Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAF

Ageist
I was too nervous to do any analyzing during the match.. but I can't remember berating Lindelöf - that's good enough for me today!

wiz4231

Actually thought he was the best of our 3 defenders.

Getting better and better.
He had an okay game, didn't cost us but to say the better defender of the three is ridiculous. The amount of times arsenal players got past him was shocking and out of the three he was the worst in the air. That's not saying he had a bad performance, Smalling was the best, Rojo second and Lindelof third

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
He had an okay game, didn't cost us but to say the better defender of the three is ridiculous. The amount of times arsenal players got past him was shocking and out of the three he was the worst in the air. That's not saying he had a bad performance, Smalling was the best, Rojo second and Lindelof third
He was clearly better than Rojo, without any doubt. Smalling was good but also had some shaky moments which is understandable considering that Arsenal really tested our backline and played some excellent football at times.

Felt Lindelof was the most composed one in general.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Might have been wrong about this guy, I had given up at one point.

Would still like to see him do well in a classic back four though, so far his best performances has been in a back three.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
He seemed to have settled as of now. He sits tight on his targets not making rash decisions, is more proactive in cutting short opponents passes, also looks again much more confident in initiating attacking play with Blind-like ambitious attempts. Victor's aerial game is still probably his biggest weakness, but I'm looking forward to seeing him improve on it. For me he was again, for the second time in a row, the best defender out of our back three.

Last edited:

AshRK

He is the best ball playing defender we have. I also like how he doesnt commit silly fouls. I see a very good defender in him. Good performance.

Djemba-Djemba

I hope those who wrote him off after TWO MONTHS are ashamed :lol:
Aye

He started very poorly but we've had legendary defenders do the same.

I'm not saying he'll go on to be as good as Stam or Vidic but he looks good. 3 at the back suits him I think, gives him leeway to play the ball out.

SirAF

Ageist

He started very poorly but we've had legendary defenders do the same.

I'm not saying he'll go on to be as good as Stam or Vidic but he looks good. 3 at the back suits him I think, gives him leeway to play the ball out.
Yeah, definitely. I'm pretty confident that he'll be, at the very least, a decent squad player.

Nickosaur

Might have been wrong about this guy, I had given up at one point.

Would still like to see him do well in a classic back four though, so far his best performances has been in a back three.
I know what you mean re: doing well in a back four. But after a tough few months I'm genuinely chuffed at his recent performances. Very interested to see how he continues to develop this season.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I’ve been very critical towards him, I still have doubts (particularly aerially) but I can admit that he’s been looking so much better after a bit of confidence and a run of games. He’s still only 23 and has a lot of potential to become the player we need him to be.

Devil may care

Yes that could also be playing a factor. For Benfica, did he use to play in a back 3 set up?
No, usually just a regular flat back 4, and he has had a couple of decent performances for us in that formation as well in fairness, I just think the back 3 is a good system for him to settle in with and get more game time.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I still believe that moment he clattered Knockaert was a defining one.

The crowd went mental for it, and things like that can really make or break a player.

Has been excellent since the internationals.

Bojan11

Was very good in the first half.. But we fell to deep in the second.. Very solid performance from him..
Why are you blaming him for falling deep? Strange comment to make in his performance thread. Not his fault is it.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Posters wanting him sold and writing him off after a couple of games were idiots

I’ve no idea if he will end up being a good player for us or not, but the lack of patience with fans is shocking

Darkhorsez

No, usually just a regular flat back 4, and he has had a couple of decent performances for us in that formation as well in fairness, I just think the back 3 is a good system for him to settle in with and get more game time.
Here’s hoping he continues his good play! Thanks for your thoughtful responses.

Aza Boy

Still shite. If it was not a magical play by DDG, we were surely been roasted. No speed at all that is for sure. And ball playing defender my ass, he looked panic like a victim of Titanic while being bombarded by Arsenal players.

Next week will be a challenge match for him. Against all skillful attackers of Shitty.

Hope our wing backs can hold Sane and Sterling and our midfielders can tame KdB and Silva.

Backrow Singer

He was mixed at times but he's improving. Put under some real pressure tonight for large periods of the game but held his own. Made a couple of mistakes but as a team, Jose puts a lot of trust in De Gea with his midfield selections and the centre backs inevitably have some pressure put on them. He covered that area admirably today because Arsenal kept trying to pull him wide and exploit the gaps centrally but credit to our lads, they kept getting back.

Halftrack

Still shite. If it was not a magical play by DDG, we were surely been roasted. No speed at all that is for sure. And ball playing defender my ass, he looked panic like a victim of Titanic while being bombarded by Arsenal players.

Next week will be a challenge match for him. Against all skillful attackers of Shitty.

Hope our wing backs can hold Sane and Sterling and our midfielders can tame KdB and Silva.
:houllier:

N2402

hes shite, did you see when he left the ball to go out for a corner when he wasn't sure who had the last touch instead of putting it in row Z,

automaticflare

Thought he was shaky to be honest

All 3 of our center halves were

Also what the feck is up with the slicing clearance there was about 5:6 of them today from our back 3

This is not a new phenomenon for them either
How can a professional footballer not be able to just put just boot through the ball
Doesn't even have to go towards someone just a clearance

Slice slice slices caused about 2/3 goalmouth scrambles today

RedDevilRoshi

Jeez, he kept one of the best attacking players in the league very quiet and some think he played crap?

Strats

His task was to keep himself close to Sanchez to close him down. Not an easy task, I thought he had an excellent game.

A few shaky moments. Think he was best when we were down to 10, some very good headers and clearances, considering his aerial ability is considered weak

Halftrack

hes shite, did you see when he left the ball to go out for a corner when he wasn't sure who had the last touch instead of putting it in row Z,
"Made a minor mistake at one point, he's shit."

At this point you're actively looking for mistakes so that you can use them rubbish him, aren't you? Must be killing you that he's been doing well over the last few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.