Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I do like what I see from him, but at the same time I can't help but feel that many on the forum are going overboard about him (overboard about his actual performances, not his potential). His game today was much like it has been in most of his appearances - a few very good things, a few things that were a bit sloppy and perhaps could have hurt us on another day. While I hope he'll go on to be the beast that he has the potential to be, I think people are getting ahead of themselves atm. For instance, if he were fit I'd still feel more comfortable with CBJ.

Of course on the other side of the coin, I'd have no problem with him being picked ahead of Valencia at right back, and maybe even Rojo and Darmian.

Devil may care

He just has an air of quality about him, liike I said about Dembele last night, despite the age he has no shortage of belief that he belongs at this level. His assist was good and he was even better at CB where his reading of the game and timing were very impressive for such a young player.

Edit* Needs to get his boots sorted out, he slipped over 3 or 4 times.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Layers of potential under already developed youngster from almost every standpoint with just insane physicality for a teenager. Everton was almost bullied today when he came on... using their own method against them is the right thing to do.

Mourinho will certainly know how to sharpen that blade.

JoaquinJoaquin

I do like what I see from him, but at the same time I can't help but feel that many on the forum are going overboard about him (overboard about his actual performances, not his potential). His game today was much like it has been in most of his appearances - a few very good things, a few things that were a bit sloppy and perhaps could have hurt us on another day. While I hope he'll go on to be the beast that he has the potential to be, I think people are getting ahead of themselves atm. For instance, if he were fit I'd still feel more comfortable with CBJ.

Of course on the other side of the coin, I'd have no problem with him being picked ahead of Valencia at right back, and maybe even Rojo and Darmian.
I feel people have the right to be excited about this guy, I certainly am. I think he has all the attributes to be an excellent player in multiple positions.

I really want him to have a chance in the defensive midfield role at some point, but for now I'm happy with him getting the experience in defence.

Mani

I think that's the plan. Possibly get 2 ball playing CB's have Fosu mensah guarding them. The 352 in defence and 433 in attack.
Played at left back,right back and MF,impressed with his defensive side of the game,his run to the box for an assist was best I've seen from our RB this season.
Since i had not seen much of his youth/reserve matches i'm not sure how his creative side of game from MF,but he look like well all round player to me, got great future ahead of him.He need more playing time,with our injury trouble at back we might see more of him at that back line from now to end of the season,if at we are lucky then yes manager need to try him at MF.

Bwuk

If Blind has done his hammy I have zero issues with him playing at CB in his absence.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
Played at left back,right back and MF,impressed with his defensive side of the game,his run to the box for an assist was best I've seen from our RB this season.
Since i had not seen much of his youth/reserve matches i'm not sure how his creative side of game from MF,but he look like well all round player to me, got great future ahead of him.He need more playing time,with our injury trouble at back we might see more of him at that back line from now to end of the season,if at we are lucky then yes manager need to try him at MF.
I personally think that we don't need midfielders that pass. If we play compact enough - our CB's can do the passes Carrick does with ease.

Get high energy box to box midfielders who carry the ball forward and let Fosu mensah drift in an out of defence and attack.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I really like what I've seen of him so far. Seems quite good on the ball, quick, strong and a good tackler. His balance and composure look like they could improve but that's to be expected. Looks like a big talent.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Looking seriously impressive. Has the build and ability on the ball to be an excellent center back as well. Hopefully he keeps developing like this and avoids injuries, as even if Mourinho comes, he'd surely utilize him for his versatility like he used Zouma kind of.

rooney2009

I like very much.....He is going to be a solid player,i'm more excited about him than Rashford

LouisDanGaal

Absolutely no worries with him on the pitch, most young players even when they are having a good game you think could mess up or lose their head. With him he just obviously is a top flight footballer, no doubts.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Timothy Fosu Immensah

Tarrou

If he played in Portugal we'd be lining up 40 million bids for this kid!

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
What's his best (or future) position then? He's played all across the back four for the 1st team so far, and he's played in the centre of midfield for the U18s/U21s. He hasn't looked uncomfortable in any of them either. Looked a natural at RB today, and equally at home when he moved into the middle. Would quite like to see him as a defensive midfielder for the first team to see what he can do, especially with Carrick looking shot and Schweinsteiger injured.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He has more time to select a pass at CB so I think that's where he should play as I don't think that's a strength for now. In the future only God knows. Very impressed today though both at full back and centre half. Been a long time since we've had such a composed bunch of kids coming through.

Crashoutcassius

One of the big reasons I just don't want mourinho at this club. Will be so hard to say goodbye to this talent. I really think he could go on to be as highly thought of as pogba. Don't care who we get but don't want to see the young players progress interrupted

Devil may care

One of the big reasons I just don't want mourinho at this club. Will be so hard to say goodbye to this talent. I really think he could go on to be as highly thought of as pogba. Don't care who we get but don't want to see the young players progress interrupted
He's a huge lad with great athleticism and technical ability as well, Mourinho wouldn't treat him any differently to how he treat Zouma.

m1y2

What's his best (or future) position then? He's played all across the back four for the 1st team so far, and he's played in the centre of midfield for the U18s/U21s. He hasn't looked uncomfortable in any of them either. Looked a natural at RB today, and equally at home when he moved into the middle. Would quite like to see him as a defensive midfielder for the first team to see what he can do, especially with Carrick looking shot and Schweinsteiger injured.
that's a sign of a great player, don't really care where he plays now, he just needs to play so he can develop as quickly as possible, but judging by his attributes he will be best used as defensive minded box to box midfielder, I only mentioned defensive as he quite lacks some shooting ability but he doesn't seem out pf place with his vision and passing fro deeper so let's see, but midfield it is,can be our Kanté!

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
that's a sign of a great player, don't really care where he plays now, he just needs to play so he can develop as quickly as possible, but judging by his attributes he will be best used as defensive minded box to box midfielder, I only mentioned defensive as he quite lacks some shooting ability but he doesn't seem out pf place with his vision and passing fro deeper so let's see, but midfield it is,can be our Kanté!
You offer some serious weird opinions m1y2

Bwuk

I don't think he'll give an 18 year old centre back much game time unless he's already proven like varane or zouma but we'll see who is correct
Well he probably won't have much choice. I'd imagine he'll ship out Jones, and that'd possibly make TFM 4th choice cb.

Revan

Assumptionman
I like very much.....He is going to be a solid player,i'm more excited about him than Rashford
Seriously? TFM is excellent and I really think that he will make it here, but Rashford is a striker and he is arguably our most exciting player from our academy on GOd knows how long. He seems to enjoy himself while playing, and does things that you won't expect from a player that young.

Status
Not open for further replies.