Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Part of me sometimes thinks Trump might not have actually been involved, because he's so stupid and liable to say daft shite that if he had been we'd probably know by now.

walkinhop

You're saying "everyone's at it", then bring up a bosom buddy of Trump's. What does that prove?
Oh boy...here's a summary of what i meant and what was said.

Some of the posts looked over the top to me. In terms of surprise factor. Might have grasped that wrong but, hey, that's how it seems to me.
Came to show my surprise to people's over-the-top reactions. Might be really exciting.
oates wanted me to show who else might be of interest
In my opinion many things go unnoticed when furors like these happen. There plenty of cases going on and some just pass by.
Gave Tillerson as an example. To me, this Russian-US story is less interesting than all the proxy wars. I suppose the Cold War plays a big part in why people are so pumped, together with Trump's highly questionable persona.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
In my opinion many things go unnoticed when furors like these happen. There plenty of cases going on and some just pass by.
Gave Tillerson as an example. To me, this Russian-US story is less interesting than all the proxy wars. I suppose the Cold War plays a big part in why people are so pumped, together with Trump's highly questionable persona.
You're kind of in the wrong thread for that. We're way deep in detail here and well aware of all the anciliary angles.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Part of me sometimes thinks Trump might not have actually been involved, because he's so stupid and liable to say daft shite that if he had been we'd probably know by now.
There's actually some that ascribe to that theory. The crux of it being that the Russians are quite good at this sort of thing, and are too smart to let Donald in on it.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I tend to think the same thing. Fortunately he's managed to break lots of other laws in the process of being a fecking moron, so he's going down regardless.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
"Every time he sees me, he says, 'I didn't do that,'" Trump said. "And I believe, I really believe, that when he tells me that, he means it."
FFS what a moron.

Also from the same piece:

The fraught relations between the two leaders was underscored anew when Putin's spokesman said election meddling did not come up when they spoke, even though Trump said it did.
:lol:

Nogbadthebad

For those questioning whether there is a hold over trump's administration by Putin, just a reminder.

We are now 41 days past the deadline for introducing new sanctions on Russia, it was a very rare bipartisan order from the house.

Trump has still refused to implement anything.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
For those questioning whether there is a hold over trump's administration by Putin, just a reminder.

We are now 41 days past the deadline for introducing new sanctions on Russia, it was a very rare bipartisan order from the house.

Trump has still refused to implement anything.
This. It's extraordinary. What is the process for making him action this? Is there an actual process or has this scenario not been accounted for?

Charlie Foley

The reality is that all of the names in politics can be substituted and the articles wouldn't sound out of place.
:lol:

"What evidence have you found on the defendant?"

"Well, none actually. Turns out it was our client who started that fire. But think about it, if we say it was that other guy, does his name really sound out of place? I reckon the judge will buy it."

"..."

"..."

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's going to become more and more obvious as time goes on, just how much of a hand Russia had in Brexit.

Fergies Gum

Though that picture doesn't show anything. Simple explanation is Boris was at an event and this Russian "professor" was in attendance and asked for a photo.

Silva

Silva

Seems to me that Trump won’t be getting any help from Russia to corroborate his claims. In other words, he’ll be hung out to dry.
I believe they contested his account of their last meeting too. Though that may have been the meeting where he brought the Russian ambassador to the oval office and told them Israel's state secrets.

entropy

I believe they contested his account of their last meeting too. Though that may have been the meeting where he brought the Russian ambassador to the oval office and told them Israel's state secrets.
They have nothing left to gain from him. Especially while he is under investigation. They’ll be more than happy to distance themselves and start laying the groundwork for a completely different political strategy.

Tarrou

They have nothing left to gain from him. Especially while he is under investigation. They’ll be more than happy to distance themselves and start laying the groundwork for a completely different political strategy.
Starting with them releasing the pee-pee tape, hopefully.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Trump claims he talked to Putin about interference....

They’re just fecking with him. Like a cat playing with a mouse. They’ve got absolute power over him and they don’t have any issue pulling his pants down. He’s not an ally, he’s their toy. They’ve got kompromat on him and they don’t need to keep him sweet. He’s useless for any sort of agendas they might have once hoped him to push through, they just want to ridicule the institution now.

Dan

They’re just fecking with him. Like a cat playing with a mouse. They’ve got absolute power over him and they don’t have any issue pulling his pants down. He’s not an ally, he’s their toy. They’ve got kompromat on him and they don’t need to keep him sweet. He’s useless for any sort of agendas they might have once hoped him to push through, they just want to ridicule the institution now.
My new favourite word.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Some of the posts looked over the top to me. In terms of surprise factor. Might have grasped that wrong but, hey, that's how it seems to me.
I doubt that anyone is surprised by what is being revealed. The whole Trump campaign reeked of this stuff. What is surprising people is the way in which the case is evolving and in particular the fact that it looks like Mueller has indeed managed to get key people to incriminate themselves or cooperate. Things that had looked like they would not make it past the "it looks bad" stage may be approaching the legally provable, and others that looked like they would blow straight past Trump and his closest allies, are getting closer to the central players, and their scale is not diminishing to the trivial, or the coincidental.