end of the season rather than now as I don't have much to offer, and the players that teams do bring in will probably affect the league hugely.

Varun

Staff
Yeah, when the league was first formed it got annoying at times as there were a few players I had highest bid for which ended up going to other clubs. I suppose I've not done too badly in the league since though. Just wish that the transfer bans expired at the end of the season rather than now as I don't have much to offer, and the players that teams do bring in will probably affect the league hugely.
Yeah, I remember you cursing the feck out of SM :lol:

Whoever gets Rooney massively improves his 1st 11. Cant help but imagine him instead of Dempsey upfront :D

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Serves you right for not selling me Gnabry :p
He's said several times that he didn't want to lower his career aspirations by moving to such a poorly run club. I respect his opinion and therefore will honour his wishes. Besides, you could have sold me Bentaleb who's been awful since! :lol:

Varun

Staff
He's said several times that he didn't want to lower his career aspirations by moving to such a poorly run club. I respect his opinion and therefore will honour his wishes. Besides, you could have sold me Bentaleb who's been awful since! :lol:
Reminds me, why the feck do they play bentaleb over paulinho in real life?

Damien

Staff
Bentaleb stats since 2nd Feb (when league started)

Games Started: 7/9
Minutes: 599/810 (74%)
Goals: 0
Assists: 2

Gnabry stats since 2nd Feb (when league started)

Games Started: 0/10
Minutes: 18/900 (2%)
Assists: 0

As for poorly run club...

:cool:

Damien

Staff
Reminds me, why the feck do they play bentaleb over paulinho in real life?
Sherwood trying to make some sort of point that it was stupid to sign players when they had a couple of good youth talents in Bentaleb and Kane (Sherwood was in charge of youth before he got the job so as he knew Bentaleb well, he played him loads - a bit similar to what is happening at Porto now with Diego Reyes getting play time after their youth coach became their permanent manager)

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Bentaleb stats since 2nd Feb (when league started)

Games Started: 7/9
Minutes: 599/810 (74%)
Assists: 2

Gnabry stats since 2nd Feb (when league started)

Games Started: 0/10
Minutes: 18/900 (2%)
Assists: 0

As for poorly run club...

:cool:
How's life getting on at Old Trafford, I'm sure the Glazers won't be happy with United in 13th place? :wenger: :devil:

As for Arsenal, we're a club in transition and have had a lot of unlucky injuries in our back line. We've been very unlucky in a lot of games this season, I don't know what I can do tbh to make us win at the moment!

Varun

Staff
Sherwood trying to make some sort of point that it was stupid to sign players when they had a couple of good youth talents in Bentaleb and Kane (Sherwood was in charge of youth before he got the job so as he knew Bentaleb well, he played him loads - a bit similar to what is happening at Porto now with Diego Reyes getting play time after their youth coach became their permanent manager)
That's what I thought too. Playing the "I'm developing youth" card.

Damien

Staff
How's life getting on at Old Trafford, I'm sure the Glazers won't be happy with United in 13th place? :wenger: :devil:

As for Arsenal, we're a club in transition and have had a lot of unlucky injuries in our back line. We've been very unlucky in a lot of games this season, I don't know what I can do tbh to make us win at the moment!
Tottenham Hotspur injuries
9 Feb (MD3): Kyle Walker (23/90) - 3 days
18 Feb (CR1): Emmanuel Adebayor (30/90) - 2 days
2 Mar (MD9): Ranieri Sandro (25/90) - 5 days
16 Mar (MD13): Kyle Walker (23/90) - 12 days
16 Mar (MD13): Jan Vertonghen (26/91) - 3 days
23 Mar (MD15): Etienne Capoue (25/90) - 4 days
3 Apr (MD18): Kyle Walker (23/90) - 10 days

Arsenal injuries
18 Feb (CR1): Julian Korb (22/83) - 3 days
25 Feb (SR1): Mesut Ozil (25/94) - 2 days (someone forgetting to rotate team :p)
27 Feb (MD8): Julian Korb (22/83) - 11 days
16 Mar (MD13): Ivan Rakitic (26/91) - 16 days
20 Mar (MD14): Neven Subotic (25/92) - 14 days

Hmmm :p

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
That doesn't look like a lot of unlucky injuries to your back line does it, Mr. Smith? Now mine on the other hand... 5/7 to first team defenders
Purleeeeease. 4/5 days does not count as injuries! So you've only had Walker out, who lets face it, is a bit rubbish anyway.