Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Of any of the youngsters introduced by LVG i think he's looks the most likely to become a first team regular. I never saw it with McNair for example when others on here raved about him. The right back spot is there for the taking.

Sigma

Aah, yeah then you are right. But most of our full backs have been woeful anyways. Even Borthwick-Jackson has been positionally very suspect and been beaten a few times in 1 v 1s.
To be honest you are right, he's still better than our more prominent full backs (Darmian and Rojo).

Sylar

An actual beast. I dont think hes done bad where ever hes been put, whether its out wide, CB, or even midfield. Could do with two or three more like him.

Mental that hes 18. Built like a tank.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
An actual beast. I dont think hes done bad where ever hes been put, whether its out wide, CB, or even midfield. Could do with two or three more like him.

He actually turned 17 about three months ago. It's fecking mental.

Sylar

Still, regardless of his age (18 lol), he looks such a smart player. He reminds me in someways of when Micah Richards broke in at City, but a smarter version in terms of his understanding and defending positions.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I don't remember such a tank playing at RB with such quality on the ball. It kind of looks wrong but it's also awesome at the same time.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Absolutely love the kid, for all my doubts about LVG I'm very happy he's given him a chance, and he's more than snatched it.

He's my first choice right back from now on.

LouisDanGaal

Yeah he doesn't understand the full back position well enough to have positioning sorted yet, as a midfielder or even centre back you can chase the ball as long as you have cover, at full back you leave your flank exposed. Against Watford though, the game he played CB his positioning was not an issue, he actually did phenomenally to anticipate every time Blind was going to mess up and covered for him, he will learn the position better if he keeps out wide. He just is a first team player though isn't he? a lot of these recent debut kids you know will be back with the under 21s in no time but I think he has already established himself, really is a special talent.

stevoc

Where has this kid been all season while we have been subjected to Darmian. Looks a real prospect.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Where has this kid been all season while we have been subjected to Darmian. Looks a real prospect.
He's been a 16 year old adjusting to life in a new country at a new club.

Riz

Where do we see him playing long term? For a guy with his physcial attributes, right back seems a bit of a waste. Guess can use it to build experience like we did with Smalling until there's a vacant spot at CB or even CM for him. Anyway what a talent he looks!

stevoc

He's been a 16 year old adjusting to life in a new country at a new club.
Is he a time traveler then?

He joined nearly two years ago at 16, he's 18 now so he's been 17 most of the season and been here for over a year. If he can play now he could play 3-4 months ago.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...

He joined nearly two years ago at 16, he's 18 now so he's been 17 most of the season and been here for over a year. If he can play now he could play 3-4 months ago.
He never played fullback in the u21/18s so van Gaal told him to play fullback in the u21s and after a few months of that, here we are.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
The main reason I want him to become a Defensive b2b is because of RoShaun Williams and Tuanzabe who will also be coming through in the next few years with Williams a nailed on first team star. It's very possible all 3 will go on to become excellent players at the club.

jb8521

He never played fullback in the u21/18s so van Gaal told him to play fullback in the u21s and after a few months of that, here we are.
Everyone knows how much LVG likes his players to have match sharpness so a lot of the young lads weren't by the fact that the u21s only played 6/7 matches before Christmas either

mav_9me

The main reason I want him to become a Defensive b2b is because of RoShaun Williams and Tuanzabe who will also be coming through in the next few years with Williams a nailed on first team star. It's very possible all 3 will go on to become excellent players at the club.
Quite a bit of potential central defenders there.

The other reason for him to play in central midfield is he has the long strides and ability to carry the ball forward very quickly. He can have a big impact carrying the ball after breaking up the play in midfield.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Will be playing for the senior Dutch senior team by 2017. You heard it hear first.

Trizy

Has been solid and hungry since making his way into the starting line up but surely some of the comments are a bit OTT? One problem I have with him is a lot of the time the ball is passed back to him in a pressured (slow pressure too) situation he just lumps the ball up the field aimlessly.

Spock

:lol:

The thing is, Timothy IS an actual beast. I know it's early days, but we're witnessing the emergence of a ridiculous football talent.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Christ that's flown by.

Spock

Has been solid and hungry since making his way into the starting line up but surely some of the comments are a bit OTT? One problem I have with him is a lot of the time the ball is passed back to him in a pressured (slow pressure too) situation he just lumps the ball up the field aimlessly.
Sometimes when you're under pressure you just have no choice but to clear the ball up the pitch.

But if you see him with no pressure whatsoever and he just decides to lump a ball aimlessly that's indeed a problem, but one that can be sorted out fairly easily.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Will be playing for the senior Dutch senior team by 2017. You heard it hear first.
i could play for the Dutch side how shit they are and im not even dutch.....

Trizy

Sometimes when you're under pressure you just have no choice but to clear the ball up the pitch.

But if you see him with no pressure whatsoever and he just decides to lump a ball aimlessly that's indeed a problem, but one that can be sorted out fairly easily.
Don't get me wrong, I don't expect him to do an Iniesta under pressure but the past few games there's been times where he has been closed down slowly enough for him to properly pick out a pass but he lumps it.

Personally think that Mata should never be playing anywhere near the right back area. Way too defensively weak & slow.
You didnt see any problem from that? I saw issues that you're overlooking.
Well Mata isnt the ideal player but thats not Fosu Mensah's fault. When a full back pushes forward a winger, DM or CB moves in to cover.

ricky-romeo

i see him as a future centre back but he'll get games at RB for now and is doing very well too.

i can see him making a progress just like sol campbell when he was breaking through, playing a bit on the right but eventually became a top class CB.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Where do we see him playing long term? For a guy with his physcial attributes, right back seems a bit of a waste. Guess can use it to build experience like we did with Smalling until there's a vacant spot at CB or even CM for him. Anyway what a talent he looks!
Best he sits in-front of the back four. Has the ability to read the game well and a good burst of speed when needed.... rarely looks unruffled in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.