Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaglish10

Real Madrid have sold some fantastic players the last decade, including Cristiano Ronaldo, Øzil, Higuain, Kaka, Robben and Wesley Sneijder. They also sold Carvajal to Leverkusen before suddenly realizing that he was a fantastic player, and bought him back. Zidane seems to prefer Modric and Kroos ahead of Ceballos, while Luis Enrique have been playing Ceballos instead of players like Koke and Saul.
I would love if we can take a punt on Ceballos although I like the look of Tonali better, just because of Tonali's ability to switch play with his long passes and the fact that he can play as a no 6 and a no 8.

Having the three of Tonali, Van De Beek and Ceballos wouldn't be that bad especially with Pogba and Herrera leaving the squad. We could have the three play together against average opposition in the EPL. It's not like they are all slouch when it comes to defending but while against big opposition, we would require a much more defensive midfielder to replace one of them and who knows if they could actually play well against top opposition as well.

Last edited:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Not overly bothered about who City buy. We aren't competing with them anyway.

Need to keep an eye on Arsenal, Wolves, Leicester and Everton. That's our current level.

Kaglish10

Sorry, but that is just bollocks.
Bollocks you say. Are you saying Dybala has got better pace, work rate and movement than Chiesa? To be honest, apart from his long shots, I don't see what Dybala has to offer us. Most of his goals were from set pieces anyway and that was when he was still agile.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Not overly bothered about who City buy. We aren't competing with them anyway.

Need to keep an eye on Arsenal, Wolves, Leicester and Everton. That's our current level.
We'll probably be better off signing players from the relegated sides, at least they'll have some experience in a relegation fight.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It looks like City, Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve and Chelsea have all wrapped up a signing already for next season already. Chelsea got Pulisic sorted without CL being in the bag as well.

gulli_G

I think if we were in for him he was waiting for CL qualification before deciding. Either that or our name was used to negotiate with city, surely we could have paid more than that and gazumped them.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The most impressive thing about City is that they don’t pay crazy fees or wages in the grand scheme of things. We really do look like mugs

cyberman

Don't need the Sporting player if we are keeping Pogba so why the meltdown?
Right winger, right back, midfielder. And number 9 should be our targets.

haram

I would accept selling Lukaku if we signed both Dybala and Sancho. Rashford on the left, Dybala false 9, Sancho on the right. Martial one last chance/season.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Redo91

Because young talented players like this are what we should be trying to sign. Or did you forget we have absolutely embarrassing 'players' permeating every position at this club. We don't have an embarrassment of riches that's for sure, Bruno Fernandes at this price is a steal, if he's good enough for City why isn't he good enough for us? We are well below their level.
He’s 24. He’s not a kid. This is the first brilliant season of his career. There isn’t huge scope for improvement and who knows if this season is just an anomaly. He certainly wasn’t considered a £50 million player until now. No way can he be called a bargain.

SAFMUTD

The most impressive thing about City is that they don’t pay crazy fees or wages in the grand scheme of things. We really do look like mugs
Exactly, they spend a lot but in multiple players and never seem to pay way over the top for anyone.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Bollocks you say. Are you saying Dybala has got better pace, work rate and movement than Chiesa? To be honest, apart from his long shots, I don't see what Dybala has to offer us. Most of his goals were from set pieces anyway and that was when he was still agile.
I honestly don’t think there is all that much in it pace wise. Work rate is definitely chiesa, but Dybala has better movement. Chiesa is the plays a role that suits him at fiorentina, Dybala plays in an allegri system that accommodates Ronaldo.

NJM78

My muppet boner for last 4 months. Fair play to City, just on a completely different level to us and will be for years to come.

As long as we tie Mata down to an extension though we’ll be alright. Sigh.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Are we getting Dybala to please Pogba?

Would not be on the top of my priority list, but we need quality players.

RedDevilRoshi

Looks like Moyes wasn’t kidding anyone with his “we inspire to be like Man City”.

Whether people like it or not, they are a million miles ahead of us. Not just how they play on the pitch but the way they do their business off it as well.

NJM78

We don't even need him, midfield is probably the least of our concerns at the moment.
Herrera going, Mata looks likely too, Pogba flirting with leaving so that leaves us Fred, Matic and McTominay, who is a committed but limited player. Lingard is shite and no one will change my mind on that.

I for one have to disagree with you.

mu4c_20le

Herrera going, Mata looks likely too, Pogba flirting with leaving so that leaves us Fred, Matic and McTominay, who is a committed but limited player. Lingard is shite and no one will change my mind on that.

I for one have to disagree with you.
And none of them have left yet. So it doesnt make much sense to blow a big chunk of our budget on what-ifs, especially since we need to address our fullbacks and inconsistent fowards.

NJM78

And none of them have left yet. So it doesnt make much sense to blow a big chunk of our budget on what-ifs, especially since we need to address our fullbacks and inconsistent fowards.
I didn’t say they have and I’m not denying we need positions you mentioned either. We need a lot of players and midfield for me is certainly one of them, don’t care if we have six when only one of them is of a high level and that is only when he can be arsed.

mostar94

I think with regards to Bruno we should listen back to what Ole said which is he wants players that actually want to be here and not come for the extra 20% salary and if the only way to make him come was that then I’d rather have a player who is fully committed because we’ve tried the whole offer more money and it hasn’t turned out well.

Scholsey2004

Are we getting Dybala to please Pogba?

Would not be on the top of my priority list, but we need quality players.
If we get dybala it's because we don't score enough. This season aside his scoring and assist stats are pretty solid. Pogba will probably leave anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.