Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Bizarre situation. Can't really see VV clamoring to leave if he can pick up a 60k/wk for a bit of light training for the rest of the year.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
It's a disgrace how he's being treated, really. So ridiculously petty. Just release him if you don't want him, don't treat him like a leper.
We were basically letting him go for nothing. He is the one that rescinded talks with Besiktas. How is that our problem? If he was willing to go without a payout, we would let him go. However, he'll probably demand a payout on top of us letting him go. Its not us being unreasonable.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
It's a disgrace how he's being treated, really. So ridiculously petty. Just release him if you don't want him, don't treat him like a leper.
And what if he wants to stick around and pick up 50-60k a week for doing nothing? We were willing to sell him but he wasn't able to find a club. Not entirely our fault.

prath92

If he doesn't want to go to turkey I cannot blame him

If he wants to remain it the pl we should allow him to leave as we clearly have no need for him.

If you release him from the contract you pay up the the remainder no compensation
We can leave him to go to a PL club if we get a decent fee maybe. Why should we pay money to someone and cancel their contract to strengthen our rivals. No one does that.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I blame van Gaal for this situation, because frankly it's bit embarassing from club's point of view, but it's not like we are torturing him.
He is probably still earning lot of money doing nothing. He can always leave if he wants to, it's not like someone has put gun to his head and made him train with the reserves or something, he wouldn't be the first player to refuse to do it.

Akshay

Staff
I usually agree with a lot of things you say, but I don't agree with this. Players behave far too much like primadonnas for my liking. Everything has to be about him. United took a chance on Valdes when no one else was interested in helping him rehabilitate. In exchange, he was expected to play the role of no. 2 keeper which under LVG means you need to play reserve games now and then to maintain match fitness. It's not like Valdes is new to LVG's ways of doing things earlier.

When he didn't cooperate, he was given a PL game to "show himself" and then allowed to move to other clubs. He didn't get any offers he deemed suitable and thus chose to stay, knowing that LVG had publicly declared he wasn't integral to the squad any more. That's his choice and his responsibility. I can't think of any club which would let a player who had behaved in that manner move to a direct rival for no fee and still pay out his contract.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
now that newcastle have no keeper, they should be looking to take the likes of Valdes.

Clubs can still buy an emergency keeper outside the window unless I am mistaken

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Still can't believe that Victor fecking Valdes has gone from playing in the greatest Barcelona side ever to being 4th choice at United in the space of two years. It's not like he's old either, he still has at least 4-5 years left at the highest level. Insane.
He should have never accepted to be United no 2 in the first place. That's not a role for him

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Wel done Victor, played us well tbf. Barca cnut.
Played us well? Getting banished from even getting on the bench is playing us well? His agent not being able to find anyone else to sign him when everyone knew he wanted out and we would be glad to have him gone? At least two done deals falling apart and not because of anything United did?

izec

Played us well? Getting banished from even getting on the bench is playing us well? His agent not being able to find anyone else to sign him when everyone knew he wanted out and we would be glad to have him gone? At least two done deals falling apart and not because of anything United did?
Because we know what happened behind the scenes? All i know is that he got his paycheck regularly and wummed around on instagram. We know feck all the reason behind him not being able to find a new club.

C'est Moi Cantona

I mean what the heck was Valdes all about, it seems to me that LvG just used United as a platform to settle some old score with him, it was ridiculous from start to finish and has probably cost us £5 million +, yet LvG no doubt walks away blameless.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I mean what the heck was Valdes all about, it seems to me that LvG just used United as a platform to settle some old score with him, it was ridiculous from start to finish and has probably cost us £5 million +, yet LvG no doubt walks away blameless.
You are one step closer from finding him responsible for the climate change.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Worth every penny for the social media posts alone.

Not really, but for some strange reason I'll miss him.

C'est Moi Cantona

You are one step closer from finding him responsible for the climate change.
Rather large step I need to take from him bringing a player into a club that he clearly has had issues with already, to finding him responsible for the melting polar ice caps, and general warming of palent earth... But I'll work on it as I'm sure he's played a role in somewhere.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Rather large step I need to take from him bringing a player into a club that he clearly has had issues with already, to finding him responsible for the melting polar ice caps, and general warming of palent earth... But I'll work on it as I'm sure he's played a role in somewhere.
:D

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Wasn't a bad deal at the time with the risk of De Gea leaving and Monaco paying some of his wages I think. Valdes decided not to play reserve games which led to him being rusty and conceding a saveable goal which helped drop points at the end of the season, plus according to jb he argued with the staff and things fell apart there. But sure, blame van Gaal for everything.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It would be interesting to find out how much money we spent on him. What a pointless signing.

C'est Moi Cantona

Wasn't a bad deal at the time with the risk of De Gea leaving and Monaco paying some of his wages I think. Valdes decided not to play reserve games which led to him being rusty and conceding a saveable goal which helped drop points at the end of the season, plus according to jb he argued with the staff and things fell apart there. But sure, blame van Gaal for everything.
My point is he has managed him before so should have had a fairly good idea as to how he'd handle things if DDG was staying, or if he as asked to play for the u21's which he actually did if I remember correctly.

LvG is the manager and it's down to him to find out if a player fits his so rigid 'philosophy', it's not like Valdes's slightly hotheaded personality wasn't already known, LvG should have known if he'd fit better than anyone, so yes I will blame him for this, but maybe not quite everything as you claimed.

Last edited:

Oo0AahCantona

Nobody else think this was a shame? i still reckon he's a decent keeper and could have been a stellar no.2 for us, and much needed competition for whoever replaces De Gea. Having valdes on the teamsheet gives me more confidence than Romero.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Nobody else think this was a shame? i still reckon he's a decent keeper and could have been a stellar no.2 for us, and much needed competition for whoever replaces De Gea. Having valdes on the teamsheet gives me more confidence than Romero.
Me. I won't lose any sleep over it but the whole thing was handled poorly. Seems a shame that someone who'd won so much was treated like this.

Name Changed

weso26
A big shame. I refuse to believe it was all Valdes' fault either. He is so much better than Romero.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Wish it had worked out for Double V. We'll need him next season again when Dave's finally gone (& Louis could be too).

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
A big shame. I refuse to believe it was all Valdes' fault either. He is so much better than Romero.
I go by a person's track record, Victor has been a model professional whereas LVG has had a history of odd falling outs and belittling of players. Unbecoming of a club like United, IMHO

Woodzy

Would love to know he did to rub LvG up the wrong way (and i'm sure we will find out).

Not wanting to play with the reserves can't be it, surely?

iKeano

Would love to know he did to rub LvG up the wrong way (and i'm sure we will find out).

Not wanting to play with the reserves can't be it, surely?
If he didn't play for the reserves when asked, I'm quite sure the Utd legal eagles could have cancelled his contract with immediate effect due to a professional breech. The fact that Utd continued to keep him on the payroll leads me to think that's its the stubborn Dutch one at fault.... Yet again.

prath92

Wasn't There someone in the valdes unicef dinner thread who said that someone he knows at the club said the real reason was because he was undermining the coaching staff including Hoek and refused to train. I don't remember who but if that's true then The only fault of the club and management seems to be that they let the snake near the club.

Damien

Staff
Wasn't There someone in the valdes unicef dinner thread who said that someone he knows at the club said the real reason was because he was undermining the coaching staff including Hoek and refused to train. I don't remember who but if that's true then The only fault of the club and management seems to be that they let the snake near the club.
I've heard from a few people involved in the club that unsurprisingly the problem with Valdes wasn't just about his refusal to play for the u21s. He also had multiple rows with members of staff and with Hoek in particular and refused to do things he was asked to do in training because he thought he knew better but the final straw was when he began undermining Hoek with the other players. He was toxic to have around the squad so was removed from the first team picture but the club still have to fulfill their contractual obligations such as providing him with training. The sooner he's out of the club the better.

prath92

Yeah this. Cheers.

If this is true I don't think valdes was the 'model professional' that people think he is. And not another beating stick for ed and LvG .

Damien

Staff
@prath92, its because there's no text in my post, just quotes. As much as you try you won't be able to see anything by attempting to quote it. Just the way the software works. I do get an alert though that my post has been quoted

Status
Not open for further replies.