Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I think Mueller is squeezing Kremlin Mike hard. On one end he's going after his son - on the other, he's nailing him for being a Turkish stooge during a time when he was Trump's NSA.
He is probably hoping for Trump to pardon him and son.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think Mueller has to some degree taken pardons off the table by mirroring charges at the state level.
These allegations on Flynn aren't easy to mirror at State level though are they?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
These allegations on Flynn aren't easy to mirror at State level though are they?
Some may some may not be. Mueller's job is to diversify a range of charges against Flynn by also going after his son to squeeze him from both directions. Therefore Flynn could be charged Federally but his son could be pursued the state level. Alternatively, there could be an AG in NY or the DC/VA area who works with Mueller whereby Mueller issues a few charges at the federal level and saves more of the same that can be applied by the AG. Plenty of options for him.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Some may some may not be. Mueller's job is to diversify a range of charges against Flynn by also going after his son to squeeze him from both directions. Therefore Flynn could be charged Federally but his son could be pursued the state level. Alternatively, there could be an AG in NY or the DC/VA area who works with Mueller whereby Mueller issues a few charges at the federal level and saves more of the same that can be applied by the AG. Plenty of options for him.
The more that comes out and the more I think about it, I think it's inevitable that Trump will go Nuclear at some point and sack Fergie and sell Giggs sack Mueller and pardon anyone he can. It will be an act of desperation, likely fuelled by poor advice, frustration and rage. Hopefully it will be completely futile with the charges they face at State level (in fact in State/Federal mirrored cases I understand it will be worse than futile as to accept a pardon you have to admit Guilt which will be a case closer for the State charges) but it's all going to come down to the 2018 Primaries.

That's the clock Mueller is working to. If the GOP managed to retain the House and Senate then Mueller is toast and the GOP will batten down the hatches. If the Democrats take either, we will be talking impeachment on the evidence we already have although I think they would be smart and give Muller all the resources he needs to finish his investigation and see just how deep into the Republican Party this corruption goes.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
Yep. The next shoe to fall will be that Trump did invite the girls up later on, at which point the best part of the dossier will more or less be proven correct.
Knowing Trump, he wouldn't have turned down those girls eventually. He waited till he was alone and invited them all into his room.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The more that comes out and the more I think about it, I think it's inevitable that Trump will go Nuclear at some point and sack Fergie and sell Giggs sack Mueller and pardon anyone he can. It will be an act of desperation, likely fuelled by poor advice, frustration and rage. Hopefully it will be completely futile with the charges they face at State level (in fact in State/Federal mirrored cases I understand it will be worse than futile as to accept a pardon you have to admit Guilt which will be a case closer for the State charges) but it's all going to come down to the 2018 Primaries.

That's the clock Mueller is working to. If the GOP managed to retain the House and Senate then Mueller is toast and the GOP will batten down the hatches. If the Democrats take either, we will be talking impeachment on the evidence we already have although I think they would be smart and give Muller all the resources he needs to finish his investigation and see just how deep into the Republican Party this corruption goes.

Yeah but bear in mind that sacking Mueller is a double edged sword, otherwise he would've already attempted it so the investigation doesn't go too far. It has already metastasized beyond Russian collusion and gone deeply into all kinds of other areas to Turkish ties to Flynn, financial crimes, obstruction of justice on the Comey firing etc. Trump also risks two very bad things (for him) happening if he attempts to fire Mueller - 1st: He could get impeached just as Nixon was about to after the Saturday Night Massacre, and/or 2nd: The congress could reinstitute the Independent Council statute and simply rehire Mueller to continue his work. At that point, Mueller would be immune from getting fired and Trump would be extremely legally exposed to an obstruction of justice charge of having attempted to obstruct Mueller by firing him as independent council. So in addition to the mountain of other charges brewing, this would be yet another of many things that are impeachable. He really has little recourse other than to allow the investigation to play itself out.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete

I'm of the opinion that the Russians have got their hands into the GOP. It doesn't end with Trump's campaign, I think members of congress also have business dealings with Russians.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Surely there's not a man alive past or present that would turn down a group of attractive women willingly ready to commit countless sexual acts.

Well, maybe Pence.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Knowing Trump, he wouldn't have turned down those girls eventually. He waited till he was alone and invited them all into his room.
It would be embarrassing for him if the story was true, but really the real meat on the bone in the dossier is the Russian involvement in attempting to cultivate Trump as a viable stooge who they could later use if he got into office.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
You can just imagine the scene can't you...trump gets back to hotel room....looks at minibar.....reads hotel guide......goes back to minbar and snaffles a toblerone and a walnut whip......opens briefcase...closes briefcase.....wanders over to phone......."Ivan do you still have those girls available?"
Just when I thought he couldn’t get any worse.

sglowrider

Surely there's not a man alive past or present that would turn down a group of attractive women willingly ready to commit countless sexual acts.

Well, maybe Pence.
I think it would be age dependent if you come from The Great State of Alabama.
Fresher the fish the better.

Charlie Foley

I think Mueller is squeezing Kremlin Mike hard. On one end he's going after his son - on the other, he's nailing him for being a Turkish stooge during a time when he was Trump's NSA.
Kremlin Mike sounds like a Trumpism on twitter (it would be hilarious if trump actually called him that )

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Kremlin Mike sounds like a Trumpism on twitter (it would be hilarious if trump actually called him that )
Hehe...its something I've been doing for a while. Sort of too tempting when a US military officer dines at the same table as the Russian dictator.

sglowrider

Hehe...its something I've been doing for a while. Sort of too tempting when a US military officer dines at the same table as the Russian dictator.
For $15 million bucks he was willing to get called Turkish Flynn.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Is there anyone involved with Trump who isn't a complete scumbag...

entropy

This Seth Abramson chap seems to be waaay ahead of the story than what is being reported in the msm. How are we supposed to react to his story and sources?

Fergies Gum

This Seth Abramson chap seems to be waaay ahead of the story than what is being reported in the msm. How are we supposed to react to his story and sources?
Seth is just another attention seeker and i align him with the likes of Louis Mensch & Claude Taylor.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Agreed. If he gets anything right its probably more so in the "a broken clock is right twice a day" category than any ITK info he has. Mensch seems to have complete fallen off the bandwagon recently as I haven't seen any of her work on Twitter (probably because others have stopped RT'ing her).

Dan

Mensch seems to have complete fallen off the bandwagon recently as I haven't seen any of her work on Twitter (probably because others have stopped RT'ing her)
She reminds me of an episode of Star Trek: Voyager where Seven of Nine assimilates a load of information from the ship’s database and develops all these crazy conspiracies.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Get in.... :drool:

From October...

http://www.businessinsider.com/john...ana-rohrabacher-from-talking-to-trump-2017-10

WASHINGTON — California Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, a Republican known for his fondness of the Russian government and ties to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, said he is unable to even speak to President Donald Trump due to barriers put in place by White House Chief of Staff John Kelly.

and

On Tuesday, it was also revealed that Rohrabacher met with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya during a trip to Moscow last year, according to Foreign Policy. Veselnitskaya is known for her meeting with Donald Trump, Jr. at Trump Tower in New York, where she supposedly discussed potentially damaging information about Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

This could be juicy!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Rohrbacher is definitely going to jail. He went from staunch anti-communist during the Soviet era to suddenly gargling Putin's nut sack within the past couple of years. That's usually a sign of financial entanglement.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Lest we forget:

“There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump,” McCarthy (R-Calif.) said, according to a recording of the June 15, 2016, exchange, which was listened to and verified by The Washington Post. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher is a Californian Republican known in Congress as a fervent defender of Putin and Russia.

House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) immediately interjected, stopping the conversation from further exploring McCarthy’s assertion, and swore the Republicans present to secrecy.

Before the conversation, McCarthy and Ryan had emerged from separate talks at the Capitol with Ukrainian Prime Minister Vladimir Groysman, who had described a Kremlin tactic of financing populist politicians to undercut Eastern European democratic institutions.

Some of the lawmakers laughed at McCarthy’s comment. Then McCarthy quickly added: “Swear to God.”

Ryan instructed his Republican lieutenants to keep the conversation private, saying: “No leaks. . . . This is how we know we’re a real family here.”

The remarks remained secret for nearly a year.
Full transcript:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps...-leaders-obtained-by-the-post/2209/?tid=a_inl