Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I'm actually sort of happy to see him on Tuesday, not because of the Stoke match but I want him to be tested in some game where shit matters more than a pre-season.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Not based on performances but I still maintain as I did when we signed him that He was an utterly pointless signing near enough to €40 million for a player we don't even need.

We should've used that cash elsewhere at fullback or RW.

el3mel

I want to see his abilities of building up the play and nice passes from the back in the CL game. We brought him for this reason so he should be doing it.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
I'm optimistic. We certainly need to strengthen at the back. But we could have gotten bonucci for the same fee. And would have instantly improved us

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Fair enough. Thought you were going off his performances for us.

In that case: Lindelof Out!
No, he deserves his chance as every new player does. And he will get it too sooner or later. But from what I have seen, I think he is a bit average myself. Not really too good defensively, bit passive, weak, not particularly fast or good in the air, decent on the ball. Might as well kept Johnny Evans.

izec

Awaiting his performnce tomorrow. Hope he has a good day, i will be watching closely and tearing him apart if he disappoints :smirk:

Kostur

海尔的老板
I didn't even think that was as close to a penalty as the commentators made it seem.
It wasn't. People like to overblow shit with Lindelof ever since that idiotic tackle against Madrid.

Very good game from him, good on the ball, don't think he put a foot wrong either.

NinjaFletch

It's weird how much commentators are led by narratives and how much they feed them too.

He was perfectly decent today, nothing particularly special, nothing particularly bad because he had virtually nothing to do.

Yet the commentators were banging on about him looking a bit dodgy and having loads to do to get up to standard and stuff which must have been based on the fact that he has been left out recently.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Good game from him, though there were couple of dodgy moments. His distribution is good.

Bwuk

Some of his passing was very good.

He was fine. Don't understand why Hargreaves was so critical.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
On the ball he looks good, defensively though jury is well and truly out

AR87

It wasn't. People like to overblow shit with Lindelof ever since that idiotic tackle against Madrid.

Very good game from him, good on the ball, don't think he put a foot wrong either.
Only thing I didn't care for was the 1 cross in the 2nd half he didn't challenge for in the air with any conviction against van Wolfswinkel.

I think we'll see him show more on the ball as he gets comfortable.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
It was a good game for him. Will get better and better. Jose knows his defenders.

Hojoon

Yup, if a player goes down ages after a player makes the tackle then the referee will most likely not blow the whistle as more often than not it's clear that it's the attacking player who manufactured the contact. He was fine, although I don't think we'll see him for a while.

Zoo

He wrapped some nice passes into the forwards and overall it was a decent first game for him, granted it's hard to judge against such opposition.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Yup, if a player goes down ages after a player makes the tackle then the referee will most likely not blow the whistle as more often than not it's clear that it's the attacking player who manufactured the contact. He was fine, although I don't think we'll see him for a while.
Yeah, Jose is easing him in so it's fine for me, probably see him against Burton.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
It's weird how much commentators are led by narratives and how much they feed them too.

He was perfectly decent today, nothing particularly special, nothing particularly bad because he had virtually nothing to do.

Yet the commentators were banging on about him looking a bit dodgy and having loads to do to get up to standard and stuff which must have been based on the fact that he has been left out recently.
Agree here. There's definitely a narrative being built around him as was the case when De Gea first came over here where everything is scrutinized.

All in all Lindelof had a couple of dodgy moments but one good tackle.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
looked very nervous with the ball under very very little pressure the whole game, not aggressive enough when the ball went into the bo and then threw himself to the ground to give away a sure penalty if the striker didn't get up.
For all the things to criticize him for...
He had a good game, that tackle was nowhere near a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.