Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Obiorahking_

His matches for Sweden U21, Sweden national team and his matches in the Champions League last season.
You are judging a player's talent based on their national team performances?For a shitty national team? Really? By your take Harry Kane and Dele Alli are third rate talents.

Me and you must have been watching different CL games because he was very promising in CL, albeit he he made some mistakes here and there but I'd wager his CL performaces was watch drew the interest. He made breakthrough CL team of the year ffs.

Are you saying it's irrelevant when you leave for a bigger club? Are you serious? A year or two is perhaps not so relevant in life if you're 25, 30 or 35. If you've existed for only 18 years in total though… a year or two makes a major difference. I stand firm on that point, 14–16, perhaps even a year younger, is the absolute optimal time to put in that extra-gear of a young player's development. For a number of reasons, puberty being one of them. This is the short time of window which can basically help set (not by itself, along with genetics, naturally) your physical conditions for the rest of your life.
Not sure I understand the logic of this point. People are scouted for their talent and potential...what does puberty have anything to do with it? If you are good, you are good regardless of your physical condition.

I never said that Sweden's football system is bad. My original post regarding Sweden's track record touched on the subject of world class centre-backs that emerge from the system in place
You most definitely inferred it. You said Sweeden's football system has been fallen off in recent years and given that me and you know that Sweeden's system has never been anything special relative to other countries, its only logical to infer that you meant Sweeden's football system is bad which contributed to the reason why Sweeden's track record for CB's is poor. Yes? But you also said that that very system contributed to the player he is today who is a pretty decent young defensive prospect playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world. So there is definitely a hole in your argument.

Shuriken

You are judging a player's talent based on their national team performances?For a shitty national team? Really? By your take Harry Kane and Dele Alli are third rate talents.

Me and you must have been watching different CL games because he was very promising in CL, albeit he he made some mistakes here and there but I'd wager his CL performaces was watch drew the interest. He made breakthrough CL team of the year ffs.
Yeah, we must have. I suspect you've only read afterwards that he had some good performances and was in some team of the season. Your judgment also seems very clouded for some reason. Whatever that reason is, you seem sure that he's locked on for success at this level, and you're letting it interfere with how you evaluate him as a player. He's had one supposedly good season.

Not sure I understand the logic of this point. People are scouted for their talent and potential...what does puberty have anything to do with it? If you are good, you are good regardless of your physical condition.
That's fine as you don't seem to understand too much to begin with in general.

Though, I did suspect that part would also be above your intellectual level at forehand. Like pretty much everything else I've written. Read up a little about physiology and along with that specifically about how the physical development through the years of puberty can affect your dito later on in life. Also, I didn't name any reason as to why he was scouted, I referred only to the individual's platform to develop physically. I repeat: try reading.

You most definitely inferred it. You said Sweeden's football system has been fallen off in recent years and given that me and you know that Sweeden's system has never been anything special relative to other countries, its only logical to infer that you meant Sweeden's football system is bad which contributed to the reason why Sweeden's track record for CB's is poor. Yes? But you also said that that very system contributed to the player he is today who is a pretty decent young defensive prospect playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world. So there is definitely a hole in your argument.
I stand by everything I've said and no, no hole in my argument. The only hole is still in your understanding and seeing the bigger picture. Stop wasting my time.

Obiorahking_

That's fine as you don't seem to understand too much to begin with in general.

Though, I did suspect that part would also be above your intellectual level at forehand. Like pretty much everything else I've written. Read up a little about physiology and along with that specifically about how the physical development through the years of puberty can affect your dito later on in life. Also, I didn't name any reason as to why he was scouted, I referred only to the individual's platform to develop physically. I repeat: try reading.
I refuse to take advice from someone who got in my inboxes, called me a bunch of names and threatened to rearrange my face should I ever go to that shethole of a country Sweden over a freaking 22 year old player!

luke511

I refuse to take advice from someone who got in my inboxes, called me a bunch of names and threatened to rearrange my face should I ever go to that shethole of a country Sweden over a freaking 22 year old player!
Wow :lol:

Jaybomb

He'll be class for us. I know he will.

And he can blast the free kicks too :drool:

manunajted

Pics or it didn't happened :devil::lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It doesn't seem too surprising that this "Shuriken" geezer is now banned :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
On another note, seems sensible to play him next on Wednesday. Continue the easing in process.

poacher

I hope he develops into a world-class defender, however, I am not optimistic. Yes Lindelof is good on the ball and has a great attitude but he simply doesn't look like a good defender. Passing out from the back is a good skill to have but his primary role is to defend and thus far he looks shaky and looks like he's got a rash tackle or penalty or two in him. I hope I am wrong but I feel we missed a trick by not buying Aymeric Laporte instead of Lindelof. Laporte has all the passing and on the ball composure that Lindelof has but combines that with good solid defensive work. Former Manchester United player Wes Brown said you judge a defender by how he handles himself defending one on one and on that metric Lindelof certainly does not fill you with confidence. Bailey is excellent but he needs a reliable center back partner.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Sweden and their thing for rearranging... IKEA, shame on you.

I hope he develops into a world-class defender, however, I am not optimistic. Yes Lindelof is good on the ball and has a great attitude but he simply doesn't look like a good defender. Passing out from the back is a good skill to have but his primary role is to defend and thus far he looks shaky and looks like he's got a rash tackle or penalty or two in him. I hope I am wrong but I feel we missed a trick by not buying Aymeric Laporte instead of Lindelof. Laporte has all the passing and on the ball composure that Lindelof has but combines that with good solid defensive work. Former Manchester United player Wes Brown said you judge a defender by how he handles himself defending one on one and on that metric Lindelof certainly does not fill you with confidence. Bailey is excellent but he needs a reliable center back partner.
Sure but similar thing was with Bailly before he met Mourinho and we still didn't see one critical feck up in a competitive game from Lindelof.

fergiefan78

Lindelof is used to playing to confident, attacking football against nervous teams.. at a lower level. He's also a very attacking centre back.. and his quality shines when he's sending long balls to the channels while the team is already dominating.

He needs to study the way Ferdinand played, hang back and stay on his feet more. We have four good centre backs but none of them are veterans. We need to let one of them go and bring in someone like Alderweireld, because even Bailly is making mistakes lately.

Kapardin

Too early to say. But just might be a first dud of a buy by Jose. He didn't have a great reputation or anything when we bought him anyway.

At the very least, he is not better than Smalling or Jones.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
It's not too early. He's not good enough for Manchester United. Will be off, or rather should be off next summer barring an injury crisis.

Stringer

He looks awful. I know it's early days but he looks nervous even against this dross.

acnumber9

Even at this level he looks shite. I don't know where this myth he's good on the ball came from.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Of course it’s too early to judge. But he shouldn’t start in the PL barring an injury crisis.
Keep him in the cups and the occasional CL game

Baxter

What's this? His third game? feck me, talk about giving him half a chance to settle in.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He's lacking confidence at the moment, clearly. I'm sure Mourinho will manage this situation just fine and I'm sure Lindelof will show he's a good player.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
he looks good on the ball and just needs time getting into the defence.

overreactions on the caf are so fecking annoying

Denis79

Give it some time before judging. He seems very poor so far but not everyone can do a Bailly and jump in like a boss straight away. He might do well or not, only time can tell.

poacher

What's this? His third game? feck me, talk about giving him half a chance to settle in.
He also played preseason games and looked equally shaky. I can't believe how poor this guy is. We should have got Laporte or Jonathan Tah instead. Maybe he could play in the midfield because he doesn't look like a defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.