Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
A Macheda loan to Everton seems ideal to me - I'm not sure of his contract status but if there's a chance of a good loan move then that could only increase his sale fee (which must be pretty low as it anyway).

RedRover

I'd rather try and tempt BAE away from Spurs for that money. Seriously, he's a 10-12 million pound player, at best. BAE is a better defender, better going forward and much, much cooler, which is always important.
Baines is a much better plater than Assou-Ekotto - he's a better crosser and much better defender.

I'm sure the club won't pay over the odds for him in any event so I don't see why people are worrying.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
A Macheda loan to Everton seems ideal to me - I'm not sure of his contract status but if there's a chance of a good loan move then that could only increase his sale fee (which must be pretty low as it anyway).
Would probably get played in cup games or if Jelavic was injured. Hopefully Anichebe will be sold.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Nah, it'd be pointless as he'd never play and Everton rarely if ever play with 2 strikers.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
@Moose_talkSPORT: Spurs fans the "major" signing I mentioned yesterday I now believe will be Karim Benzema from Real Madrid watch this space

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If in the unlikely event that he did leave Real this summer, every top club in europe would be after him.

I can't see him giving up CL football for bloody Spurs.

Baxter

feck me. :lol: :lol:

As if that would ever happen. Journos gets paid to make shit like that up.

Heffo

feck me. :lol: :lol:

As if that would ever happen. Journos gets paid to make shit like that up.
Worst thing is he hasn't even made it up himself. This particular gem originated from Agent_ITK. Journo's don't even need to come up with these stories anymore, a couple of minutes on Twitter would probably give them enough rubbish to cover a month "exclusives".

gaz1185

I guess this 'Moose' guy is getting his information from @Agent_ITK on Twitter, he posted this about Benzema earlier too. Ridiculous.

Edit: had my phone on the side and hadn't posted this yet, I wasn't intentionally being a parrot :lol:

gaz1185

Well he could have. But regarding this Agent_ITK, a couple of people claimed it was Barry Silkman last night... He confirmed his name began with a B but went very quiet when that name was mentioned!

mightberight

Twitter gives journos a bad name. Plenty of great ones out there, but they get diluted by attention-whores who reel in the punters and when they're inevitably let down, blame the entire journalism industry for it.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Twitter gives journos a bad name. Plenty of great ones out there, but they get diluted by attention-whores who reel in the punters and when they're inevitably let down, blame the entire journalism industry for it.
True up to a point, but the tabloids were/have been giving journalism in general a bad name years before Twitter came into existence.

Twitter is just the next step in the decline along from internet forums/blokes in pubs, etc. And I'm no fan of Twitter or its attention-seekers, but they are just a continuation of the decline.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
RVP will be in the headlines, appears it's between shitty or us.

@TransferScoop: Star Sports headline: Van Utd or Van City #mcfc #mufc - RvP spotted house hunting in Hale http://t.co/yR033eEZ

Amir

Reminds me of when it was made to be seen as if United and City were doing battle for Balotelli. Not then, not now.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
RVP will be in the headlines, appears it's between shitty or us.

@TransferScoop: Star Sports headline: Van Utd or Van City #mcfc #mufc - RvP spotted house hunting in Hale http://t.co/yR033eEZ
Financially prohibitive for United given his age, wage demands, singing on fees. He'll be back to being consistently injured once he signs a new contract. I still maintain he'll do a Rooney.

mightberight

You know I'm not entirely sure how RVP will work out for them. Get the same feeling as Torres and Sheva. I'm probably woefully wrong, but whether it's injuries/around too many big names/wrong system for him, I can see him being less effective.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
@Bob_Cass: Finished now. What happens to RVP will depend on RVP - City still in there but .... Baines likely; Lucas too after the Olympics. Sleep well.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
@Bob_Cass: @Vik_manutd @MartinLipton Hi pal. The Lucas situation is United are in talks to buy him. But his agent wants fortunes - its holding it up.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Loads of rumours kicking about tonight...

@BusbyMUFC: (Sao Paulo) President Juvêncio agreed to sell Moura to MUFC after London 2012. 1/2 of the money now 1/2 in 18 months

(via @SaoPauloNewsEng)

Mersault

Are we seriously going to sign Moura? I can't see how we'll keep all of our wingers and Berba if we do. I'm not down on the prospect, but I really hope it doesn't involve Nani leaving. We could do with 3 strikers if we get so stocked up on attacking midfielders though...

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Na, I couldnt see RVP coming in a billion years. Not a player I can see us going for at all. Lucas is gathering pace, a little too much pace. Feels like the Sneijder thing all over again.

Hans Moleman

ManUtdStuff
Christian Eriksen rejected an opportunity to speak with City last summer because he had set his heart on joining United. [metro]

DuncanCastles
Tottenham call halt to pursuit of Joao Moutinho as Porto refuse to sell for less than €30m.

Status
Not open for further replies.