Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lentwood

Let's go with Rojo, Lindelof and Smalling against Basel - I think that could work quite well and let's face it, the only way is up for the lad, literally couldn't get much worse!

haram

There is a player in there. Unfortunate with the slip but I really do trust Jose, especially with CB's. His clip into Lukaku (?) was great.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I’m sure I read somewhere that he can also play right back.

He surely can’t be any worse than Darmian as Valencia’s backup?

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
He'll come good and be a decent player for us at least,but some people seem sure he'll be world class, what is that based on? I feel his ball playing ability can be top notch when he regains confidence but other than that he posseses no special qualities.

Alabaster Codify7

He'll start today I reckon. And if he doesn't play well, Ill be convinced he isn't up to the job. Brighton should be an easy day at the office for a Man Utd CB

RedDevilRoshi

My only main hope with Lindeloff is that I remember when we signed Vidic and he looked very dodgy in his first of couple of games. The rest is history as he became the best defender in the league and our captain.
Really hope Victor develops in a similar pathway.

Man Utd 1:0 Brighton

Fergies Formula

Can’t wait for the day that we realise that thus guy is not, and will not, be a top class defender. He is so weak and has no outstanding qualities. His inclusion and purchase blows my mind every time I see him play.

I don't want to jinx it but he looks alright today so far. Certainly more assured than the others in the back line.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
This is the kind of game where we need our centre back to push up and contribute in attack. I'm not counting on Smalling to do that (he already struggles with running while passing the ball) so it's on Lindelof.

Chillosophy

This is the kind of game where we need our centre back to push up and contribute in attack. I'm not counting on Smalling to do that (he already struggles with running while passing the ball) so it's on Lindelof.
Needs to be coached though, hard to know what Mourinhos instructions are :(

Home&Away

Ppgba is playing so deep because this guy cant make a damn pass forward longer than 5m.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Fairly impressed with him today, dealt decently with the very physical Murray. Hopefully more of the same in the 2nd half.

Home&Away

That’s because Brighton is deep on the ball.
I could agree with that but he takes no responsibility on the ball whatsoever. There is nothing in front him. Dribbles forwards ends up just passing to smalling or at his best either matic or ppgba when they come so deep.

SirAF

Ageist
Can’t wait for the day that we realise that thus guy is not, and will not, be a top class defender. He is so weak and has no outstanding qualities. His inclusion and purchase blows my mind every time I see him play.
What? He’s been fine today - his passing and calmness on the ball is ready made for playing shite teams at home.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Either Lindelof or Smalling need to step in front of their (Brighton’s) forward to stop the ball coming in but both are sitting in too deep and allowing the ball to come into feet. Very poor from both.

Home&Away

Because Pogba is not playing deeper than he usually is, what you've written is quite weird and pretty much got nothing to do with Lindelof.
Bailey who isn't a ball playing defender comes forward. It makes a big difference to where ppgba initiates our attacks.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Bailey who isn't a ball playing defender comes forward. It makes a big difference to where ppgba initiates our attacks.
And neither Smalling nor Lindelof are Bailly, I'd say we're sitting deeper with defence today than we usually are which must obviously be the match instructions. Him running with the ball won't change much given that Matić will have to drop off to cover for him. Generally speaking, it's our fecking 'wingers' who were meant to play some magic stuff when played at the same time need to step their shit up because Young is making both of them look like shit today. And I'd say not for the first time.

Fergies Formula

A lot of you have lowered your expectations on the standards required at united, obviously this has occurred through these sad years of mediocricy. I will not accept the quality in players such as lindeloff, Darmian, lindgard etc.

SirAF

Ageist
A lot of you have lowered your expectations on the standards required at united, obviously this has occurred through these sad years of mediocricy. I will not accept the quality in players such as lindeloff, Darmian, lindgard etc.
I’m glad you are taking care of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.