Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Yep, no idea. He's done nothing wrong and I haven't been a fan of him myself. Bit of a hypocrisy, give players their credit when its' due.
He's doing better in physical battles, deals with aerial balls quite well, is composed on the ball.

He was absolutely woeful when he first came, but he looks to be getting more accustomed to the league.

IAmAWinner

Really love those proper old-school hard get stuck in show em you're there tackles. Great performance today, very aggressive.

Zoo

A lot of you have lowered your expectations on the standards required at united, obviously this has occurred through these sad years of mediocricy. I will not accept the quality in players such as lindeloff, Darmian, lindgard etc.
Give it up Lindelof was good today.

Man-United

He was much better the second half, but I think that is making people forget how much he was struggling in the first. Hopefully the improvement as the match wore on is a sign of things to come though.
He wasn't struggling at all in the first. One of our best players already then.

el3mel

He was much better the second half, but I think that is making people forget how much he was struggling in the first in physical engagements. Hopefully the improvement as the match wore on is a sign of things to come though.
I didn't see any physical struggling from him in the first half.

Very solid from first to last minute.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He was much better the second half, but I think that is making people forget how much he was struggling in the first in physical engagements. Hopefully the improvement as the match wore on is a sign of things to come though.
Yeah Murray was bullying him for most of the first half to the point where Smalling had to move out of position to guard him and allow Lindelof space to be free.

He grew into the game in the second half which is good to see.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Excellent performance from him, happy that Mourinho is giving him time unlike most of folks on here.

He'll be a huge asset if he can keep this up because his quality on the ball is miles better than the other defenders in our squad.

Chillosophy

Some people are incredibly set on having Victor as the scapegoat. These people will rate a 8/10 performance as 5/10 simply due to how much he has struggled in the start of the season. He was one of the best players today and didnt have a poor first half either.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He wasn't struggling at all in the first. One of our best players already then.
I edited the post to specify that he was struggling in physical battles.

I didn't see any physical struggling from him in the first half.

Very solid from first to last minute.
The Brighton striker held him off incredibly easily every time the ball went up to them. To be fair, even Smalling was struggling to get the better of him in those duels, so it's not surprising that Lindelof was struggling.

el3mel

I edited the post to specify that he was struggling in physical battles.

The Brighton striker held him off incredibly easily every time the ball went up to them. To be fair, even Smalling was struggling to get the better of him in those duels, so it's not surprising that Lindelof was struggling.
I didn't notice anything of that tbh. Didn't notice their striker getting the best of Lindelof during the whole game, contrary to the previous games.

Canagel

Someone needs to post a gif of his tackle in the 2nd half. Timed to perfection.

Clas Sified

Excellent game today, and that tackle was just magnificent. Great cherry on top of an already impressive game; long may such games continue.

El Jefe

His best game for us, he played really well. While he isn't the strongest, he tried to be aggressive and assertive.

I think he's realising that to be a CB in the PL you need these qualities.

haram

Looked a lot more confident and brave. We should not write him off.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Certainly a plus from this afternoon

Maybe those thinking we should sell him after 5 appearances should give him a little more time

AkaAkuma&

Played well today, had to defend a lot more than expected but held his own. Just hope that he can grow into the game more and replace Jones(who is the injury king of United).

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Murray is a big, strong awkward and experienced striker. Criticising Lindelof for the fact he managed to hold the ball up a few times is taking nit-picking to ludicrous extremes.
If it was 'a few times' I'd agree, but it was pretty much every time Brighton got the ball and hit it up to him.

In saying that, the main focus should be on the second half which is by far the best Lindelof has played for us so far. Hopefully that's what he needed to get his confidence going and he can keep improving further.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
That crunching tackle could be the break he needed. As weird as it sounds, to have people cheering you like that must really get the groove going.

Good performance in amongst a shower of shit.

Bobski

Murray is a big, strong awkward and experienced striker. Criticising Lindelof for the fact he managed to hold the ball up a few times is taking nit-picking to ludicrous extremes.
Yes, that is how Murray has made an excellent career for himself. He is very good at holding the ball up, establishing position and using his strength. Mentioned it in the Smalling thread but too often people seem to expect perfection from defenders. They are up against very talented and hungry players, going to have moments when the forward gets the better of them.

rio's upper lip

Brighton's best and most dangerous plays came as a result of Murray successfully peeling off Smalling and Lindelof and playing it wide. He actually did it a few times in the first half. Nothing ludicrous about criticizing that.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
@GifLord gif of the tackle? Was at the game so only seeing it once would be a terrible thing.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Brighton's best and most dangerous plays came as a result of Murray successfully peeling off Smalling and Lindelof and playing it wide. He actually did it a few times in the first half. Nothing ludicrous about criticizing that.
You think there’s a defender in the league who can stop Brighton from doing that at any stage over 90 minutes? Must be some player.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Absolutely.

The majority of our problems today were from wide areas. Smalling wasn't doing a lot, but can't see any way to criticise Lindelof today. Under the circumstances, I put him down at my MOTM.

Will Absolute

Why are people calling him "Lindeloff"?
Is this some joke i have missed?

I guess i should at some point have gotten used to people not being able to spell our players' names after living through: Raphael, Janusai and the Lindegaard/Lingard problems....
Don't be so sensitive, Grot.

Status
Not open for further replies.