Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bringbackbebe

He's not a right back. Unfair to judge him as one. Poor guy had to use his left foot most of the times.

UpWithRivers

:lol: At this level you don’t lose possession deep in the opposition half? Good one.
Not by chasing a ball going out, keeping it in just but not being able to get it and leaving it to the opposition you don't. He basically passed him the ball and walked off the pitch. Certain times are crucial for not losing possession or you are fkd. This was one of them

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Not by chasing a ball going out, keeping it in just but not being able to get it and leaving it to the opposition you don't. He basically passed him the ball and walked off the pitch. Certain times are crucial for not losing possession or you are fkd. This was one of them
I know how he lost the ball. I also know where he lost the ball. Which you seem to be ignoring.

UpWithRivers

I know how he lost the ball. I also know where he lost the ball. Which you seem to be ignoring.
Sure you can argue that he was in the opposition half so losing possession shouldn't have been catastrophic. I can see that. But it was. And it was an unforced error. Getting tackled is one thing. Attempting a pass is also another thing. Keeping the ball in play and giving it to the opposition unopposed is another. At lower levels maybe this is acceptable. Good on him for keeping the ball into play. But at the very top its small details. It was a stupid mistake. In thier half or not it was a mistake which lead to the whole right side being open and to the goal. Thats just facts.

Whats your take on it? Malacia was in the wrong place? Lindelof should have been closer?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Sure you can argue that he was in the opposition half so losing possession shouldn't have been catastrophic. I can see that. But it was. And it was an unforced error. Getting tackled is one thing. Attempting a pass is also another thing. Keeping the ball in play and giving it to the opposition unopposed is another. At lower levels maybe this is acceptable. Good on him for keeping the ball into play. But at the very top its small details. It was a stupid mistake. In thier half or not it was a mistake which lead to the whole right side being open and to the goal. Thats just facts.

Whats your take on it? Malacia was in the wrong place? Lindelof should have been closer?
My take is it was a good goal by Fulham. If we’re desperate to blame someone than maybe look at defenders, or central midfielders. Trying to pin the blame on a forward who loses the ball (trying to keep a promising attacking situation alive) beside the touchline, deep in the opposition half is a) nuts and b) smacks of an agenda against that player.

MUFC OK

Tough assignment for him at RB. Thought he got next to no protection from Elanga. Not judging him harshly for putting in a shift for the team out of position.

gregor

I found it strange why was he positioned so high on the pitch when Fulham had the ball in their defensive third. There was so much space to run in behind him.

UpWithRivers

My take is it was a good goal by Fulham. If we’re desperate to blame someone than maybe look at defenders, or central midfielders. Trying to pin the blame on a forward who loses the ball (trying to keep a promising attacking situation alive) beside the touchline, deep in the opposition half is a) nuts and b) smacks of an agenda against that player.
How is that an agenda when you analyze a goal we conceded. Even Ten Haag said post match that we shouldn't have our whole right side open up. Are you telling me he is not analyzing where it went wrong? Is he not sitting with the players and saying. 'Hey this is where it went wrong and this is what we should do in the future.' Or does Ten Haag have an agenda? Or is only fans that cant try and analyze the game?
All I did was point out in response to a post that it was Malacia's fault that it wasn't and it was a mistake by Bruno. Im starting to think you have an agenda against me. What did I do?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I found it strange why was he positioned so high on the pitch when Fulham had the ball in their defensive third. There was so much space to run in behind him.
Probably to have exchanges with Elanga. But that obviously does not work with a player like Elanga

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
How is that an agenda when you analyze a goal we conceded. Even Ten Haag said post match that we shouldn't have our whole right side open up. Are you telling me he is not analyzing where it went wrong? Is he not sitting with the players and saying. 'Hey this is where it went wrong and this is what we should do in the future.' Or does Ten Haag have an agenda? Or is only fans that cant try and analyze the game?
All I did was point out in response to a post that it was Malacia's fault that it wasn't and it was a mistake by Bruno. Im starting to think you have an agenda against me. What did I do?
You’re being very sensitive. I’m objecting to you trying to blame Bruno for a goal that other United players were much more responsible for. He can’t be blamed for the wide open spaces behind him and an attacking player losing possession that high up the pitch happens all the time. It’s not a big deal.

I don’t know if you have an agenda against Bruno or not. But the post I was responding to gives that impression.

Davie Moyes

He's not a right-back. Played in an alien position today. The lad has done fine in most games he's played and he's a very competent deputy to Shaw.
Spot on Sultan. The amount of reactionary posts in this thread is unbelievable. There is a reason we never see a left footed LB playing RB as it's extremely difficult.

I'm just glad he was cheap, competent, has a great attitude and the best aspect is he keeps Shaw on his toes and performing.

Davie Moyes

You’re being very sensitive. I’m objecting to you trying to blame Bruno for a goal that other United players were much more responsible for. He can’t be blamed for the wide open spaces behind him and an attacking player losing possession that high up the pitch happens all the time. It’s not a big deal.

I don’t know if you have an agenda against Bruno or not. But the post I was responding to gives that impression.
I agree. If we analyse the goal there was so much that we did wrong after Bruno keeping the ball in.

Malacia in no man's land. Lindelof as passive as ever letting the ball be crossed though his leg and Shaw being lazy as ever caught on the wrong side of his man James. De Gea putting up no resistance (but I'm being overly harsh here).

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Had a difficult game but recovered a bit in the second half. Young player who is still adapting to English football and has to play out of position. Cant really expect him to have a fantastic game in that situation i think.

He is a left back, played as right back today and van Gaal used him as a left sided CB in a back 3 this season. He is playing everywhere this season :lol:
Good for his development IMO. He seems to be a lad who responds well to adversity so giving him all these different challenges will add to his game and versatility I think.

Skills

Snitch
He was poorly positioned to receive the pass from Bruno. He had to be closer to the line because the passing angle wasn't on for Fernandes to get him where he was.

He's not a right back though so not exactly his fault that his positioning isn't great in an unfamiliar position.

Spaghetti

Mom's
He didn’t play well. I know he was on the wrong side, but he was constantly out of position; couldn’t hold the line. It was like watching Alexander-Arnold but even more wasteful in possession.

Don't Kill Bill

He got a bit of a chasing in this match but as others have said he isn't a right back. Its good we got the points in the end and if he is going to force his way into the starting 11 then he has to learn from this, which I think he will. Good defending isn't an add on to a fullbacks game and you can't always make up for lacking in that side of your game by using your pace.

Man Utd 2:0 Burnley

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Was given a bit if a run around by Benson for much if last night but ended the game on top in the second half.

SAFMUTD

He has to improve quickly, he started the season great but since that City game he's slow down a bit. At the moment Shaw is the better player by quite some margin.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Happy to give him plenty more time but I'm not sold on what he's supposed to be good at?

My best compliment so far is his attitude seems to be spot on...

Rossa

Happy to give him plenty more time but I'm not sold on what he's supposed to be good at?

My best compliment so far is his attitude seems to be spot on...
Tenacity and attitude being his greatest attributes. Then his first touch and short passing. Not sure about his speed. Looks quick enough, but no prime Evra. Lacking in attack.

Gordon S

Getting Buttner vibes from this guy so far. Still young so still lots of room for improvement.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Even Evra in his absolute prime had bad matches and off spells. Too many on here just aren’t worth listening to week after week. if you like a player who isn’t pretty much automatically the best in the league in his position he’ll surely be written off even as he settles in.
I don't think Malacia is good enough for you unfortunately. Was a bit surprised Ten Hag bought him from us honestly. He wont give up though and who knows, maybe he'll step up, but I doubt it.

Rossa

Getting Buttner vibes from this guy so far. Still young so still lots of room for improvement.
He's not remotely similar though. Buttner was very quick and quite skillful in attack, but ultimately he was horrendous at defending and had a loose touch. So far, Malacia is yet to show much going forwards, but his first touch is very good, and his defending is quite decent. He's not a patch on Evra, mind you, but he may develop.

Red_Aaron

He's a key member of the squad because he sets the intensity level that Shaw and Dalot both need to be at in order to play. Both of those players have been guilty of slacking in the past but with malacia at their heels it keeps them honest and its massively benefitted them and the team

He won't be first choice as such but there's still enough domestic cup and europa ties to give him games plus any injury/suspension cover. Can play both sides too.

I think he's been a great addition to the squad

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I don't think Malacia is good enough for you unfortunately. Was a bit surprised Ten Hag bought him from us honestly. He wont give up though and who knows, maybe he'll step up, but I doubt it.
that’s what you get for under 20 million these days. It’s a punt. He’s got raw talent and athleticism and looks to be holding his own as it stands. Can he go up through the gears it remains to be seen but in cases like these I’d rather stay quiet and be pleasantly surprised than be mouthing off at the first sign of any little issue just to look like I know more about footballer development than I actually do.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
that’s what you get for under 20 million these days. It’s a punt. He’s got raw talent and athleticism and looks to be holding his own as it stands. Can he go up through the gears it remains to be seen but in cases like these I’d rather stay quiet and be pleasantly surprised than be mouthing off at the first sign of any little issue just to look like I know more about footballer development than I actually do.
Perhaps this thread should only have been opened after 18 months.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Perhaps this thread should only have been opened after 18 months.
That’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying writing him off over the first few months of a long contract is silly. He may provide value for us in a few different ways over the years without ever becoming a top player and he may also still become a top player. If we sell him at any point it won’t be for a huge loss. One thing I will say is at his age he could probably do with another full season of football somewhere instead of being a bit part player here.

Gordon S

He's not remotely similar though. Buttner was very quick and quite skillful in attack, but ultimately he was horrendous at defending and had a loose touch. So far, Malacia is yet to show much going forwards, but his first touch is very good, and his defending is quite decent. He's not a patch on Evra, mind you, but he may develop.
I wasn’t totally serious, more like, young, promising, relatively unknown LB from the Dutch league moves for a smaller fee to United. Good attitude, pretty quick, decent passing, but struggles to adapt to a stronger league. Fully agree with your description!
I think Malacia has more to his game than Buttner, even if he had a better whip on his cross iirc:drool:
Evra was one of the best LBs in the world for a couple of seasons and i think those comparisons are more about style than ability.

OmarUnited4ever

Tenacity and attitude being his greatest attributes. Then his first touch and short passing. Not sure about his speed. Looks quick enough, but no prime Evra. Lacking in attack.
He is supposed to be quick, very quick, I think his issue sometimes is that he is easily bypassed with body feints and the basic stop and run trick which makes it seem him being slow.

and Yes, lacks in attack contribution, but I think under Ten Hag, he is instructed to tuck into midfield to help Eriksen and stay back rather than be up and wide.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't think he was anywhere near as bad as you are all making out? I thought he had a pretty solid game tbh.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
He still has things to learn, and will be a better player as season's progress, but none of us know his ceiling, and how good he could become.
One thing I can thank him for already, was his tenacity and attitude during the Liverpool game, and I'm pretty sure that it was his desire to win, and never give up which got the crowd and his team mates going, and for us to record a very good victory. He played well for a couple more games, then I believe he became fatigued, and had to drop out, enabling Shaw to come back in and start playing really well again, possibly due to Malacia's efforts.

sillwuka

I think many initially thought he would run Shaw close for the 1st team spot but it's apparent he's not on his level.

Plenty of time to develop and offers no less than Alex Telles. We should persist with him as our back up lb.

Devil81

He can play right and left and he has also shown signs he can slip into midfield as well.

Every squad needs a utility player and Malacia looks like that's his role at this time.

ScholesyTheWise

I'm also one of those who think he's perfectly fine as a squad player.
He's had great games and underwhelming ones,

but it's not like he's nowhere near our level.

Bought him cheaply, has a great attitude.... what's to disapprove?

Irwin99

Maybe he's been told to concentrate on the basics a bit more; we all saw the good (against Liverpool) and the bad (against City).

Bondi77

He cost 15mil and is backup to Shaw and he has improvement in him and I am sure Erik will be working on that.....what's not to like?

Status
Not open for further replies.