Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetrooooo

When Zlatan returns; He will make this guy tough as nails or kick him in the head.

peridigm

Is there a thread about his missus complaining about the price of a box at OT?

poacher

His gf has said on a podcast that the prices of renting a directors box is disgusting, but you're seen as a loser if you don't. :lol:
Maybe the boxes are expensive because the money is used to pay 120k per week for bench warmers like her husband. Seriously Lindelof is playing so bad at the moment that his WAG should probably not create too many waves. BTW $82k for a hospitality box is only 5 days of Lindelof salary. We would probably have been better off signing Lindelof's missus as she seems to have bigger balls them him.

We need an rvn

Maybe the boxes are expensive because the money is used to pay 120k per week for bench warmers like her husband. Seriously Lindelof is playing so bad at the moment that his WAG should probably not create too many waves. BTW $82k for a hospitality box is only 5 days of Lindelof salary. We would probably have been better off signing Lindelof's missus as she seems to have bigger balls them him.
By the way, 80k is a stupid amount of money no matter how much you earn for a 1 season hospitality box. Maybe she's just more in touch with reality than most wags who are happy to spend spend spend. Plus she didn't criticize us that much at all to be fair and said it was an amazing experience as a credit to the club, just a lot of money.

Also, don't forget evra and vidic were shite for the first 6 months and now are fan favourites if not more.

criticalanalysis

Maybe like Miki, he's a system player with good individual attributes but like Miki last season, he's finding it tough where he doesn't have the same kind of support/team style he had before.

It's why players like Bailly can fit in anytime; he had the physical attributes and mental strength to just play his game regardless.

He just needs games and to find that moment where it clicks in his head. He will realise we don't play zonal and he will need to deal with everything himself in terms of his own man, clearing his lines, making the passing options, covering etc.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Maybe like Miki, he's a system player with good individual attributes but like Miki last season, he's finding it tough where he doesn't have the same kind of support/team style he had before.

It's why players like Bailly can fit in anytime; he had the physical attributes and mental strength to just play his game regardless.

He just needs games and to find that moment where it clicks in his head. He will realise we don't play zonal and he will need to deal with everything himself in terms of his own man, clearing his lines, making the passing options, covering etc.
How can he not realise we don't play zonal? He's trained enough months with us to get that.

Camilo

Everyone makes mistakes but Lindelof just looks poor. He is very poor one on one with an attacker, is poor in the air and looks like a red card or penalty waiting to happen. Compared with the CB Chelsea purchased or Spurs or looking at Laporte, Jonathan Tah, Kostas Manolas or any number of CBs in Europe Lindelof just looks poor. I understand taking time to settle but he simply doesn't even look like a decent defender let alone a great one. Imagine if we had signed a first-team defender instead of Lindelof then we wouldn't have to rely so much on Jones and Smalling and instead one of them could have been sold.
Why on earth would anyone want Jones or Smalling sold? I don't get why people are so desperate to move on perfectly good defenders for a fantasy of an expensive foreign pairing.. I'm not sure there's a team in the world that Jones wouldn't be starting for..

criticalanalysis

How can he not realise we don't play zonal? He's trained enough months with us to get that.
It's not so much knowing but rather how to change his game/style due to it. The way we play and the way the Premier League is that you get exposed more and get asked to do things more as an individual.

It's why Rojo, Jones, Bailly can flourish because they understand they have to take the initiative first and after that comes the support. There's plenty of situations where if you're not sure or go half hearted you will get punished or lose the first phase, which means you're already at a disadvantage. E.g Closing down space, getting touch tight, protecting the near and far posts, not letting the ball bounce and going after the second, third and fourth balls etc. In a way, he needs to use his brain less and get physical/athletic instantly. Look at Valencia, who does all the basics at a high tempo and makes him more than half way there being a Utd defender.

SAFicus

Is he playing poorly due to nerves which are due to everyone telling him he isn't ready? I get the feeling that if we end up with injuries and have to throw him in he will come through.

At the moment I think it's all in his head and people need to show they have faith in him (which he should know purely due to the fee paid to bring the lad in, but, footballers.)

Fensa#08

He is not playing well and actually I am little bit worried for him as he looks like a antother flop.I know its early to say and he needs time to adapt but for now he doesnt show promising signs or certain quality.

The only thing that goes in his favor is that jose knows how to pick his defenders, centre backs to be precise.I dont think jose has ever failed in judging a cb, so maybe he is right with lindelof.However let's not jump to conclusions, he needs the time to adapt, we've seen it with many players and micky last season and i hope for a positive outcome.

Bailly and Jones are quite good for now(until jonses next injury), so no worries for lindelof :)

Akshay

Staff
Why on earth would anyone want Jones or Smalling sold? I don't get why people are so desperate to move on perfectly good defenders for a fantasy of an expensive foreign pairing.. I'm not sure there's a team in the world that Jones wouldn't be starting for..
I don't want Jones sold, but this is hyperbole. He's not even certain to hold down his spot in our team for the season, let alone walk into every other XI in the world.

With Smalling and Jones people have seen what they can do and what their weaknesses are, and they're unlikely to improve. Lindelof is new, young and has potential. It's got nothing to do with being a foreigner.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
It's not so much knowing but rather how to change his game/style due to it. The way we play and the way the Premier League is that you get exposed more and get asked to do things more as an individual.

It's why Rojo, Jones, Bailly can flourish because they understand they have to take the initiative first and after that comes the support. There's plenty of situations where if you're not sure or go half hearted you will get punished or lose the first phase, which means you're already at a disadvantage. E.g Closing down space, getting touch tight, protecting the near and far posts, not letting the ball bounce and going after the second, third and fourth balls etc. In a way, he needs to use his brain less and get physical/athletic instantly. Look at Valencia, who does all the basics at a high tempo and makes him more than half way there being a Utd defender.
Marking people is not some complicated facet of a players playing style. You're taught how to mark as children. The way you talk about it is as if he has some deep problem where he can't seem to understand or adapt even the most basic concepts like marking.

criticalanalysis

Marking people is not some complicated facet of a players playing style. You're taught how to mark as children. The way you talk about it is as if he has some deep problem where he can't seem to understand or adapt even the most basic concepts like marking.
Long story short using the cliches and generalising, perhaps his game was a bit of brawn in a mostly contintental style league whilst playing for the most dominating team.

Over here it's far more competitive plus the added pure ferocity and atheleticism in the game. It's not he doesn't know certain things, it's more like he's not used to it at this tempo.

That doesn't even take into account other things like mentality, ability etc.

What I was saying is that he 'simply' just needs to get stuck the feck in and feel his way into the game. Like Baily and Rojo did. The same way Shaw needs to.

Minimalist

Made a good run out from the back in the second half I noticed. Aside from that he was solid.

Glory Glory Denis Irwin

Glory Glory Denis Irwin
Looked good tonight, was the best of the three centre backs out there.
Only downside is I've noticed he doesn't look the bravest of defenders. When you see replays of shots from the opposition he is always trying to get out of the way of them instead of blocking them like Bailly does.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Only downside is I've noticed he doesn't look the bravest of defenders. When you see replays of shots from the opposition he is always trying to get out of the way of them instead of blocking them like Bailly does.
Noticed that too.

Very good on the ball. Best performance yet and good that he's going to have an opportunity to develop without being slung in the deep end.

el3mel

That was better than the previous game against Burton. Still shaky at some moments but loads better today.

Minkaro

I think De Gea gave him a bollocking for that after one of them.

On the plus side, he seems to be good on the ball, saw a few nice passes from him tonight.

Paul_Scholes18

Thought he played really well today. Sure they didn't have much, but he should have credit for this game like the rest of the team. Might start now soon in the league with Jones injured although Smalling has done well so might be picked ahead of him.

JMack1234

Very good performance tonight and hopefully a sign that a corner has been turned and that before too long we'll be seeing in the start XI. Looks a class above on the ball and having him and Bailly at the back would be a joy espeically since at their age that could our centre back partnership for a quite a few seasons to come.

Wayne's World

Looked much assured compared to other matches and was winning most of the headers against his attackers.

Can only get better but happy with him tonight

Devil may care

They didn't offer much of a threat but he dealt with any defensive situations well enough and his distribution was excellent.

Sylar

I think he could be very important as a CB against those teams who sit back against us (eg at OT). His passing / distribution is lovely. I liked that one moment where Lukaku found him in the second half and he bombed forward. Wanna see more of that and him basically becoming another CM to push our actual CMs further forward.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Well that's more like it. Combative in the air tonight as well as excellent on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.