Television The Traitors (BBC) | If you've not watched it all, beware if you enter this thread as a bunch are talking without using spoilers

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I don't know if another season (in any country) would be as worthwhile to watch.

The difference will be more people willing to play it by the rules as opposed to just making friends then being shocked come the round table I guess.

Really, really enjoyed it though, what a show. Was hugely surprised at how good it is.

IRN-BRUno

Watched the 1st episode earlier, they're all staying at the castle overnight which is different. First impression is that this group won't get on as well as they did in the UK version. Already one of the traitors seems annoyed at having to work with the other guy so that could get interesting, both of them have already been mentioned as possibles by others as well.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Just watched the mole on Netflix and that’s a really interesting show too. Similar genre but different twist

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Watched the 1st episode earlier, they're all staying at the castle overnight which is different. First impression is that this group won't get on as well as they did in the UK version. Already one of the traitors seems annoyed at having to work with the other guy so that could get interesting, both of them have already been mentioned as possibles by others as well.
They seem more eager to just throw names around as well. Definitely getting some daft theories from this lot.
Having to watch the rather pointless tasks was bad enough the first time, they seem to be the exact same ones.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Of course they've dragged in a couple of reality TV people, because why not :confused:
I think most of the US contestants are reality TV stars and/ or already famous. US audiences wouldn't have the attention spans to get to know a bunch of nobodies

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I'd love to see a series where we don't know who the traitors are. Or have an option to hide it maybe, not sure how they'd do it though.

I'm starting the US version tonight, hoping it's decent.

sebsheep

Just watched the mole on Netflix and that’s a really interesting show too. Similar genre but different twist
Decent watch, added complexity of the normal players trying to make themselves look like the mole to confuse the others.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I'd love to see a series where we don't know who the traitors are. Or have an option to hide it maybe, not sure how they'd do it though.

I'm starting the US version tonight, hoping it's decent.
The mole on Netflix has this concept but I think the traitors one works better

sebsheep

Michael lucky to not get banished after his actions. Might be difficult for people to chbage their minds on him now.
Christian has gained a few people's interest as well with the way he's been acting, the difference his cockiness around how well he'd do and his current performance in the role is funny. Think he might up a the first traitor caught.

sebsheep

US are worse and their petty arguments manage to derail the faithfuls even more than the UK. Classic US!

sebsheep

Jfc this lot made the UK players look competent.
2 traitors making bizarre decisions that got them booted out.
It being pretty obvious that someone was recruited.
They even killed from the armory bunch and nobody thought it was weird that they'd take that risk.
1 traitor then sells out the other round the fire and nobody thinks it's odd that she was able to sense that right at the last moment.
:lol:

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Didn't realise the US Traitors was at the same castle and doing the same tasks. Feels like it could tire quick. The tasks were never why you watched it, but I guess they're needed to add some filler and create a backdrop.

The cast are immediately annoying as feck. Rather than going for (generally) more regular people like the UK one, most of the cast seem to be doing the rounds of reality TV shows.

Think it'll end up too silly for me with egos clashing and people playing up to the cameras. There'll definitely be more scheming, accusing and drama though - which I guess is the whole point.

Good to see somebody try a very simple 'Everyone, [host] wants traitors in the lounge'. Wasn't particularly effective now but it's the sort of thing that could be later on. Often on werewolf it's the stupid stuff that catches people out.

Fully Fledged

Didn't realise the US Traitors was at the same castle and doing the same tasks. Feels like it could tire quick. The tasks were never why you watched it, but I guess they're needed to add some filler and create a backdrop.

The cast are immediately annoying as feck. Rather than going for (generally) more regular people like the UK one, most of the cast seem to be doing the rounds of reality TV shows.

Think it'll end up too silly for me with egos clashing and people playing up to the cameras. There'll definitely be more scheming, accusing and drama though - which I guess is the whole point.

Good to see somebody try a very simple 'Everyone, [host] wants traitors in the lounge'. Wasn't particularly effective now but it's the sort of thing that could be later on. Often on werewolf it's the stupid stuff that catches people out.
It backfired as he was killed that night.

It's no coincidence that in both shows the only faithful to make it to the end were the gullible ones.

Last edited:

sebsheep

It backfired as he was killed that night.

It's no coincidence that in both shows the only faithful to make it to the end were the gullible ones.
US ones took it up a level. How do you not question how she knew?

sebsheep

I think there are 1 or 2 different tasks. Luckily I don't think they really change the viewing because they're pretty pointless to us other than the potential shield.

IRN-BRUno

Christian's character was similar to Wilf in the UK version and like him he ended up trying to over-complicate after doing a pretty good job. Nobody would have suspected a recruitment, they'd have just assumed they tried to kill whoever had the shield. To announce you rejected it just made him look suspicious and also ensure the other traitors wouldn't trust him.

From Cirie's comments during the final episode you assumed she would probably throw Arie under the bus. A bit of a harsh move but that's the game I guess. Took a gamble as he could have done a Kieran and given it away but it paid off.

Overall, with the UK group they all seemed to get on well and were able to separate the gossip/voting from completing the missions. US clearly had a few who disliked each other, then you had stuff like Kate chucking money away and Michael trying to get votes from people as soon as they came out of graves after being buried underground for an hour :lol:

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Three episodes into the UK version. Some of the people are so highly strung emotional it's crazy - makes for good TV though.

The older gay guy is a cnut. It's tough to watch the young guy who's flirting with the girl - poor guy.

BD

Ok is there something about just being in there so long and the paranoia that makes them all so emotional? You'd swear the people literally died when the traitors get them.

BD

Finished it. What a brilliant show. Honestly was delighted Will didn't win.

I didn't quite get how the rest wouldn't have just known that there was still a traitor after Kieran died, even without him basically telling them. There was meant to be three from the start, and Kieran wasn't there from the start - so surely they'd have known they still need one original traitor? Or did I misunderstand something along the way?

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Finished it. What a brilliant show. Honestly was delighted Will didn't win.

I didn't quite get how the rest wouldn't have just known that there was still a traitor after Kieran died, even without him basically telling them. There was meant to be three from the start, and Kieran wasn't there from the start - so surely they'd have known they still need one original traitor? Or did I misunderstand something along the way?
They were never told how many traitors there were, I’m pretty sure.

BD

They were never told how many traitors there were, I’m pretty sure.
Oh. I'm sure Claudia time then at some point that there's still two left, but maybe that was after the two lads came back in

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
So I've just watched it all... Maybe it's from my days of playing Werewolf on here, but it was incredibly frustrating how little analysis / decent theories there were...

Also, pretty annoying that the three dumbest players were the ones to actually win in the end :lol:... Especially Meryll, what an absolute idiot.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
So I've just watched it all... Maybe it's from my days of playing Werewolf on here, but it was incredibly frustrating how little analysis / decent theories there were...

Also, pretty annoying that the three dumbest players were the ones to actually win in the end :lol:... Especially Meryll, what an absolute idiot.
Maddy's theories though :drool:

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Maddy's theories though :drool:
Her theory made me like Wilf... Must be incredibly frustrating to be playing a decent traitor game only for some ridiculous brain-dead theory to be the thing that might rumble you.

Wilf deserved the win easily, he just played the whole Kieran situation totally wrong. Just need to use their numbers power right until the end.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch

They basically just voted out anyone with any inclination of playing the game and figuring out who the traitors were to the point where only the idiots who contributed nothing were left.

Apart from Wilf who played a near perfect game and should have won.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Her theory made me like Wilf... Must be incredibly frustrating to be playing a decent traitor game only for some ridiculous brain-dead theory to be the thing that might rumble you.

Wilf deserved the win easily, he just played the whole Kieran situation totally wrong. Just need to use their numbers power right until the end.
Kieran really behaved in a way that went against the spirit of the game. It hardly seems fair that he can just flat out tell the others Wilf is the traitor as he’s leaving. Yeah he feels shit to be used in the way Wilf used him but that was all in the name of the game, what Kieran did was just spiteful bitterness that had nothing to do with game play. I saw bits of the US one and the people who ended being back stabbed by fellow traitors just took it in the chin and chalked it up to ‘the game is the game’.

sebsheep

I'm not having these positive comments about nervous Wilf.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

Yeah, it was a brilliant piece of TV to be fair — the dumbest theory ever pointing to the right guy by coincidence, forcing him to act and defend against undefendable (how can you argue against something that completely defies logic?).

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Kieran really behaved in a way that went against the spirit of the game. It hardly seems fair that he can just flat out tell the others Wilf is the traitor as he’s leaving. Yeah he feels shit to be used in the way Wilf used him but that was all in the name of the game, what Kieran did was just spiteful bitterness that had nothing to do with game play. I saw bits of the US one and the people who ended being back stabbed by fellow traitors just took it in the chin and chalked it up to ‘the game is the game’.
Oh yeah, that was clearly game breaking. Wilf basically had the whole thing won fair and square at that point.

I do think they should have made it so whoever won wins the pot for their whole team. Though that probably stacks out way too favourably for the Traitors (who had the advantage throughout anyway I feel)

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
The US and Aus versions turned out better. More satisfying result at the end and better gameplay by the contestants. The UK version was just frustrating to watch.

Glorio

Just watched the US version, and it turned out very good.

Have to admit, they had very similar characters to the UK one