Television The Traitors (BBC) | If you've not watched it all, beware if you enter this thread as a bunch are talking without using spoilers

Flamingo Purple

The wrong skeptic
Was very disappointed with Jaz at the last round table. There was so much more he could've added to that Harry suspicion discussion that didn't get brought up.
Even without the extra stuff, he just let the weak defence by Harry go unchallenged. Paul used the exact same wording that he'd used to Harry. Push him on it.
True but it really didn’t help Jaz that for some reason the last votes they weren’t allowed any discussion.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
True but it really didn’t help Jaz that for some reason the last votes they weren’t allowed any discussion.
Yeah, that little bit where they ask you why you made your choice isn't really enough time to say much.

ZupZup

The only reason he'd do that is if he thought Jaz would also choose to continue. I don't think he believed they thought another traitor existed. If he ends up being the only one not to end the game then he risks needlessly losing everything. Everyone goes green and he wins without the risk.
I don’t see it that way. Why would Harry going red with just the three of them left risk losing it? Given the relationship he had with Mollie, it was a given that they would both vote off Jaz in that situation. I mean, she voted off Jaz even with Harry going green and Jaz going red.

Clearly Harry did think they would all go green, but they didn’t… and that was close to costing him. Mollie literally had to erase his name.

LARulz

Watching the Aussie second season. I hope that the British show doesn't go down the road of adding celebs.
The AUS one was apparently shit to the point it's cancelled

The US one has celebs but they've done it right by getting good ones who know how to play a game. None of them need the money so it's all for fun and gets personal

Just a shame Alan Cumming is a shit host

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Jaz just got unlucky. If it had been say Zack in Mollie's position he'd have figured out that only a faithful would choose to continue playing, as a traitor has nothing to gain by playing on, and sided with Jaz to split the pot. Stupid woman.

Not sure what happens if it had been 2-2 on the Andrew vote, presume they would just offer them the chance to discuss and vote again.
It's not really luck that it was Mollie left there and not Zack (or any other more critically-thinking contenders) though? Mollie got that far because Harry knew that he could manipulate her... which he did.

Reiver

The AUS one was apparently shit to the point it's cancelled

The US one has celebs but they've done it right by getting good ones who know how to play a game. None of them need the money so it's all for fun and gets personal

Just a shame Alan Cumming is a shit host
That's a shame. I thought the first series of the Aussie Traitors was the best of all them.
UK second series has now definitely taken that crown.

sebsheep

I don’t see it that way. Why would Harry going red with just the three of them left risk losing it? Given the relationship he had with Mollie, it was a given that they would both vote off Jaz in that situation. I mean, she voted off Jaz even with Harry going green and Jaz going red.

Clearly Harry did think they would all go green, but they didn’t… and that was close to costing him. Mollie literally had to erase his name.

He's just been called out by Andrew, who turned out to be a traitor and traitor going for traitor has been a big theme throughout. His biggest enemy becomes time, he needs the game to end as fast as possible so that the other two can't have the chance to piece it together. If he ends up being the only one to choose to continue then he gives Mollie that time to absorb it and that's too risky because he knows Jaz is going to vote for him in that situation. She didn't just put his name down because Jaz had chosen to vote again, Andrew's actions made her doubt Harry. In the end she chose her friend, but that's a big risk for him take.
There were 5 traitors banished at that point, a lot of people wouldn't consider there would be 6 (and really there shouldn't have been, but that's a different matter).

LARulz

That's a shame. I thought the first series of the Aussie Traitors was the best of all them.
UK second series has now definitely taken that crown.
I think it was to do with ratings. I don't know but I remember reading somewhere it was on a shit network who put it up against other big things but not sure if that's true

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Page 1 is UK series 1 with no celebrities. Guessing you watched the American version with celebs on.

Original: De Verraders (Netherlands, 3 seasons)

International versions:
Australia - 2 seasons
Belgium (Dutch) - 2 seasons
Belgium (French) - 2 seasons
Canada (English) - 1 season
Denmark - 1 season
Finland - 1 season
France - 2 seasons
Germany - 1 season
Greece - 1 season
Hungary - 1 season
New Zealand - 1 season
Norway - 3 season
Portugal - 1 season
Russia - 1 season
Spain - 1 season
Sweden - 1 season
United Kingdom - 2 seasons
United States - 2 seasons

The US one has the same location and missions as the UK version so if you've watched the US version, the UK version will probably be boring to you.
Boring? Surely not? We did watch the US version and I'm getting the UK and AUS editions too (all S01s)

Which one is the best for those who've watched them all?

United Hobbit

Is it worth watching either of the Australian ones? I hated the US one as they were all so annoying and didn't like that they weren't normal people with normal jobs. I didn't care about any of them.

The amount of crying over Harry is ridiculous, apparently he may have "won" 95k but has harmed his future job prospects and they wouldn't employ him :lol: it's a GAME!!!! Also he was one of the strongest team players in the missions

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Is it worth watching either of the Australian ones? I hated the US one as they were all so annoying and didn't like that they weren't normal people with normal jobs. I didn't care about any of them.

The amount of crying over Harry is ridiculous, apparently he may have "won" 95k but has harmed his future job prospects and they wouldn't employ him :lol: it's a GAME!!!! Also he was one of the strongest team players in the missions
The first series of the Aussie one is definitely really good. The second series I gave up on cause they introduced Z list celebs.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
To be honest, for such a successful show, and by all accounts, a rather stressful slog, £100k doesn't feel like much with the current cost of living.

The way they big it up is a bit OTT - "What will a 21 year old do with £95K?!" Don't get me wrong, it is a difference maker, but not by a huge amount
This is bizarre. It's £100k for two weeks' work.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I was thinking there should be a bigger overall prize and maybe it reaches a point where every faithful from then on wins a portion relative to how far they progressed if the faithful win. Same for the traitors. So they could potentially agree to be thrown under the bus in order to benefit the traitor team long term.

The producers would never do that though. The backstabbing and winner takes all thing is too alluring for TV.
Yeah, I was thinking something along the lines of if any faithful win, they all do, so there'd be less of a popularity vote and getting rid of people you actually think could be a faithful like with Anthony this year, but it'd be too much to let them all win so a cut off point would be for the best. I just don't know if implementing something like that would improve things in terms of teamwork and everyone getting stuck in rather than some trying to blend into the background.

Other things would be less recruitments. Like, the traitors have the opportunity to recruit one person throughout the series at any point rather than every time one gets caught. Better ways of the better players being able to defend themselves from murder. Maybe discovering/winning the odd clue about the traitors identity because, nine times out of ten, the traitors usually only get discovered after they've been thrown under the bus by fellow traitors rather than through good play from the faithfuls.
I'd argue that Mollie and other contestants like her contribute plenty to the show. Unfortunately it's not for their own side. They're the pawns that are essential for the traitors to progress.
As a pawn though, your main job is to question your own progression, and that's where Mollie failed at the end.
That's fair but, even as a pawn, I think you should offer more to the show and your fellow teammates.

Like, the girl who won last year was a total pawn for Wilf, and a terrible player in general, but she always spoke her mind, put her opinions across at the roundtable and generally contributed. Mollie really didn't do anything.

United Hobbit

The first series of the Aussie one is definitely really good. The second series I gave up on cause they introduced Z list celebs.
Thanks will certainly give season 1 a go, why do they insist on using z list celebrities?! It's another reason I like the UK one so much, because it's just normal people with normal jobs

It would be really interesting if when they've had enough seasons of the UK one to do one with the best faithfuls and best Traitors as they will be more astute than the majority of faithfuls seem to be

It would be interesting to see a season where you don't know who the Traitors are although part of the excitement is knowing who they are and seeing them scheming and working out who to murder along with them

Yagami

Good post resistant
Watching the Aussie second season. I hope that the British show doesn't go down the road of adding celebs.
Hey, don't you dare discredit one of Britain's finest actresses that contributed heavily towards the first series!

sebsheep

I don't think the Aus s2 suffered much from the celebrities tbh. The series is pretty crazy though :lol:

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Yeah, I was thinking something along the lines of if any faithful win, they all do, so there'd be less of a popularity vote and getting rid of people you actually think could be a faithful like with Anthony this year, but it'd be too much to let them all win so a cut off point would be for the best. I just don't know if implementing something like that would improve things in terms of teamwork and everyone getting stuck in rather than some trying to blend into the background.

Other things would be less recruitments. Like, the traitors have the opportunity to recruit one person throughout the series at any point rather than every time one gets caught. Better ways of the better players being able to defend themselves from murder. Maybe discovering/winning the odd clue about the traitors identity because, nine times out of ten, the traitors usually only get discovered after they've been thrown under the bus by fellow traitors rather than through good play from the faithfuls.

That's fair but, even as a pawn, I think you should offer more to the show and your fellow teammates.

Like, the girl who won last year was a total pawn for Wilf, and a terrible player in general, but she always spoke her mind, put her opinions across at the roundtable and generally contributed. Mollie really didn't do anything.
Oh, I totally agree she played poorly, but her progression through the game despite everyone being convinced she's a faithful and therefore never being up for banishment should have been a massive clue to the others.
Everyone, not just Mollie, should have been asking why Mollie was still there.

United Hobbit

Yes I'm surprised Mollie never came up for questioning, she could for all they know have been playing an incredible game completely flying right under the radar, an alliance with the most popular player

You can trust no one, at least ask questions of her

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Aus Season 2 is absolutely worth sticking with despite the z-list celebs. It’s a journey for sure.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Boring? Surely not? We did watch the US version and I'm getting the UK and AUS editions too (all S01s)

Which one is the best for those who've watched them all?
Boring in the sense it might seem repetitive, no surprise with task but I've only watched the UK version so for all I know it could be engaging watching the same tasks again approached differently.

For me the UK one is great and worth a full watch.

TheReligion

Abusive
Felt sorry for Mollie but she didn’t deserve to win based on the game itself.

Harry or Jaz would have been worthy winners so no complaints.

galwayfa

Not sure was it esp 7 and 8 or 8 and 9, the ones with coffins and before unbelievable tv, best i have ever seen

United Hobbit

Just watching the first episode of Australian Traitors series 1, potentially some very intriguing people so already hooked!

One of them is driving me mad though and needs banishing!

Bert_

To be honest, for such a successful show, and by all accounts, a rather stressful slog, £100k doesn't feel like much with the current cost of living.

The way they big it up is a bit OTT - "What will a 21 year old do with £95K?!" Don't get me wrong, it is a difference maker, but not by a huge amount
£95,000 tax free for spending a two week holiday playing a game? Think he's an Army Corporal so thats at least 3 to 4 times his annual take home salary. Hopefully that should cover the increase in his leccy bill.

Woodzy

Haven’t caught up with this yet, but I’m just coming here to say Charlotte is incredible.

buchansleftleg

There's some pretty nasty comments on here about Molly and I think some are being very unfair. She's very young and has had to deal with a lot in her life so far, that means she's not as "worldly wise" as others too.

To be fair she almost realised that Harry could be a traitor, but went with her instincts that Jaz wasn't as trustworthy. I think Harry was silly to have ignored her suspicion of both Andrew AND Jaz and should have targetted them first before removing Evie. He should have worked with Andrew and Molly to "save" Evie and vote jaz out - Then "realised" once he was announced as faithful - maybe Jaz was right about Andrew - then it's a simpler matter end the show with Moly, Evie and him.

Harry was lucky in the end that Jaz didn't have time to make more impact in his concerns and rattle Molly's confidence in him more

Glorio

There's some pretty nasty comments on here about Molly and I think some are being very unfair. She's very young and has had to deal with a lot in her life so far, that means she's not as "worldly wise" as others too.

To be fair she almost realised that Harry could be a traitor, but went with her instincts that Jaz wasn't as trustworthy. I think Harry was silly to have ignored her suspicion of both Andrew AND Jaz and should have targetted them first before removing Evie. He should have worked with Andrew and Molly to "save" Evie and vote jaz out - Then "realised" once he was announced as faithful - maybe Jaz was right about Andrew - then it's a simpler matter end the show with Moly, Evie and him.

Harry was lucky in the end that Jaz didn't have time to make more impact in his concerns and rattle Molly's confidence in him more
I think he rattled Mollie's confidence enough, and she knew deep down Harry was a traitor, but couldn't bring herself to leave his name on the slate (that's ridiculous whichever way we paint it). She admitted it herself on Uncloaked.

sebsheep

Indeed, anything further than daft is unnecessary. Which is something you'd say about pretty much every faithful in every series I've seen.

Glorio

£95,000 tax free for spending a two week holiday playing a game? Think he's an Army Corporal so thats at least 3 to 4 times his annual take home salary. Hopefully that should cover the increase in his leccy bill.
You're right in that £95K is no joke I suppose, but I do feel the show (given it's reach and impact) could give them a bigger pay off.

Harry though, what a poster boy for the army

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Oh Mollie. So bad. She simply didn't think it through in the finale. Young silly love in a game show about betrayal. :lol:

She didn't deserve to win, feel for Jaz as he played brilliantly, perhaps choked a little bit at the end but they may have edited out more of the arguments.

I hope people learn from these two seasons. Nobody should be safe, question everyone. Harry glided through that game with complete ease.

gaffs

During the final 4, then 3, they didnt seem to be allowed to discuss their thought process.

This made a massive difference, i feel, because Jaz didnt get the chance to explain to Mollie why he was voting for Harry. Andrew made it very obvious that Harry was a traitor by suddenly turning on him. Jaz knew this, but Mollie just couldn't work it out.

Also the fact that Jaz would not have chosen to end the game if he and Harry were traitors because surely if he was a traitor, he would have know that Mollie would have backed Harry over him. If Jaz was the only traitor, then he would have chosen to end the game, as Harry did.

Mollie, very sweet girl, but not the sharpest tool, needed this explaining to her and that didnt happen because of the way the rules were set this year.

I think though after season one, where Kieran, out of spite, ousted Wilf to the faithful, i dont think BBC wanted to risk that again.

gaffs

She was blinded by her infatuation towards Harry.

Harry probably didn't even tell her he had a girlfriend.

He played her like a two bob fiddle.