Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
We have plenty of depth in midfield atm, doubt we'll see him play there for now.. The defense is where he's more likely to get some chances
Considering depth seems to be coming from youth - who exactly do we have? Carrick probably can't sustain another year there & Herrera-schneirdlin won't work all the time.

Schweinsteiger himself is old.

Fosu mensa guarding the defence (dropping in like cryuff total football) with another capable linear midfielder like satchel above him.

Sid234

I think it was the first time he played LB, he usually plays DM or CB and ocassionally RB.

For me he is the biggest prospect from this bunch of kids that got debuts lately, he's one of those players that every time you see him play you think he will make it.
He played at LB for the U-21's a few weeks back.. Was very good actually, I think Van Gaal was in the stands for that game. Might have been against Norwich, I think he scored a goal in that game as well

Sid234

Considering depth seems to be coming from youth - who exactly do we have? Carrick probably can't sustain another year there & Herrera-schneirdlin won't work all the time.

Schweinsteiger himself is old.

Fosu mensa guarding the defence (dropping in like cryuff total football) with another capable linear midfielder like satchel above him.
I'm talking about the remainder of the season.. If we bring in Mourinho next season, I'm leaning towards the probability that we won't see most of these kids pay for United again

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
I'm talking about the remainder of the season.. If we bring in Mourinho next season, I'm leaning towards the probability that we won't see most of these kids pay for United again
Well i hope we get a different mourinho or a different manager all together.

Kids beat & held of arsenal. Why would you come in an ruin that =/

Mister_Stubbs

He looks ready now, he is certainly a physical presence and in the middle of the pitch could be a main stay for us for a long time.

KjaAnd

One failed pass but that aside he looked great. Physically, he's ready for first team football and he showed real courage breaking up several passes.

Devil may care

He had one sucicide pass but other than that tackled well, read the movement of the forwards well and passed it well, very impressed. I was actually surprised when he came on instead of Riley who played well at LB on Thursday, but I guess LvG wanted his size in there.

JoaquinJoaquin

He says Pogba is his role model. Would love to have another player at the club in the same calibre.

FromTheBench

LVG brought him on ahead of Riley strangely at LB.

Seemed to me he wants to give debuts to as many youngsters as possible so he can have some sort of legacy. :p

Anyway did decently. But he isn't a LB at all.

m1y2

I think he will have the edge over Riley because of his physicality, I am 95% sure he will make it here, looks solid at every position he plays..

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Did not look comfortable at left back.. so will be interesting to see how well he does in a position where he is better suited to. Decent start though.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Mourinho would love him. Baby Essien he could be.

savais

That may not end up being his best position, but thats where he played at ajax/holland, if im not mistaken. I recall the first youtube clip of him after we got him and he was playing at leftback. I think he played mostly central defence at ajax though.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
That may not end up being his best position, but thats where he played at ajax/holland, if im not mistaken. I recall the first youtube clip of him after we got him and he was playing at leftback. I think he played mostly central defence at ajax though.
I think Khoazany said once that he usually plays fullback for the Netherlands, not sure if on the left or right. I think it'll be where he gets most of his early chances in the first team.

TheCorkman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
When I watched him playing for u18 (or u17's) for Holland he was the right hand CB in a 3 man defense. He's only played the last few games at u21 at full back as well. Looked very comfortable though, had a lovely bursting run through the middle at one point. Delighted for his debut. I'm kind of shocked RoShaun and Axel Tuanzebe haven't made their debuts yet, as I'd have fancied them to get played ahead of Riley, Weir and Poole. Arguably two of our best talents yet to play for us still.

FromTheBench

When I watched him playing for u18 (or u17's) for Holland he was the right hand CB in a 3 man defense. He's only played the last few games at u21 at full back as well. Looked very comfortable though, had a lovely bursting run through the middle at one point. Delighted for his debut. I'm kind of shocked RoShaun and Axel Tuanzebe haven't made their debuts yet, as I'd have fancied them to get played ahead of Riley, Weir and Poole. Arguably two of our best talents yet to play for us still.
Roshaun Williams is youngest of the lot by a bit though impressive.

Tuanzebe is injured or he would have almost certainly gotten his debut by now. He was the first one in the line.

savais

Have roshaun and alex played at fullback yet? I think thats the only reason the others got their chances before.

Norris

I think TFM is ahead of them at the moment in that position (if he's used there). Tuanzebe did get called to the bench a couple times. I think it's a little too early for Williams though. Maybe next season.

TheCorkman

I think TFM is ahead of them at the moment in that position (if he's used there). Tuanzebe did get called to the bench a couple times. I think it's a little too early for Williams though. Maybe next season.
Roshaun Williams is youngest of the lot by a bit though impressive.

Tuanzebe is injured or he would have almost certainly gotten his debut by now. He was the first one in the line.
Yeah true. All 3 of them are good tacklers, extremely quick and more than decent on the ball. It really could be a complete defense in a few years if all the boys progress smoothly.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo

Seemed to me he wants to give debuts to as many youngsters as possible so he can have some sort of legacy. :p

He would have a legacy just with martial & memphis anyway. I rekon he is finishing his job quickly incase it's his last season.

Norris

On his decision to play Tim Fosu-Mensah at left-back: “I was thinking for a long time that he could play better as a full-back. I said that to Warren [Joyce] and Warren has tried him out in the second team, and I think he did it very well. We have problems at the full-back positions and that is why. Then he came in against Arsenal and did fantastically. He didn’t make any mistake and that is fantastic.”

Trizy

Been dying for this lad to get first team action! Came on and did very well apart from that one pass. Our youth system suddenly doesn't look as shit as the media have being going on about.

wiz4231

Happy with that. Would now like to see Mensah and Jackson at FB, Smalling and Rojo at CB and give the likes of Blind and Varela a bit of rest for the Watford game.

Mensah....Smalling....Rojo....Jackson

That combo's a tank of a defence.

DWelbz19

Interesting that LvG seems him more as a long term fullback. Type of player who looks like he could succeed anywhere at the back really.

SirAF

Ageist
He did really well, I've been excited to see his debut for a long time now!

DWelbz19

He doesn't really say that. He says we have problems at full-back and that is why he wanted to see if he could play there and now he has.
The first part of the quote 'I was thinking for a long time that he could play better as a fullback' seems to give me that vibe.

wiz4231

Interesting that LvG seems him more as a long term fullback. Type of player who looks like he could succeed anywhere at the back really.
Yeah, he can play anywhere across the back line also #6. He can play all roles well. He's a solid footballer. Jackson is also a solid players, he can play CB and FB does both well. They are both young too with a great future ahead.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
The first part of the quote 'I was thinking for a long time that he could play better as a fullback' seems to give me that vibe.
That doesn't really mean long term though. I think it is more the long time hes been thinking about is the last few months where he told Joyce to play TFM at fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.