Television The Sopranos

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Started it the other day on about episode 6, started off slowly but picking up now.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

2cents

Scout
It's a really great show. The CGI of Tony's mom was insane though.
You on season 3? Think it’s my favorite, some really dark shit. The whole feel of the show is more sinister, supposedly something to do with a change in the lighting and camera angles they started using.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
This is getting really good, does the quality tail off as the seasons go on? How good are the other seasons compared to one? (without spoiling)

Last edited:

2cents

Scout
This is getting really good, does the quality tail of as the seasons go on? How good are the other seasons compared to one? (without spoiling)
Quality stays fairly high the way through, doesn’t dip below season 1 standards at any point and most seasons surpass the first IMO. I think there’s a bit of a dip at one point (not gonna tell you when) but it recovers nicely.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
This is getting really good, does the quality tail off as the seasons go on? How good are the other seasons compared to one? (without spoiling)
I'd say there's no drop-off at all nah, one of the poster boys for consistent quality.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
You on season 3? Think it’s my favorite, some really dark shit. The whole feel of the show is more sinister, supposedly something to do with a change in the lighting and camera angles they started using.
I'd say Ralph's character has a lot to do with it as well, someone evil to a point the show hadn't really gone to before.

Also Meadow's storyline is huge in said season and explores a lot of themes regarding loss of innocence etc in a way which allows the grim lifestyle of her family to hit home fully.

2cents

Scout
I'd say Ralph's character has a lot to do with it as well, someone evil to a point the show hadn't really gone to before.

Also Meadow's storyline is huge in said season and explores a lot of themes regarding loss of innocence etc in a way which allows the grim lifestyle of her family to hit home fully.
Yeah definitely two major elements in taking the show forward in that season. They also come together in that amazing/horrific episode with

poor Tracy :(

freeurmind

weak willed
Yh had to take a break though due to work but we're continuing next week. The big drama in Tony's mother's house at the end of Season 2 (don't want to spoil) was one of the best things I've seen on television.

freeurmind

weak willed
On season 5 now. Really great show. I'd stil put the Wire ahead of it but it's on a par with Breaking Bad for me.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Started season 2 the other day, first was fantastic.

freeurmind

weak willed
Dammit. Breaking Bad is not on a par with The Sopranos. Fight me.
I think especially the first 3 seasons of BB are on par with the great TV dramas. Maybe not as smart as The Wire or the Sopranos but definitely as enjoyable.

freeurmind

weak willed
Just got to where Finn catches Vito giving head in the parking lot :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:. This show is amazing.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
If it was me this kid was spreading rumours about he'd have something up his own ass. And it wouldn't be no COCK either.

2cents

Scout
For all we know this guy’s got a hard-on for Vito.

Tarrou

It's a really great show. The CGI of Tony's mom was insane though.
I wonder if they might come back and fix that some day in a special edition or something. Probably not but they must have considered it. The series is basically perfection without that bit :lol:

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Finally finished this, wasn't perfect but no show is, Tony in a coma episodes were tedious they spent too much time on it. But everything else was amazing, the whole series was gripping and funny. Not sure what to make of the ending but I haven't had much time to think about it. Better than the wire imo.

AaronRedDevil

Finally finished this, wasn't perfect but no show is, Tony in a coma episodes were tedious they spent too much time on it. But everything else was amazing, the whole series was gripping and funny. Not sure what to make of the ending but I haven't had much time to think about it. Better than the wire imo.
I think the ending is quite clever. Not everyones cup of tea but at least it's not like GoT or Dexter.

2cents

Scout
Tony in a coma episodes were tedious they spent too much time on it.
I thought so too the first time I watched them. On a few more viewings though I like them a lot more, think they really tie into the general theme of the final season. And they gave us my favourite episode ending:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I thought so too the first time I watched them. On a few more viewings though I like them a lot more, think they really tie into the general theme of the final season. And they gave us my favourite episode ending:

Yep. First time around they were annoying as it felt like they were stopping the show from going where I wanted it to go but on re-watch they're great, character-centred stuff. That ending is indeed great.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I think the ending is quite clever. Not everyones cup of tea but at least it's not like GoT or Dexter.
Agree it wasn't bad, it's just shocking, at the time I thought the copy I had was bad when it went blank. But the whole tension in that final scene was something else.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
One of my favourite scenes was when Irina called Carmela to tell her about the affair he was having and then Carmela going crazy and throwing his stuff out and then confronting him. I can't find the scene on YouTube, which is crazy as it's one of the best performances in TV history imo, they both had great screen chemistry.

Last edited:

2cents

Scout
One of my favourite scenes was when Irina called Carmela to tell him about the affair he was having and then Carmela going crazy and throwing his stuff out and then confronting him. I can't find the scene on YouTube, which is crazy as it's one of the best performances in TV history imo, they both had great screen chemistry.
Here:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
For me Sopranos are in top 3 tv shows ever( Star trek, GOT and Sopranos). But funny thing for me is that they have huge amount of characters who you just hate. Not love to hate, you just hate them because they are so annoying. Until i saw Joffrey from GOT, my most hated characters on TV were Wesley Crusher, Chris, AJ and fecking Janice.

R.E.D.

Just finished it. Amazing, just amazing. The cast as a whole, I have to think about others but I think the best cast on a show ever. My god Gandolfini was brilliant.