Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Reiver

I wonder what the good offer is that Harry's made to Terry?

The club captaincy? Or even better the club captaincy, the club captain's house and full access to the club captain's missus as well?
Full access to his daughter in law might just swing it

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
One player United have been linked with who will not be moving to Old Trafford is Monaco full-back Fabinho. / It is understood Mourinho has no interest in the Brazilian.

If the reporter doesn't know Fabinho is now a defensive midfielder, should we trust him on the allegedly “no interest”? :rolleyes:

VanGaalEra

Remind me how good Simon Stone is? I have a feeling he's fairly reliable? Shame about Fabinho if that's true.
There's a few journos now saying the same, Keegan, MEN and now Stone.

I don't think we're in for him.

Tarrou

Remind me how good Simon Stone is? I have a feeling he's fairly reliable? Shame about Fabinho if that's true.
He is one of the journos Woody sometimes briefs, although that doesn't really mean it's reliable. Woody bullshits as well.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Surprisingly, although it's still very early days, it doesn't look like there will be a massive decimation of the Monaco team as expected. Silva has gone, and will be hard to replace even if they sold no one else, but I think they have a very good chance of keeping the rest of their team together.

Nobody even seems particularly interested in Fabinho, Lemar or Mendy.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Surprisingly, although it's still very early days, it doesn't look like there will be a massive decimation of the Monaco team as expected. Silva has gone, and will be hard to replace even if they sold no one else, but I think they have a very good chance of keeping the rest of their team together.

Spurs are trying to sign Lemar as is Arsenal. Mendy name has been everywhere but has gone quite for now and of course there is Real going hard for Mbappe

Borden

Mendy is excellent going forward, but very defensively suspect from what I've seen. Not surprised Jose isn't in for him, and I doubt he would be even if we were in desperate need of a left back.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
There's a few journos now saying the same, Keegan, MEN and now Stone.

I don't think we're in for him.
Only ray of hope though is that they are not in the usual gang that get briefed. It's usually Ladyman, Taylor, Ducker et al, although I think Stone is also in that group, it's not our usual press briefing where this gang simultaneously run the same narrative.

I don't think the club talks to individual journalists either as a brief or by request so I think Stone is guessing this one.

Edit - @Tarrou confirms Stone is in that press brief gang.

M4YON

No Nainggolan, No Fabinho, Robbed by Madrid for Morata, Robbed by Inter for Perisic, no interest in this window, muppet suicide it is.

Blind

Fabinho's been linked with Juve, Lemar is on the list of players Wenger won't sign and Mendy was heavily linked with City around the time Silva moved. They will struggle to keep all 3, Mbappe's probably the one they can rely on, Real won't want to jeopardise a move if he makes it clear he wants to stay at Monaco for another season.

Von Mistelroum

I don't think we're in for a DM at all. There have been no credible links to any really. I think we've a set amount to spend and DM is not the priority.

JoaquinJoaquin

I don't think we're in for a DM at all. There have been no credible links to any really. I think we've a set amount to spend and DM is not the priority.
Which is so frustrating when you seen the other night how well Pogba can play with a DM next to him.

dichinero

Gone from the excitement of signing Lindelof to the despair of not being interested in Fabinho, letting go of Harrop and upping the bid for Perisic. United sure do know how to slay the muppet.

settembrini

Me neither. Herrera was excellent in the role last season and Mourinho loves him. Plus he gave Carrick a new contract. Plus he gave Tuanzebe several games there at the end of the season.

GM K

Nobody wants Aubemeyang.
I usually don't comment about Aubumayang here seeing how much he is loved. But to break my 'silence', I have never been his big fan. I put him in the Higuain / Cavani category. They miss too many sitters. Aubu practically knocked his country out of the last Nations Cup. His misses were stunning. I mean Jesse Lingard kind of open net misses.

I am not saying he is not a good player because he is. Just saying he is not my favourite type of striker. When you need players like him, Higuain and Cavani to carry your team across the line in a decisive moment/tourney (on a consisteny basis), they just seem to let you down.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

Abramovich will not be a problem regardind Costa's transfer as he lets Conte make the decision.

Infra-red

Di Marzio, The Mail, The Independent, Manchester Evening News and ESPN have all linked us to Matic and/or Dier. A new holding midfielder will be one of our four signings.

GM K

Me neither. Herrera was excellent in the role last season and Mourinho loves him. Plus we gave Carrick a new contract. Plus he gave Tuanzebe several games there at the end of the season.
Surely, we need midfield reinforcements, don't we? We sold off three midfielders and we have one ageing one plus a Fellaini who might be on his way out. Also, Mourinho always plays with a DM who shields the back line. I suspect he will go for Matic.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Me neither. Herrera was excellent in the role last season and Mourinho loves him. Plus he gave Carrick a new contract. Plus he gave Tuanzebe several games there at the end of the season.
You have an interesting understanding of the word several. Also Carrick being given another year doesn't mean he's stating our games next season. It'd obvious we needed to have him replaced and used sparingly for a couple of seasons now.