Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Classical Mechanic

Best in the defense despite being out of position at right back.
Bloody hell Gus he was rubbish like the rest of them. Pathetic on the first goal when his starting position was ahead of Vardy and conceded Leicester’s best chance in the first half when he let McGuire run of him and nearly score.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Bloody hell Gus he was rubbish like the rest of them. Pathetic on the first goal when his starting position was ahead of Vardy and conceded Leicester’s best chance in the first half when he let McGuire run of him and nearly score.
Let's just disregard the clearances he made especially Fuchs shot which was a goal-saving block.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
It was a shot right at him! Even so, one block doesn’t make up for grave defensive errors.
If noone is there it goes in, no? Can't remember the Maguire situation you're referring to. For Vardy's goal he should have anticipated the danger better but that one is more on Jones.

Kapardin

I thought he was okay. Nothing extraordinary, but not Darmian levels either. Solid 6/10.

He definitely wasn't the reason we drew, for sure.

Classical Mechanic

If noone is there it goes in, no? Can't remember the Maguire situation you're referring to. For Vardy's goal he should have anticipated the danger better but that one is more on Jones. Tonight's blame should go more to our fecking stupid attackers.
It was a decent block but regardless of Jones he was pathetic on that move. They had a free kick which they chipped in Lindelof let McGuire run of him and he was clean through on goal, McGuires control let him down and it went into De Gea hands.

The defenders and attackers both let us down today and he was a part of that IMO.

MadMike

Played well as an emergency RB.
Nothing to complain about.
Agree. Defended well. Obviously he's a CB so he's not gonna be bombing down that wing. Did people expect him to turn into Dani Alves just cause we put him at RB or something?

kundalini

He was asleep for Maguire's chance from the free kick in the first half, apart from that I thought he was fine. He was marking Gray on their first goal, though perhaps could have abandoned that and run back faster, though Jones clearly at fault for that goal.

dronesoul

Superb for the first goal...

This guy is crap.
Weird, considering he wasn't at all at fault for the first goal.

I thought he was good as a defensive RB, we obviously lost some edge but he was awake and did some very good early pressuring on their midfielders. Helped steal the ball high up the pitch several times, which is crucial for maintaining the grinding pressure effect.

In the other games he's been dominant in similar ways. Winning ball high up the pitch, extending pressure, and at least one time the stolen ball attack led to a goal. I'm guessing he's lurking a bit higher up the pitch when in attack, to be able to use his passing qualities. I like how he plays. He doesnt give a shit who he plays, basically.

Acole9

Outstanding
I got criticised for this a couple of weeks ago but when a team attacks us he jogs!!! This match is the third time I've seen him do it now.

Jaybomb

Apart from that first goal he did well.

Why was he used as a RB though? I don’t understand that. Just play Luke Shaw when he’s available. We didn’t fecking win anyway so what difference would it have made? In fact it feels like a loss.

joedirt87

I thought he did well defensively, going forward he doesn't offer a god dam thing but that's not his game.

Red_toad

I have no idea. Lindelöf has consistently been the better of the centre backs when he's played.
Er no he hasn't, he's recently picked up some form after being awful. So where you get he's consistently been our best centre half from is mind boggling.

Gusjaros

Supports
Several teams
Er no he hasn't, he's recently picked up some form after being awful. So where you get he's consistently been our best centre half from is mind boggling.
No, a more correct description is that he started off awfully against Huddersfield. Did ok against Newcastle and been the better centre back since Brighton. In other words out of six EPL matches as a centre back he's been the better in four, decent in one and awful in one.

Red_toad

No, a more correct description is that he started off awfully against Huddersfield. Did ok against Newcastle and been the better centre back since Brighton. In other words out of six EPL matches as a centre back he's been the better in four, decent in one and awful in one.
He's not once looked our best defender in any game he's played thus far. Decent on the ball, can pick a pass, but not good on the air and decidedly slow. I don't know how you can say he's done anything consistently in such a limited amount of playing time at United, he's been a underwhelming signing so far. But he's got time on his side. Personally would rather we promoted from within, as we have a youngster who has looked more the part a United player in the few chances he's been given.

Mickson

He's not once looked our best defender in any game he's played thus far. Decent on the ball, can pick a pass, but not good on the air and decidedly slow. I don't know how you can say he's done anything consistently in such a limited amount of playing time at United, he's been a underwhelming signing so far. But he's got time on his side. Personally would rather we promoted from within, as we have a youngster who has looked more the part a United player in the few chances he's been given.
This.

Gusjaros

Supports
Several teams
I took the freedom to compare Lindelöf's ratings with the other centre backs in his matches following the match versus Newcastle United.

These are Manchester Evening News player ratings since the Newcastle match. Ratings are pretty obvious here. Lindelöf have been outperforming other centre backs since the Newcastle match.

Brighton
Lindelöf: 7
Smalling: 7

Watford
Lindelöf: 8
Rojo: 4
Smalling: 5

Arsenal
Lindelöf: 6
Rojo: 5
Smalling: 6

CSKA Moscow

Man City
Rojo: 6

Bristol City

Leicester City
Smalling: 5
(Jones: 7)

Averages
Lindelöf: 6.7
Smalling: 5.8
(Jones: 7)

Red_toad

I took the freedom to compare Lindelöf's ratings with the other centre backs in his matches following the match versus Newcastle United.

These are Manchester Evening News player ratings since the Newcastle match. Ratings are pretty obvious here. Lindelöf have been outperforming other centre backs since the Newcastle match.
Yes mate as obviously MEN ratings are fact and not opinion. Plus in half those games he's not rated as the better one, so still not consistently better. Keep trying.

Gusjaros

Supports
Several teams
Yes mate as obviously MEN ratings are fact and not opinion. Plus in half those games he's not rated as the better one, so still not consistently better. Keep trying.
It's obvious that a football expert's opinion is more factual than yours.

Red_toad

Yes mate whatever you like! But as I said the ratings do not support what you're saying half the games rated not the best doesn't make him consistently the best in the limited amount of game you hand selected. The Mirror had Jones as our best central defender v Leicester, rated Smalling and Rojo the same as him v Watford, does that make the MEN person wrong? It's all still down to opinion.

You like the player, good for you, I hope it makes you happy. He needs to improve an awful lot if he's going to make a long term career at United.

IMakeThingsUp

But if you are rated the same or higher in every game you are consistently better. Alas the samplesize is too small to make any clear conclusion.

Red_toad

But if you are rated the same or higher in every game you are consistently better. Alas the samplesize is too small to make any clear conclusion.
Yes but he was 50/50 so in no way consistently better, as you could also say consistently worse. It's all down to opinion. Lad has a lot of flaws, but he's under the best possible manager to iron those out (bar his lack of pace)

Classical Mechanic

There aren't any football experts working for the MEN lad.

Gary Neville said that if he ever writes an autobiography he is going to call it 6/10, as that is the ratings the papers gave him all the time no matter how well or badly he played.

Gusjaros

Supports
Several teams
Yes but he was 50/50 so in no way consistently better, as you could also say consistently worse. It's all down to opinion. Lad has a lot of flaws, but he's under the best possible manager to iron those out (bar his lack of pace)
How can you say that he's been consistently worse when he hasn't received lower ratings than his partner(s)?

Litch

At least he's got the excuse that it's his first season in the league, what's Smalling, Jones, Rojo et al...?

Status
Not open for further replies.