Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dir Wangem

Good overall performance, but he's too easy to dribble inside and around the box. Had Elyounossi gone down, then it would definitely have been a penalty. Silly tackle.

DizeeGorilla20

He looks terrible so far in my opinion and no, I don't care about how Evra/Vidic supposedly had bad starts too.

WelshManc

Yer I thought he was decent tonight, didn't have much to do but what he did have to do he done well.

el3mel

Decent when having the ball in his leg, has good passes and built the play from the back well, but he still looks really shaky in defensive situations tbh.

Nick7

Had a good game, people seem to be prepared to crucify him for anything they can think of. "Nervous on the ball" being one of them. Probably the single most bizarre conclusions about a match I've read.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good game from him, didn't do anything wrong... Clearly the better player between him and Smalling tonight because he can actually do things on the ball. He's a good player, just will need time for the prem. It's fine.

GM K

Today, I saw the potential of Lindelof. That kid is going to be a great center back. No doubt about it.

He was a bit shaky and dodgy once or twice but overall he showed some qualities that indicate he can become very good if he gets good game time.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Not a challenging game but did well and looked comfortable.

Crashoutcassius

I'll have to watch his individual highlights when someone makes them but for someone who is at the club because he is a ball player and was under so little pressure the whole game I don't think he looked the part again - defensively looked poor then. I guess I think that should have been a peno though and some people don't think it should have been

YouOnlyLiveTwice

His passing from the back is certainly something we have lacked for a while.

I do think he looks a bit slow/sluggish when closing down opponents, maybe that's just me. Enough time for him to improve though.

EyeInTheSky

Agree here. There's definitely a narrative being built around him as was the case when De Gea first came over here where everything is scrutinized.

All in all Lindelof had a couple of dodgy moments but one good tackle.
I thought he had a number of sublime passes to start off the attack into midfield and into the strikers which was refreshing considering we have been horrendous at doing that for season upon season. However, he did have a number of dodgy moments with fluffed clearances and hesitation.

work in progress. The passing will be another dimension to us and if anyone can make a player out of him its Jose.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
He was excellent on the ball, particularly in the first half. Highest passing accuracy on the pitch, in fact. That's despite playing a few long balls which all found their man. Defensively he did fine in the first half. Second half he had that sliding tackle which was silly and another time when he was last man and panicked a little but nothing came of it.

I want to see him more assured, assertive in his defending. He has a tendency to stand off passively. Obviously the man has vision, he likes to point to his team mates where to play the ball. He did play the offside trap successfully at least twice from what i remember, that was nice. Cleared a few crosses with his head.

He did fine tonight, nothing special though. I like that Mourinho is easing him in, letting him get familiar with the team and playing at Old Trafford.

AdnanRED

Blind didnt look great either when first going into defence because of his frame and speed but has done a job for us a numerous amount of times.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Keeps switching off that is worrying! Decent overall but brain freezes is worrying.

OL29

Cansee definitely see his talent, looks very good on the ball. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

izec

He is still shaky defensively, and that was against a poor Basel side. Imagine him against Liverpool with Mane and Salah, he would get torn to pieces. He really isnt good in 1 vs 1 situations, Giovanni dos Santos already showed his biggest weakness in pre season.

Sylar

Kinda reminds me of early Luiz days. good on the ball but defensively a bit shaky.
Saying that, important minutes for him as we know hes going to play game day 2 in Moscow.
Hopefully the clean sheet gives him a huge boost.

Jib

A young Bonucci, good on the ball but shite in 1 vs 1 situations.

Denis79

Good overall performance, but he's too easy to dribble inside and around the box. Had Elyounossi gone down, then it would definitely have been a penalty. Silly tackle.
It's because he has some trouble with his positioning at times. Puts himself in awkward positions occasionally and makes things look harder than they actually should be.

izzydiggler

No reason to doubt he could grow to be a great player but he's been pretty dreadful so far IMO. Usual caveats apply such as age, pressure of moving to a new country etc but based purely on (limited) performances, there has to be some worry/doubt.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Did Mourinho really meant he will play Lindelöf in midfield, like he said in the post-game press conference? The reason being he's the best with the ball from the back against teams that sit back… Or was it a mistake, and he was just emphasizing using him the Premier League?

Morpheus 7

I think he needs a partnership with Bailly or Jones. Smalling makes me nervous, he created so much unnecessary panic at times tonight. I think Victor has a good pass and vision but needs work with his physicality. Smalling is the wrong person at the moment to put along side him, he looked like he was making his competitive debut. Victor seems to be brushed off the ball a bit too easy, I can see why Jose is hesitant to throw him in the premier league. He needs time to build himself up for the tempo, league cup next week is a good start. Far to early to be highly critical.

RedCurry

He's actually very good with the ball. Has the confidence to play the ball forward with pace. Needs to stay on his feet inside the box though.

Looks more of a midfielder than a defender to me.

Golden Nugget

I thought that was a penalty - I'd be annoyed if that was a United player and that wasn't given. Other than that, I thought he was good enough - although not really tested much. His passing really impresses me though - there was a cross to Fellaini that was brilliant - did great to spot the run and even better to execute it.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's actually very good with the ball. Has the confidence to play the ball forward with pace. Needs to stay on his feet inside the box though.

Looks more of a midfielder than a defender to me.
I thought the same. He will do well as a defensive midfielder or a rightback IMO. He's very good on the ball, but defensively is a bit faulty.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He needs to relax and loosen up. He looks so stiff sometimes! A promising performance, but he has to come out of this shell and be more authoritative.

rampo

I think he did very well on the 'pushing forward with the ball' and 'distribution' bit of it. Just has to adjust a bit to PL's aggression. I think he will be more than fine

Kostov

Solid performance from Lindelof, lets hope he builds on it and improves. The so much talked tackle and penalty incident was rash and stupid, luckily the Basel player stayed on his feet, it was never a penalty but if the opposing player decides to go to ground you give the referee no choice.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I thought he was decent. Not expecting him to acclimatise as quickly as Bailly did (though nobody expected that of Bailly either).

I can see him being amaze-balls in a 3-5-2 should we ever play that.

ants7

It was encouraging performance from the lad who has been off the pitch for quite a while in order to adapt. If he keeps this up, he'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.