Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

"Chelsea 'considering' using €80m of €200m warchest on Kai Havertz" - Kristof Terreur

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Why would they consider using a sum of money which isn’t enough to sign the player?
Good question. I've always found those sorts of headlines "considering a bid", "set to offer x amount" etc funny in a way because they don't actually mean anything.

But Kristof Terruer is deemed very reliable so I thought it was worth posting.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Good question. I've always found those sorts of headlines "considering a bid", "set to offer x amount" etc funny in a way because they don't actually mean anything.

But Kristof Terruer is deemed very reliable so I thought it was worth posting.
Id be over the feckin moon if we pulled it off.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Unless Barca are getting Pjanic plus a bunch of cash, that's a horrible deal. They are in desperate need of cash, so I could see that. But if it's just a straight swap....horrible.

Joe Cool

Supports
Chelsea
Why would they consider using a sum of money which isn’t enough to sign the player?
Enough meaning what?

Leverkusen are now one match away from missing CL football next season and Havertz's contract is not bulletproof either, due to end June 2022. All this while the player himself has expressed his wish to have his situation sorted this summer.

This is the perfect time for Leverkusen to cash in on him and to be fair they are not in a position of strenght anymore. Big clubs have been affected by this pandemic, Leverkusen failure to qualify for CL football next season, plus the pandemic context will mean an even bigger hit for a club like Leverkusen.

We'll see more on Havertz next week when Bundesliga is over. Out of CL football, plus the player's contract AND his decision to leave, plus the (post) pandemic situation = forget about the 90-100M you have heard of so far.

I'm not saying it is going to be Chelsea, but if this happens (Leverkusen miss CL football), the clubs negociating would be in a position of strenght and I would not be surprised if he leaves for 70M tops, nevermind the 80M you think it already is not enough.

Zoo

The footballer of
@RealBetis
William Carvalho has an advanced agreement with Leicester to leave at the end of the season. Understanding between the clubs is lacking but all parties welcome this operation

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

The footballer of
@RealBetis
William Carvalho has an advanced agreement with Leicester to leave at the end of the season. Understanding between the clubs is lacking but all parties welcome this operation
If true then surely that means Choudhury/Ndidi could be open to moving? Why would they need all three?

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Carvalho is an awesome player. Saw him live a couple of years ago when Betis was playing against Barcelona at camp nou. In my opinion he was the best player on the pitch in that game and Betis got all three points, winning 3-4.

Not the fastest player, but has great positioning and passing range.

Lynty

Ndidi is overrated for me. Not that i've watched Leicester religiously this season. But the games i've seen, he's been good - but not to the level where top teams should be fighting over him.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I’m not the most avid watcher of Spanish football but every time I’ve watched him Arthur has looked really good. Is there a reason they’d move him on for a much older player?
Fitness issues.
Off the pitch trouble.
Inconsistent performances.
I've watched him quite a number of times. The only thing he is really good at is evading press and short passes
I'm a big fan of his, but yep, you're right. He plays it way too safe. He makes Cleverley look like an adventurous passer.

His ability to deal with pressing opposition is next level, though. His only standout attribute, and, to be fair, it's a great one to have.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
The name William Carvalho takes my back to the Moyes summer window... Painful memories.

Craig Ward

Fitness issues.
Off the pitch trouble.
Inconsistent performances.

I'm a big fan of his, but yep, you're right. He plays it way too safe. He makes Cleverley look like an adventurous passer.

His ability to deal with pressing opposition is next level, though. His only standout attribute, and, to be fair, it's a great one to have.
I don't see any movement in this.

Arthur, De Jong and Messi are rumoured to be the only players Barca are 100% not open to selling.

Wouldn't make much sense for a swap, the valuation of each player dont match up and there's a considerable age gap.

Not happening

Craig Ward

Why do they need him? Bit strange. Can we please buy Ndidi.
The best teams have squad depth.

We have learnt that a few injuries and your playing Andreas Periera as a DM. Disaster.

Carvalho is a good player, surprised he hasnt played at a much bigger club than he has with respect.

I wouldnt consider signing good players to be strange, just makes sense to me.

Ndidi to us would cost a fortune. Not going to happen this summer. Sancho and Bellingham are our focus by the looks of it

Craig Ward

That may have something to do with the non-EU player limit rule in La Liga. At the moment, here are Barcelona's non-EU players: Arthur, Vidal, Suarez, Neto, and Ronald Araujo. Moussa Wagué's another, but he's currently on loan. When Wagué comes back, Barcelona will have to drop one player from their team.

The Arthur exit rumours tell me that Barcelona may still value Suarez and Vidal. They probably don't want to go after another backup keeper (don't know why they exchanged Cillesen in the first place), and they do appear to like both Araujo and Wagué. Since Barcelona are only allowed 3 non-EU players in their matchday squads, Arthur may not be able to make it ahead of Suarez, Vidal, and Neto. If that's the case, then they're probably trying to cut their losses and exchange him for an EU player of the same profile.

This has nothing to do with his ability; Arthur's a great player. However, he's probably being seen as a luxury rather than a necessity. If they really valued him that much, they'd be looking to get him Spanish citizenship.

EDIT: I forgot about Coutinho. Barcelona really did screw up their squad building & management.
Vidal and Countinho are not required.

Vidal is heavily linked to Inter and we all know they're open to flogging Countinho to whoever wants him.

Saurez will likely stay, the youngsters may get another loan and it's not hard to switch to a EU back up keeper.

Arthur will be staying

Craig Ward

Seriously, I would take him back. He could be the perfect foil for Maguire.

OK he’s no Varane but better then the rest in our squad. Certainly better than Lindelof.
He's really not better though,

This logic baffles me. He's been here nearly a decade, we've all been frustrated by his limitations. He's not getting any younger, fitter or better.

We need to move on.

Smalling has no future here. He's done at utd and rightly so

Ekeke

Ndidi to us? :smirk:
I wish. But the truth is Carvalho has been crap this season. I mean he's made 4 tackles with 10 players dribbling past him, I highly doubt this is Leicester's idea of replacing their ball winner.

They're just giving someone who has failed in Betis this season a fresh chance. He did okay last season but nothing like the hype suggested years back. Squad player

Rolaholic

Might be the most blatant case of money laundering I've seen :lol:

Those clubs are so dodgy

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Right. And then as soon as it turns to 01 July and a new accounting year, it will be ‘BREAKING - Barcelona have agreed a £72.5m deal to sign Miralem Pjanic from Juventus’.

croadyman

The best teams have squad depth.

We have learnt that a few injuries and your playing Andreas Periera as a DM. Disaster.

Carvalho is a good player, surprised he hasnt played at a much bigger club than he has with respect.

I wouldnt consider signing good players to be strange, just makes sense to me.

Ndidi to us would cost a fortune. Not going to happen this summer. Sancho and Bellingham are our focus by the looks of it
You might want to change that focus from Bellingham to Van Der Beek/Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.