Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What is he like in the air usually? He seems a bit on the short side for a centrehalf but then wiki has him down as 6'3'' which surprises me a bit. Maybe he just looks short cos he's so wide
No chance is he that tall, that'll put him up there with Smalling. I think he's more 6-6'1 at best. Still though as Blind has shown, it's all about reading and positioning.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
We could use some physical superiority in midfield. Could he take the role of United's Makalele or start developing him as a long term defender in cooperation with Smalling ? Perhaps would be better to go for more established youngsters in that role like Stones, Laporte or Marquinhos but Mensah can already do a lot on the pitch... seems way more aggressive than Darmian, too.

Feck knows what's his best role as LvG seems to complicate things sometimes.

Mike09

He reminds me of Alaba. Similar face and versatility (full back, midfield and centre back). Alaba was originally a midfield and converted as a left back at Bayern but since Guardiola came, Alaba has been playing first team in left back, midfield and centre back. I can see a similarity between Alaba and Mensah. Mensah is just natural brain talent for a footballer and with additional of physical and technical gift he has, he will be a top player. I don't think midfield is his #1 position as I think his passing is still not good enough for top team level but that doesn't mean he can't improve that aspect so he might can prove me wrong for this one. Right back and centre back he looked very good and ironic that we actually need right back, centre back and another centre mid as well. I can see Mensah will be used as a first team starting eleven anytime soon but playing everywhere like Alaba.

Loublaze

ATLien
Just imagine having him and Renato Sanches developing together and building a formidable midfield for seasons to come!

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
He's a promising young player no doubt but he needs to cut out all this Panama tax evasion nonsense.

jb8521

Look at the final frames of that video. He's a good 3 or 4 inches taller than Martial, who is himself 5' 11". I think he's about 6' 3".
I met him a while back and he wasn't much taller than me and I'm 5'11" I'd say he's 6'1" at the most

Dante

Average bang
I met him a while back and he wasn't much taller than me and I'm 5'11" I'd say he's 6'1" at the most
An 18 year old you met 'a while back' is likely to have grown in the meantime. He's more than 2 inches taller than Martial.

jb8521

An 18 year old you met 'a while back' is likely to have grown in the meantime. He's more than 2 inches taller than Martial.
Yeah I'm sure he's grown a huge amount since I met him a month ago. Here's a picture from yesterday

Last edited:

Dante

Average bang
Yeah I'm sure he's grown a huge amount since I met him a month ago. Here's a picture from yesterday
That's clearly a misrepresentative picture if you watch the last few seconds of the youtube clip. When they hug, TFM is noticeably taller.

Fer

Just imagine having him and Renato Sanches developing together and building a formidable midfield for seasons to come!
If Mourinho is our next manager, I hope he gives opportunities for younger players.

I can see Fosu-Mensah and Renato Sanches having a good partnership if they fulfill their potential. Add a creative midfielder with a front of 3 of Martial-Kane-Dembele and we would have a great team for years.

jb8521

That's clearly a misrepresentative picture if you watch the last few seconds of the youtube clip. When they hug, TFM is noticeably taller.
Are these misrepresentations as well? He's not 6'3" he just comes closer to the camera than Martial at the very end of the video. When they shake hands at first there isn't much difference in height

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
You're right to argue with jb about this. He generally knows nothing about our youth prospects.........................

Sparky Rhiwabon

Can you please set up a new thread for the height debate - no mega threads remember - this is just for his performances. Thanks

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
But can he hit the heights that his fellow compatriot Daley Blind has at United so far? A tall order.
If Jose could reach a bus by standing on defensive pillar made of Cahill & Terry there's a real chance Mensah will outstretch his vertically rising abilities of a cross/shot stopper to Blind's level who by the way still must rise above his midfield education and constantly add to his defensive growth.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think it's fair to assume he isn't 6'3 anyway :lol:

Carrick is definitely taller and he is 6'2.

acnumber9

He's clearly got no idea where he's supposed to be at full back. Time and time again Mata is having to cover the danger on the right.

Sigma

He's clearly got no idea where he's supposed to be at full back. Time and time again Mata is having to cover the danger on the right.
Yep good player, great potential, but I'd rather him central.

Skills

Snitch
Finally a proper fecking defender coming through the youth system.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I think this. Positionally all over the place but entertaining to watch.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Would agree with this. Looks good and confident on the ball though.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Been saying for ages he's gonna make the perfect Vida to Smallings Rio. Loves diving into a tackle, in a good way. Actually tidy enough on the ball too.

My only worry for him that his physical excellence, competent technique and versatility will see a Jones like situation occur where he's constantly moving from LB to CB to RB to DM.

Skills

Snitch
I think this. Positionally all over the place but entertaining to watch.
That's easy enough to teach with time and experience tbf. That pace, power and tackling though is incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.