Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I actually care more about the fact that he will be sitting on the bench in his prime if this keeps up. Perhaps he should've gone to Lyon after all.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I actually care more about the fact that he will be sitting on the bench in his prime if this keeps up. Perhaps he should've gone to Lyon after all.
Bro man why do you hate him so much. Was he your neighbor and he smashed your window with football or summat? he's young, give him some time. His first several games were impressive.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Bro man why do you hate him so much. Was he your neighbor and he smashed your window with football or summat? he's young, give him some time. His first several games were impressive.
Hate him? I love him more than all United fans combined :lol:

He's just not THAT good Im afraid.

I do like being called bro man, it sounds bad ass. Like Point Break.

Last edited:

Bondi77

That is what happens at big clubs.
If he wanted to play every week he should have stayed where he was.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He’s got the perfect conditions to succeed and it’s really on him if he doesn’t make the most out of it. In charge is a Dutch manager that rates him. There’s every indication that Ten Hag starts players based on performance not reputation, hence Ronaldo, Maguire and Sancho being dropped, and even Casemiro at the start.

If he can’t impress then it really is on him. It’s not like Luke Shaw has nailed a place for the last 8 years. For large parts Young, Blind and Telles competed with him.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He’s got the perfect conditions to succeed and it’s really on him if he doesn’t make the most out of it. In charge is a Dutch manager that rates him. There’s every indication that Ten Hag starts players based on performance not reputation, hence Ronaldo, Maguire and Sancho being dropped, and even Casemiro at the start.

If he can’t impress then it really is on him. It’s not like Luke Shaw has nailed a place for the last 8 years. For large parts Young, Blind and Telles competed with him.
I know it is on him. He's a decent player with a fantastic attitude and one of the greatest dudes to play for my club, but I think he's not a world class player and never will be. And as such, I think he'd be better off doing his thing at a slightly lower leven than United.

It might seem like Im giving him flak, but as a Feyenoorder you learn to love players even if they arent the greatest ever :wenger:

Wing Attack Plan R

He's not remotely similar though. Buttner was very quick and quite skillful in attack, but ultimately he was horrendous at defending and had a loose touch. So far, Malacia is yet to show much going forwards, but his first touch is very good, and his defending is quite decent. He's not a patch on Evra, mind you, but he may develop.
Interesting, your take. My view is that Malacia has actually shown a lot going’s forward and not enough in defense.

NoPace

I know it is on him. He's a decent player with a fantastic attitude and one of the greatest dudes to play for my club, but I think he's not a world class player and never will be. And as such, I think he'd be better off doing his thing at a slightly lower leven than United.

It might seem like Im giving him flak, but as a Feyenoorder you learn to love players even if they arent the greatest ever :wenger:
I'm genuinely not sure if a FB like Malacia is better off starting 15 games and subbing on 20 times for United per year, but getting 25-30 starts every 3rd year or so due to an injury to Shaw, or playing 40 ish games for a mid-table side.

TheReligion

Abusive
That’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying writing him off over the first few months of a long contract is silly. He may provide value for us in a few different ways over the years without ever becoming a top player and he may also still become a top player. If we sell him at any point it won’t be for a huge loss. One thing I will say is at his age he could probably do with another full season of football somewhere instead of being a bit part player here.
Well said!

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

There's nothing wrong with a player like that being a squad player at a club like United. He doesn't have to be the next Roberto Carlos to be a good contributor to future success and to have a great career.

Our fans will love him if he can be the next John O'Shea/Phil Neville/Rafael da Silva.

NoPace

There's nothing wrong with a player like that being a squad player at a club like United. He doesn't have to be the next Roberto Carlos to be a good contributor to future success and to have a great career.

Our fans will love him if he can be the next John O'Shea/Phil Neville/Rafael da Silva.
There really is some Evra in him, he just lacks Evra's incredible burst so almost surely won't be a star.

But should be a good backup LB for us for a long-time, though he might get frustrated when we replace Shaw with a fancy new model in 3-4 years, barring injuries from Shaw.

In some ways, Alvaro doing well but slowly like similar tall, attacking LB [Irrelevant point] (but without the murder) might not be bad for him. If he's willing to go on say another Champo loan next year then a La Liga or Prem loan the year after, he could come back in 2.5 years, we sell a 30 year old Luke Shaw and Malacia and Alvaro battle it out.

Bondi77

The only footballing similarity I see between Malacia and Evra is that they are both left footed.
If he was really good he would not be playing second fiddle to Luke and would be demanding to be picked but that would be the same for any player.
The facts are we bought a young player from a weak league but with good potential to strengthen the squad and in a position where the main player does have his fair share of injuries.
From what I have seen of him so far he is a better defender than Telles but needs to work on his attacking game and I am sure Erik is working on that so he has a good platform to progress.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

Yeah that's fair enough I suppose.

Marwood

He's no Evra.

If I was to compare him to any ex player it'd be the Quinton Fortune that ended up a left back.

El Jefe

He's pretty bad.

The energy and desire is great but take that away and he's another AWB.

Lassitude42

Contributed little going forwards but was OK defensively. All in all a solid performance and I think the criticism is harsh

Abraxas

He was alright. Overall he's kind of playing like a 15 million signing. Not bad but not outstandingly good. He's a squad man for now, nothing wrong with that.

Telsim

Decent game from him. For someone rather young, cheap, and coming from an inferior league he has adjusted well to the physicality and intensity of the PL. Questions remain about his overall quality though. Plenty of room to grow.

kundalini

Erratic performance. Wasted a decent crossing opportunity early on, good shot that was saved onto the post, booked. Good cross field pass, a poor touch lost possession, 3 tackles + 3 interceptions.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Erratic performance. Wasted a decent crossing opportunity early on, good shot that was saved onto the post, booked. Good cross field pass, a poor touch lost possession, 3 tackles + 3 interceptions.
Booking was a bit of a joke, got to the ball first, and if anything, the Forest player kicked him. Think he only got booked because of the antics of that player.

Betson

Decent enough tonight , don't think he is first choice when everyone is fit but he has been a good signing considering the price we paid and his age , a lot of potential and he is doing well in first season here, but still learning his trade.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
People here is crazy. He had a good game.
Beats me. Had a good first half, and a poor start to the second half which I think people remember, but he did do alright later on in the game even if he did seem erratic. I'm assuming he's playing above his level, which is why we see those moments once in a while. Hopefully he'll adjust to the level because his mentality and talent is there, imo.

Sylar

He was lax a few times , which was annoying. He wasn't the only person at times doing that. He did ok but has had better performances.

Olecurls99

Doesn't look up to the pace. Lost a lot of 50 50s and seems a bit weak and slow. He had a lot of switch offs too. Our 4th choice right back based on form for me.

Rossa

Doesn't look up to the pace. Lost a lot of 50 50s and seems a bit weak and slow. He had a lot of switch offs too. Our 4th choice right back based on form for me.
I was going to write the opposite. Previously, I haven't been impressed by his pace, but yesterday he looked very quick both in terms of top speed and acceleration. His energy levels are also very high even after 90 mins. He's small, so he will struggle with some players in terms of physical battles, but he is tenacious and has shown on multiple occasions that he gets back up and is able to get back into the fight, which also shows his acceleration.

Not a great game, but decent enough.

NoPace

People here is crazy. He had a good game.
Absolutely. His positioning and movement when we had the ball really stuck out (positively) to me. Played well, better than Wan-Bissaka, Had a good positional relationship with Eriksen and Rashford out left. Brennan Johnson did nothing. Not sure what people think a good game at LB looks like. He tucked in really well and did quite well in the half-space.

BorisManUtd

Should start him vs Everton and Charlton anyways. But in the league, against better team than Forest, I think performance like his last night would give us much trouble.

Wolves 0:1 Man Utd
One of his best games for us IMO. After a few scary moments against Adama he really locked him down. Had a few really impressive moments tracking and winning the ball back as the secondary defender. Still doesn't offer nearly as much in possession as Shaw but a good backup for sure.

Sylar

One of his best games for us IMO. After a few scary moments against Adama he really locked him down. Had a few really impressive moments tracking and winning the ball back as the secondary defender. Still doesn't offer nearly as much in possession as Shaw but a good backup for sure.
Yeah thought he did well v adama overall. Hardly remembered he was on the pitch for wolves. Defended well especially near the end

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I love the little fecker, he is apways one of most involved players and basically one of our main playmakers whenever he plays, and he just came into the side. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.