Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martial

He looks out-of-depth against a side who were a fecking league one side last year.

He is a centre-back who cannot head the ball. I swear the goal we conceded started when he couldn't even head a ball out that was straight to him.

He cost us 35 million pounds, at least players like Klavan only cost 4 million.

WhoDaGOAT

He plays like what I imagine Herrera would serve up at CB.

Maybe try him in midfield next time he plays.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He played a lot like Lovren which is fairly worrying.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I just don't see it with Lindelof. I would say both Fosu-Mensah and Tuanzebe look better.

If you can't look dominating and in control against lower league opposition...

People keep saying he'll adjust. Did Kleberson adjust? Did Djemba-Djemba adjust? Did Obertan adjust? Not everyone gets better with time.

English football isn't suited to everyone. Lindelof's handling of aerial threats makes me wonder if we're just a bad fit for him.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I've never seen a centeback as bad as he is in the air, can he ever win a header? He either gets outjumped or misses the ball completely.

Pointless signing rather just keep TFM or give Axel a go.

FujiVice

Not going to shit on him to much, because he's young and needs time etc., but he hasnt impressed in any aspect of his game in the few performances so far. Passing, speed, decision making, heading, positioning, nothing you can point to and go "there's raw talent there." Like, I know he's young and all that, but you'd expect him to show a bit of evidence of this potential he supposedly has. Especially considering we have youth players who have came in and impressed way more than this.

Revan

Assumptionman
I think that this season is a write off for him anyway, and he will be valued in what he does next season. But still, this performance was totally awful. He somehow looks like a combination of Lovren and Stones. When they are at their worst.

Paul_Scholes18

Think people read far too much into individual games. With that said I am from Sweden and I never did see any special talent in Lindelöf when we signed him. Didn't think it was a signing we needed, but I think he will improve no doubt and Mourinho usually does well with central defenders. I think people here overreact strongly on the few bad things he has done. It was the same with Rojo at the start although I do think Rojo is a better defender overall than Lindelöf I can easily see people being turned around with only minor improvements from Lindelöf.

izec

As soon as he got mugged by Dos Santos in the pre season friendly in his first game, i started to worry about him. One drop of the shoulder and change of direction and he was so completely out of the game, for a CB from Benfica and Sweden it was a bit embarrassing. He needs to improve massively if he wants a starting spot, not just with headers.

OneUnited24

Think people read far too much into individual games. With that said I am from Sweden and I never did see any special talent in Lindelöf when we signed him. Didn't think it was a signing we needed, but I think he will improve no doubt and Mourinho usually does well with central defenders. I think people here overreact strongly on the few bad things he has done. It was the same with Rojo at the start although I do think Rojo is a better defender overall than Lindelöf I can easily see people being turned around with only minor improvements from Lindelöf.
This.

Jose said he will need time a few weeks ago which is why hes using him sparingly. He has a habit of holding players back in the first team to get them ready both physically and mentally. I'm sure the lad will come good, even if at the moment he looks poor.

Sylar

If we rating him on a game by game basis, he wasnt great today. He was probably at fault for a few of Burtons chances (and a better attack takes advantage).
I also think Tuanzebe is a better defender than him (much calmer).

I know this may seem harsh, but id like to see him next to a defender thats not Smalling. Sometimes a partnership is just not made to be and him and Smalling do not work. (Right now I think hes our worst defender so its not meant to be an excuse for him cos he should do better- but at the same time I dont think we should write him off either)

Alabaster Codify7

I wanted him to look good, but being honest, Lindelof so far has looked really, reallllly shit.

Terrible. I don't care if he can pass well. His defending is awful and his last two games have been against poor opposition. I don't see much of a future for the guy here, if any. The most worrying thing about him for me is I can't see a single part of his game/skillset that will give him an edge - he isn't some physical monster who MIGHT become a better footballer. His skills are laid bare already - he's a tidy passer. Unless he puts on a lot of muscle and becomes dominating (which doesn't seem to fit with his character), he's never gonna improve to the level we need. He's weak, nervous, and makes glaring mistakes.

We've paid 30m for a 5th choice CB, 6th even coz Axel looks way better.

Oh well, some transfers don't pan out.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Terrible? Oh please. He looks like a good player with a few things to work on. I can think of many defenders who started worse than this, including some who went on to be fantastic for the club.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I wanted him to look good, but being honest, Lindelof so far has looked really, reallllly shit.

Terrible. I don't care if he can pass well. His defending is awful and his last two games have been against poor opposition. I don't see much of a future for the guy here, if any. The most worrying thing about him for me is I can't see a single part of his game/skillset that will give him an edge - he isn't some physical monster who MIGHT become a better footballer. His skills are laid bare already - he's a tidy passer. Unless he puts on a lot of muscle and becomes dominating (which doesn't seem to fit with his character), he's never gonna improve to the level we need. He's weak, nervous, and makes glaring mistakes.

Ive saved this to use against you in the future for comedic relief.

OneUnited24

The guys a starting international and come from a weaker league. He’s going to take time to adapt.

Sorry there’s some Over the top posts but this one takes the cake

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Looks devoid of any confidence at all to me. Like the move, and transfer fee, is weighing heavily on him.

Either that, or he's an absolutely terrible player who can't even do the basics.... and if that were the case I just don't see us stumping up £40m for him.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
We're actually quite stacked at CB once Rojo returns, we even have Blind who can fill in there competently enough. So we can afford to wait to ease him in when/if he's ready. On the other hand it does make you wonder what the point was in buying him at all.

Hed Zitin

Looks crap. Can't sugar coat it. Hopefully he turns it around.

Worried about him in terms of challenging for headers though. Looks awful.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Happy to give him a season to settle, but he looks pants unfortunately. Didnt get excited when we signed him, seen absolutely nothing since to change that.

Paul_Scholes18

We're actually quite stacked at CB once Rojo returns, we even have Blind who can fill in there competently enough. So we can afford to wait to ease him in when/if he's ready. On the other hand it does make you wonder what the point was in buying him at all.
I personally like a big squad though. We really have plenty of good options right now. With Young showing good form I am far more fine with our fullback options as well. He can do really well as an attacking fullback.

With Martial and Rashford finding form I can't say I badly feel we need to improve any areas. A left footed winger with pace could be great, but the team we have can do really well. With Zlatan coming back we will have good options up front as well.

seaNNN

my posts are shite but my gobbles are alright
Wow id even swap him for last seasons stones at this stage

Roboc7

He is better player than he has shown so far and too early to write him off.

However I question logic of signing him when we have tuanzebe and tfm, hopefully he will improve.

Can7onA

He needs time but my god does he make some strange decisions.

Watching him live you can see that he doesn't take up the right positions for a defender, it's like he's either 5 yards in front or drops off too much. I watched him lose a header he should have won all day and then get skinned 2 minutes later by Championship level players!

Give him time but nowhere near the first team for a while please.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Terrible? Oh please. He looks like a good player with a few things to work on. I can think of many defenders who started worse than this, including some who went on to be fantastic for the club.
Yeah, there’s glimpses of a good defender there but he looks horribly unsure of himself. Which is making him look bang average. Very early days though. Rojo turned out alright and he looked shite for far longer than this.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Yeah, there’s glimpses of a good defender there but he looks horribly unsure of himself. Which is making him look bang average. Very early days though. Rojo turned out alright and he looked shite for far longer than this.
I said a couple of weeks ago he looked nervous and today you say he looks "horribly unsure of himself". I think we both mean the same thing. Victor isn't the same player he was three month ago.

I don't know what it is but the guy seems lost. Even the basics looks complicated. Maybe he has some mental blocks, I don't know but something is it. The guy we saw yesterday is miles away in quality from the Victor Lindelöf I saw against France in June, that's for sure.

Martial

I don't think Rojo ever looked shite when played at centre-back tbh.

I remember loving his aggressiveness in tackling which was such a contrast to our team's tame style of play under Van Gaal. He then got injured early-on and never got a look-in again at centre-back until Jose.

Bulldogg

I'm not too stressed atm we didn't buy him to be a starter so its not like we have to play him. If he doesn't adapt to English football in say a year no biggie we sell him take a bit of loss and keep it moving. He's basically our 5th CB we also have Blind that can play CB also so i'm not loosing sleep over Lindelof.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Way way too soon to say but he's looked poor so far. He may come good with a few months training. People are way too quick to write players off. Luckily for us there's no real pressure on him to step straight into the side at the moment. Whatever happens he'll improve a lot or he won't see much game time, either way, we are going to be ok : )

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I just don't see it with Lindelof. I would say both Fosu-Mensah and Tuanzebe look better.

If you can't look dominating and in control against lower league opposition...

People keep saying he'll adjust. Did Kleberson adjust? Did Djemba-Djemba adjust? Did Obertan adjust? Not everyone gets better with time.

English football isn't suited to everyone. Lindelof's handling of aerial threats makes me wonder if we're just a bad fit for him.
Vidic did. Forlan did. Evra did.

Not all of those are relevant but Lindelof has the attributes. He's not exactly wrapping them all up and putting a bow on them at the moment though.

New country, new language, new home, new team mates. None of these should have an absolute impact on the basic things he's getting wrong but he needs to be given time.

If we'd made him a starter and had lost games already it would be a concern.

He cost in the same region as Sakho let's not forget. We can cut him some slack.

Obiorahking_

Main reason why I'm hopeful despite his run of dubious performances is Rojo. He looked like crap since he got here until last season where he finally showed his potential. I think the same can happen with Lindleof if we give him time. Besides, we are in no rush. We have 4 very good CB's to keep us satisfied in the meantime.

Faetheshire86

He looks like Blind... when he has one of his bad games. Blind has 5 good games at centre back, then throws in a stinker where he miss judges the flight of the ball, gets out muscled, makes poor passes.

On the plus side Lindelof is young and has hardly kicked a ball for us. I'll happily give him a year or two to settle, he isn't costing us, we aren't reliant on him so I don't see the harm. People so desperate to write him off as a dud, is crazy.

AgentP

He reminds me of Stones when he moved to City. Praised for his passing but then plays stupid passes and gets the team into trouble. He doesn't look like a natural defender to me. He just doesn't seem to have that instinct. We should still giving time of course but I don't have too much hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.