Television The Traitors (BBC) | If you've not watched it all, beware if you enter this thread as a bunch are talking without using spoilers

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Delighted to see Paul go, couldn't stand the look of him. Harry needs to make sure he doesn't get too cocky and he has a good chance. He gave away a bit too much at the round table, knowing about the dungeon plans and a bit more, and even did exactly what he accused Paul of doing (i.e. being the one to bury a traitor). But I can't see the faithful picking up on all that quick enough.

Overall it's a good show, but really has a lot of problems that make it ridiculous and not at all a fair game. The traitors should win together for a start.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Delighted to see Paul go, couldn't stand the look of him. Harry needs to make sure he doesn't get too cocky and he has a good chance. He gave away a bit too much at the round table, knowing about the dungeon plans and a bit more, and even did exactly what he accused Paul of doing (i.e. being the one to bury a traitor). But I can't see the faithful picking up on all that quick enough.

Overall it's a good show, but really has a lot of problems that make it ridiculous and not at all a fair game. The traitors should win together for a start.
Eh? Elaborate.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
No shield on him tonight....
Good point! Though this fact will be completely lost on the dear Faithfuls. Harry's played a really fantastic game and arguably been the best traitor in the UK (I don't watch the other series). He thinks he is completely solid and for the most part he is does have a couple of chinks in his armour:
1. Knowing so much detail about the dungeon, half expected him to say he was stood next Paul there.
2. If Jaz remembers that Paul practically dobbed Harry in a couple of episodes back

FlawlessThaw

I can see why they do it but it’s silly. If you get to the final as a faithful you can basically guarantee one of the people left is a traitor.
I imagine you have to right otherwise the show could end in theory quite early on. Obviously if we are left with Andrew being the only traitor left then it's a godawful ending

Wicked_Badger

Good point! Though this fact will be completely lost on the dear Faithfuls. Harry's played a really fantastic game and arguably been the best traitor in the UK (I don't watch the other series). He thinks he is completely solid and for the most part he is does have a couple of chinks in his armour:
1. Knowing so much detail about the dungeon, half expected him to say he was stood next Paul there.
2. If Jaz remembers that Paul practically dobbed Harry in a couple of episodes back

Pretty sure Jaz will remember that - he did a piece to camera questioning it. Think tonight will have only confirmed his suspicions. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him start to drop the Harry is a traitor hints in an episode or two, similar to what he did with Paul

FlawlessThaw

Pretty sure Jaz will remember that - he did a piece to camera questioning it. Think tonight will have only confirmed his suspicions. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him start to drop the Harry is a traitor hints in an episode or two, similar to what he did with Paul
That is assuming Jaz isn't murdered as he would be the logical choice from Harry's point of view

Yagami

Good post resistant
That was a good episode but I think it will lead to maybe my most hated one because I think Zack and Jaz are both goners next. Zack is a logical kill because he's one of the two faithful with a brain, and his kill won't lead back to Harry or Andrew like it would have with Paul. Then, using his newfound hero status, Harry will support Andrew in banishing Jaz at the roundtable. It's going to suuuuuuck to watch.

Jazz is daft but they're fools for even considering him for those reasons. Ash and Miles were clearly getting voted so he had no reason to vote away from them.

Think Harry said far too much about the dungeon plan. Someone should catch on to that. Recruiting Andrew was a mistake as well.
Dude, I thought it was over for Jaz. When he said to Molly and Charlie about not speaking up and everyone went at him for deflecting, I was resigned to defeat.

Even Zack was like "I don't wanna vote for you but you're making this hard" to Jaz and I was gutted because, like I've said, I want them to team up :lol:

I hope you're right about Harry and mentioning too much about the dungeon fiasco.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
That was a good episode but I think it will lead to maybe my most hated one because I think Zack and Jaz are both goners next. Zack is a logical kill because he's one of the two faithful with a brain, and his kill won't lead back to Harry or Andrew like it would have with Paul. Then, using his newfound hero status, Harry will support Andrew in banishing Jaz at the roundtable. It's going to suuuuuuck to watch.

Dude, I thought it was over for Jaz. When he said to Molly and Charlie about not speaking up and everyone went at him for deflecting, I was resigned to defeat.

Even Zack was like "I don't wanna vote for you but you're making this hard" to Jaz and I was gutted because, like I've said, I want them to team up :lol:

I hope you're right about Harry and mentioning too much about the dungeon fiasco.
There are so many times someone says something at the table and gets flack for it, and I’m sitting there being like “but they’re right!”. Jaz calling out Mollie and Evie for suspecting Paul in the car but being too scared to say it at the table was dead on. When it starts getting to the later game scenario you usually cannot rely on certain people left to give you numbers because they say one thing during the day but then get swayed by the wind at the table. It happened in the Aus one constantly.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Paul's problem was he tried too hard to prove he wasn't a traitor. Putting himself in the dungeon and then playing hero with Miles was stupid as it showed he should be killed.

FlawlessThaw

Choosing Andrew as a recruit :lol:
Yeah a really bad choice, makes sense for Harry but for us viewers it's created a poor viewing situation long term. Having said that I could see him win it all though!

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I don't know why Andrew accepted though? It's like he didn't know that if he said no he wouldn't be murdered.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I don't know why Andrew accepted though? It's like he didn't know that if he said no he wouldn't be murdered.
He thought he would be killed for some reason whilst also having the concurrent thought that they're only recruiting him because he's under suspicion. So I think it's one or the other if he actually took the time to think about it. He has to remain around long enough to tell the story of his scar though.

Massive Spanner

He thought he would be killed for some reason whilst also having the concurrent thought that they're only recruiting him because he's under suspicion. So I think it's one or the other if he actually took the time to think about it. He has to remain around long enough to tell the story of his scar though.
I never noticed the fecking scar until my wife pointed it out yesterday and now I can’t unsee it. Until then I just thought he always looked exasperated :nervous:

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Car accident, he was even pronounced dead before coming back and being in a coma for 5 weeks. Parents got told if he woke up he'd never walk again.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I do believe that he simply struggled to imagine what would’ve happened if he had declined and went with the more comprehensible option. You can see his brain going into overdrive already as he went on to have breakfast as the newly-turned traitor, the lad simply doesn’t have mental capacity required for the game.

Yagami

Good post resistant
On the Andrew stuff, I'm sure he's going off last season where someone rejected the invite and got killed for it. Wilf was even talking about it on uncloaked.

There are so many times someone says something at the table and gets flack for it, and I’m sitting there being like “but they’re right!”. Jaz calling out Mollie and Evie for suspecting Paul in the car but being too scared to say it at the table was dead on. When it starts getting to the later game scenario you usually cannot rely on certain people left to give you numbers because they say one thing during the day but then get swayed by the wind at the table. It happened in the Aus one constantly.
I was glad Jaz said it because too many of them want to coast to the final and it nearly cost a good player in Jaz himself. Before he brought them up, they were more than happy to let Jaz be piled on. Though, to be fair to Molly, she did say something about Paul, too.

I'm not looking forward to tonight's episode :lol:

Massive Spanner

Thinking back, it's funny how little we actually see. Last night Charlotte was talking as if she was generally one of the more vocal contributors at round tables yet up until now we've barely seen a peep from her, I kinda wish they'd just release the full round tables standalone for people who really want to watch them :D

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
They had a free hit for murdering for me tonight, Jazz and Ross are on the chopping block - Jazz with all his suspicion and Ross looks like he's been recruited and they're both at each other - so if they murdered one of them, doesn't matter which, they get the other. Doesn't then make sense to me to go for someone else but they've considered them instead

Dan

Jaz gone back to that conversation with Paul and now suggesting Harry.

BD

Jaz is great

Jasmine is a dose

BD

I don't know why they always expect eachother to say if they got the shield? Surely it's best to keep quiet and hope the traitors miss a kill that way. And now Harry not saying he had it could well come back to kill him, even though it's the correct faithful play.

Edit: Nevermind, he seems to have an idea to use it for his own good.

PoTMS

Jaz is too good for the Faithfuls. The rest of them are a bunch of fecking dimwits. Harry, just recruit him already and split the money!

ZupZup

Harry really is starting to get a bit careless now. A faithful wouldn’t be so trusting as to tell Zach and Jaz he has a shield if he really wanted to carry out a plan where he gets murdered by the Traitors but has protection.

He wouldn’t be sure that neither are traitors if he was really a faithful

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Harry really is starting to get a bit careless now. A faithful wouldn’t be so trusting as to tell Zach and Jaz he has a shield if he really wanted to carry out a plan where he gets murdered by the Traitors but has protection.

He wouldn’t be sure that neither are traitors if he was really a faithful
Yeah he should’ve kept it to himself and revealed at breakfast. It’s all starting to go to his head.

Ross is seeking that vengeance :lol:

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Jaz or Harry need to win this for this season to be satisfying. If clueless Ross ends up being the reason for Harry not winning it'll be a massive damp squib.

CallyRed

Yeah he should’ve kept it to himself and revealed at breakfast. It’s all starting to go to his head.

Ross is seeking that vengeance :lol:
Think it's an excellent twist with that recruitment. Bet the producers loved that pick.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I feel like Harry needs to go low key for a while now if he’s going to avoid being the next one to be banished. The same happened with Paul, being “the hero’” goes to their head and they end up going too far and talking themselves into being banished. It needs short bursts of action and then a couple of days of going under the radar where he doesn't say or do very much

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Mollie: "I'm really surprised they didn't kill you Harry, you would be the obvious pick.

Also Mollie: "I really trust Harry"

This lot are useless :lol:

Fully Fledged

Mollie: "I'm really surprised they didn't kill you Harry, you would be the obvious pick.

That's the type a good traitor will leave in the game. Anybody who is obviously clued in either needs to be recruited or removed.

Ross saying he needs to get revenge for his mum needs to grow up. It's a game FFS don't take it personally.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’d advise anyone who hasn’t seen it to watch the scene in Uncloaked on iPlayer where Anthony finds out who the traitors are. His reactions are amazing :lol:

FlawlessThaw

She's virtually guaranteed herself a spot in the final in fairness. Frustrating as hell but Harry won't get rid of her. Tomorrow he will claim the traitors tried to kill him but failed.

LordSpud

Harry's biggest mistake so far was choosing Ross. Ross was in the convo with Jaz where Jaz was putting out his theory that Harry was the traitor (the conversation with Paul) which they all shot down.

Now Ross KNOWS that to be true and will put it about that there could be truth to it to get the revenge for Diane.

Also helps Ross's case when Harry inevitably brings up at breakfast that he had the shield. Think Harry MIGHT make the final but don't think he can win now. Reckon Ross and Andrew team up.

Glorio

That's the type a good traitor will leave in the game. Anybody who is obviously clued in either needs to be recruited or removed.

Ross saying he needs to get revenge for his mum needs to grow up. It's a game FFS don't take it personally.
If they just said it, he may have been fine, but Harry's snarky comment about putting her in her place must have grated.
I don't care who you are, some little kid smugly declaring he needed to put your mum in her place will annoy you. He hasn't decided to tank the game, he's just decided to do it with revenge on his mind.

Glorio

Oh ... and I don't like toads at all, I think I'd rather deal with non-poisonous snakes

PoTMS

Harry's biggest mistake so far was choosing Ross. Ross was in the convo with Jaz where Jaz was putting out his theory that Harry was the traitor (the conversation with Paul) which they all shot down.

Now Ross KNOWS that to be true and will put it about that there could be truth to it to get the revenge for Diane.

Also helps Ross's case when Harry inevitably brings up at breakfast that he had the shield. Think Harry MIGHT make the final but don't think he can win now. Reckon Ross and Andrew team up.
It wasn't Ross he told. He told Evie and Zack.