5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Louis has lost his mind with Rooney:rolleyes: As long as he accepts that if Rooney does not improve he will more than likely lose his job then I guess it's his problem. Shame that us fans who pay to go to the matches, and pay for subscriptions to Sky/Bt etc will have to put up with this frankly weird stance on Rooney. Talk about suicidal:rolleyes:

Rooney had better make me look bad today after my comment, but sadly I don't think he will:(
Carry on playing with a wrecked Rooney and we might not make top four.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I see everyone is complaining about our captain starting despite him being up there with martial as our best player against arsenal :rolleyes:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I still have hope, he can retrieve form.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Don't mind him starting, just hope he actually plays well against Everton at Goodison for a change. Needs to pick up form, if he can 15 league goals, which seems impossible at the moment, then we'd be in a great position to challenge for the title. He scores in streaks though -- hopefully he'll get one today, then go on a run. Otherwise it will look bleak.

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I think he'll be upfront with Martial on the left.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I see everyone is complaining about our captain starting despite him being up there with martial as our best player against arsenal :rolleyes:
You are pretty much only person who thinks that. Even van Gaal finally did something with him because he was awful in first half and moved him wide after so many games.

bosnian_red

You are pretty much only person who thinks that. Even van Gaal finally did something with him because he was awful in first half and moved him wide after so many games.
I should say well in comparison to the others. He was better then Memphis and young is injured. Not exactly sure who people would want to start above him today seeing as Memphis needed to go on the bench. Fellaini? feck that.

bosnian_red

Nice to see that you have a low benchmark for his performances as we do.
Well he still played better then the other attacking players and its not like we have anyone else to start ahead of him. Memphis needed to be dropped more then Rooney. Our only other option is basically fellaini as Young is injured. So he had to start

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Well he still played better then the other attacking players and its not like we have anyone else to start ahead of him. Memphis needed to be dropped more then Rooney. Our only other option is basically fellaini as Young is injured. So he had to start
I dont disagree that Memphis should be dropped..but using his performance against Arsenal as justification for a start is just wrong. Both him and Memphis have been quite poor.

For the record, Id rather have him than Memphis because he tracks back, especially against Coleman.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I should say well in comparison to the others. He was better then Memphis and young is injured. Not exactly sure who people would want to start above him today seeing as Memphis needed to go on the bench. Fellaini? feck that.
Well Memphis was terrible so that's not really good argument. Rooney hasn't played LW for about 6 or 7 years apart from 1 or two games per season, so I am not sure how exactly he started competing for that place again. I think that just shows how terrible he is as a striker or second striker this year because if he was at least decent we would play him there and Martial on the left for example.

Fellaini? Why not, everyone deserves a chance, especially if we have player in our first XI who is our worst player this year and plays in same position as Fellaini.

Minimalist

If he's shite again today (which seems likely) and LVG doesn't sub him - I'm officially done with my support for the manager. He's a coward if he allows this nonsense to continue.

itso 7

Predictably he's started but rather than bickering over what we can't change here is hoping he has a great match to shut us up for a week, at least.

bubbles_

If he is poor again and isn't taken off then questions really do have to be asked. I'm still fairly sure there are guarantees in his contract about playing time that hamstring the manager. fecking Moyes.

Everton 0:3 Man Utd

Minimalist

~20 minutes in and he looks much better on the ball - thank god for that. Maybe the rest over the international break has helped him.

Some nice movement and inter-play. Much better.

Minimalist

Yeah, seems like his start wasn't kept up in the game. Passes are very poor again.

Although in his favour, he's not the only one.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
We should not have to shift Martial out wide to incorporate Rooney. Martial is a better striker and a more viable threat to opposition defenders. We should not be rewarding bad performances as it does not send a good message to all the boys and girls watching us play.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Martial wasn't in the box and he chose to pass. A great run and he executed a good pass (for once) and Martial should have scored (granted), but simply put, that is the clearest indicator of a player short of confidence. A striker would always shoot in that situation and it didn't look remotely like he was ever going to.

EDIT - Same again in the attack just before the close of the half. Always looked to pass instead of heading into the box with one thought on his mind - shot. In the end a poorly executed through ball after dallying.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Much better today, despite losing possession a few times he's more involved and a lot more lively, encouraging to see.

Trizy

Three times he's had freedom to run at the backs and he didn't look like getting past them either time. Offered nothing but killing our attack time and time again.

MSL please.

MDFC Manager

He's actually putting in some effort today, unlike against Arse.

Still, not good enough in that position. Martial is being sacrificed on the wing to let Rooney play there.

binary bot
Martial wasn't in the box and he chose to pass. A great run and he executed a good pass (for once) and Martial should have scored (granted), but simply put, that is the clearest indicator of a player short of confidence. A striker would always shoot in that situation and it didn't look remotely like he was ever going to.
Nah it was a pretty awful angle and he had the keeper committed, good pass.

m1y2

he was alright in first ten minutes then came to complete shit again, LVG should get a grip and bench him, starting every game with ten men is not good philosophy in my view...

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Started well but his sloppiness half way through the half onwards was shocking really.....just so fecking careless with what should be simple passes.

Was at fault for breaking our rhythm on a few occasions

I'm finding it hard to defend him anymore. But we only have one other striker sadly

Status
Not open for further replies.