Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Hoffenheim have submitted a formal offer to Rennes for promising 18-year-old Georginio Rutter. The offer has potential to tempt Rennes to sell him this month instead of letting him go for free in the summer.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
What's this fella like?
Unfortunately, I haven't watched him much, but the scouting reports online describe him as a pacey, skillful, and two-footed striker. He's been linked to a bunch of bigger clubs including Arsenal and AC Milan. He has chosen to become a free agent this summer, which is why several bigger clubs are interested in him.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Unfortunately, I haven't watched him much, but the scouting reports online describe him as a pacey, skillful, and two-footed striker. He's been linked to a bunch of bigger clubs including Arsenal and AC Milan. He has chosen to become a free agent this summer, which is why several bigger clubs are interested in him.
Interesting, thanks.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Other than Cutrone, Parma also inquired about Piatek, but that didn't go far. They're still pursuing a new centre back with Fazio and Dragovic as two of the options.

croadyman

Think Ole would love to get RB (backup), CB, CDM & RW all this summer but seems very unlikely we will move away from the plan of signing three players in the window, therefore be interesting to see which position gets sacrificed until next January or even summer 2022

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I read some stuff on ESPN about us being interested in Christoph Baumgartner from Hoffenheim. Apparently we’re targeting him for the summer.

He looks like a decent midfielder & having a good season too. Got compared to Ballack.

Does anyone know if this news is credible?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I read some stuff on ESPN about us being interested in Christoph Baumgartner from Hoffenheim. Apparently we’re targeting him for the summer.

He looks like a decent midfielder & having a good season too. Got compared to Ballack.

Does anyone know if this news is credible?
Their source is the Sun, whose source is...themself. I wouldn't put too much stock into this story.

Silas

Think Ole would love to get RB (backup), CB, CDM & RW all this summer but seems very unlikely we will move away from the plan of signing three players in the window, therefore be interesting to see which position gets sacrificed until next January or even summer 2022
I think RB depends on how Laird does on loan this season.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I think we might not look into RW position unless Sancho and him only becomes available and that too at a decent price.

Diallo will probably get a chance in the second half of this season to make the position his own and Greenwood may continue to be the other option.

Pavl3n

If the three signings is something to go by, then the CDM search might wait. Someone between Williams, Dalot and Laird turns out to be a good back up option, then the RB might wait. Which I highly doubt. I think the midfield looks fairly solid.
If this squad gets trimmed (Lingard, Pereira, Jones, Dalot, Mata, Rojo) and we add a backup RB and CB, RW fighting for starting positions - this squad could be a genuine title contender.

croadyman

If the three signings is something to go by, then the CDM search might wait. Someone between Williams, Dalot and Laird turns out to be a good back up option, then the RB might wait. Which I highly doubt. I think the midfield looks fairly solid.
If this squad gets trimmed (Lingard, Pereira, Jones, Dalot, Mata, Rojo) and we add a backup RB and CB, RW fighting for starting positions - this squad could be a genuine title contender.
Personally I feel the CDM position is higher priority than a backup RB because we need to find a player who is capable of doing the job that Fred & Scott currently provide for this team, we definitely would look more fluid if we had a CDM alongside a VDB/Pogba with Bruno ahead of them. I like Rice but the cost of him in these COVID times may see us explore some cheaper european options such as Soumare or Zakaria. Presumably in regards to a CB you are thinking we are wanting to bring in a starter alongside Maguire like a Konate/Torres rather than a rotational option such as Medina/Badiashile

Last edited:

croadyman

I think RB depends on how Laird does on loan this season.
My gut feeling all along is that we are looking for an experienced attacking backup RB hence the links to Trippier who I think could have moved in this window but then he got that 10 week transfer ban

croadyman

I think we might not look into RW position unless Sancho and him only becomes available and that too at a decent price.

Diallo will probably get a chance in the second half of this season to make the position his own and Greenwood may continue to be the other option.
Yeah there is no doubt that if Diallo comes in and becomes a bit of a revelation in that position then it definitely would give Ole something to think about in regards to his three highest priority positions this summer

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
West Brom are also tapping into La Liga.

West Brom today have made what they consider to be their last offer for Okay Yokuslu (Celta Vigo). A paid loan with an obligation to buy if West Brom remain in the Premier League (around 5 million [Euros]). Celta Vigo's response is expected during the day.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Various Belgian sources (notably Het Nieuwsblad and HLN)

Basically, Pellistri has to make the final decision between Alavés or Club Brugge. Apparently, the Belgian press see Brugge as the favourite given that they're competing for trophies and are in the Europa League.

onemanarmy

West Brom may have finally found their new striker.
Ha, they are getting desperate it seems. Total flop in the Belgian league, let alone in England. Not good enough, and caused problems left and right. Was shipped out asap.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The deal: 18-month-loan with a conditional purchase should Gaich appear in 50% of the matches next season. Price: 11 million Euros

Status
Not open for further replies.