5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MDFC Manager

Is the whole nation supposed to collude in the notion that Wayne is still a brilliant player? Jesus Christ...
There's a reason I posted that thing about 'The Emperor's New Clothes'.
They are all building him up for a massive fall this year at the euros.

Ryan7

Is the whole nation supposed to collude in the notion that Wayne is still a brilliant player? Jesus Christ...
There's a reason I posted that thing about 'The Emperor's New Clothes'.
He's scored in every game this year. What more could you possibly want?!

Yes, some of the 5 members are Rooney, Colleen, van Gaal, etc.
:lol:

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
We will forever be making excuses for Wayne Rooney.

Not saying that Rooney hasn't been an awesome player in his pomp but is quickly becoming the most over hyped and the player with the most excuse attached to him in English football. There is always an excuse for Wayne Rooney for everything he does, just because we don't want to upset the "Great White Pele".

1. Whenever Wayne Rooney threw a tantrum on the pitch or acted erratically, they say it is because he is a street footballer and has a fire in his belly. So therefore let him be. False, He is not the only street footballer to grace the pitch as a professional. Many footballers from much humbler backgrounds had to learn football in less than suitable environments (especially South Americans and Africans) but you don't see them having some mythical fires in their bellies to play football. I coached a lot of young players and they say its not fair that Wayne can be excused for being angry on the pitch just because he is that good. Alan Shearer or Bobby Charlton did not need that attitude to play football. It's called mental strength and being a professional. What are we teaching our kids today?
  2. Wayne Rooney is the only top flight footballer that can get away with looking the way he looks. Before anyone goes on about genetics, I played football for many years, being into body building and into coaching. While genetics can play a part in weight gain, it is not enough reason for Wayne Rooney not to be in top shape most of the season. I have trained people who were clinically obese to lose up to 15kg in a month without any supplementation or paid gyms. I am not saying it is totally his fault but from a young age, it is clear that Rooney did not do his utmost best to be in the best shape that his body can be in. I cringe when I see fans have a pop at Ronaldo for taking extra care of his body, more so United fans having a go at Lampard by calling him fat, meanwhile this guy has played football at the highest level consistently for many years and doing great things. Or at Yakubu (like many African players, allegedly) playing into the in England while they are accused of being 5 to 10 years older than they admit. An apparently 40 year old Yakubu still moved well enough. Arouna Kone is another one who has been injured for the best part of 2 years with a knee injury but my word, this fella has done well do come back playing the way he is playing. He is also older than Wayne Rooney, officially. When genetics get in the way, it only means that you have to do more than the average guy to get by, and with all the available sport science, doing what you love and the money that goes with it, there should hardly be any excuse. I know some non-league footballers who spent their first earning to make sure they stopped smoking, drinking and not eat processed food. That is sacrifice. Earlier this year, the grand master that is Messi, admitted he cut out processed food to be better. Messi, taking steps to be better? Let that sink in. But with Wayne Rooney it is ok, as long as you can play a bit.
  3. Wayne Rooney is the only top flight footballer that needs at least 10 games to get into it, every season. I am so tired of this excuse. How bad must a high earning PL footballer be that he needs at least 10 games for everything. Everytime he has a dry spell, he needs another 10 games to find it again. Utter nonsense! Last season, Ronaldo did not score for 4 games, they said he needed a psychiatrist. Rooney does not score for 10 games, they say he is still finding his feet, the team, the manager and the formation are not playing to suit him. He is not Ronaldo or Messi, he should play around the team not vice versa. Even Fergie mentioned it but Rooney must never be dropped despite playing rubbish because he is on a 10 game road to getting it.
  4. Wayne Rooney can hold United to ransom for the 3rd time and get away with it. But Ashley Cole or Berainho or Adebayor does it, they should be burnt at the stake!
  5. It's a taboo to bring up how much Wayne Rooney earns because he is a great, loyal servant of United. I find this concept to be silly really. People act like Wayne hasn't cost financially. We took a gamble on a teenager for £28m, over 10 years ago! This guy has held us to ransom for money that he did not deserve, twice! I don't know how true but he threatened to go to City! We are just paying for his services and nothing more. I would have preferred if the likes of Giggs, Scholes or even Ronaldo did that to us but they never did. Yes, he is marketable but that is what United does for you. I know a lot of African born friends particularly from Nigeria who declared themselves to be Arsenal fans the moment they signed Kanu, even without ever watching a PL game. Its a mutual relationship.
  6. I am happy he scored, happier that we won but that goal or the performance did not warrant headlines like "Captain fantastic", MOTM, Team of the week. This is the kind of thing and in form Welbeck would do but no one would rave about it.
This is not an attack on Wayne Rooney, the quicker he turns it around, the better for us. I just think fans have been so blinded and have their expectations and standards lowered when he it comes to Rooney. My main problem is that he doesn't look like leaving anytime soon, we are stuck with him and this can only hinder our forward progression.
Good post.

Bwuk

Having a debate with a boy at my work today.

If you could have one of them for one season only, Prime Rooney, Prime Drogba or Prime Fernando Torres at Liverpool?

I would say Drogba > Torres > Rooney.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Having a debate with a boy at my work today.

If you could have one of them for one season only, Prime Rooney, Prime Drogba or Prime Fernando Torres at Liverpool?

I would say Drogba > Torres > Rooney.
Prime Torres for me, was the best around in 2008/9. I would also argue that Rooney of 2009/10 had more to his game than Drogba did in his prime though though the latter was more difficult to defend against. You can make a case for any of them though

Minimalist

Not much between those three if you're questioning who was better at their absolute best.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Wayne Rooney ~ England & Mass Self-Deception

Irrespective of what happens between now and the end of the season, Wayne Rooney will start for England at the European Championship in France.

How dispiriting.

Rooney’s status in English football is so insulated that he could limp through the rest of the campaign, contribute at a trace level, and still lead his country out in Marseille on June 11. It’s not a new situation and the Manchester United forward is hardly the first player to exist on his reputation, but that won’t make the impending scenario any less frustrating.

Some weeks ago, Roy Hodgson rather limply claimed that his squad is a meritocracy and that his captain, like everybody else, would have to win his place in the starting XI. It sounded good and it offered the superficial reassurance that the public craved, but there can’t be many who actually believe him or who think that Hodgson actually has the mettle for that fight.

And “fight” is right...
More:
http://www.umaxit.com/index.php/columns/man-utds-wayne-rooney-england-mass-self-deception

Man Utd 1:0 Sheffield Utd

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Utter utter dross.

Scores 1 decent goal and he's back in his comfort zone. Think will Keane would offer more than he does at present

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He's not had much to work with, to be fair. Everyone behind him has been just as bad.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Utter utter dross.

Scores 1 decent goal and he's back in his comfort zone. Think will Keane would offer more than he does at present
Nah, he's just completely finished. Every now and then he'll score a nice goal and some people will claim he's back, but look at the state of the chap. He plays like a 60 year old. Giggs at the end of his career looked a youngster in comparison.

NinjaFletch

Nah, he's just completely finished. Every now and then he'll score a nice goal and some people will claim he's back, but look at the state of the chap. He plays like a 60 year old. Giggs at the end of his career looked a youngster in comparison.
Yeah, this is it sadly. Its happened too much for it to be anything else.

m1y2

please gif that, 55th minute, rooney trying to play the ball round defender and oversprint him, so hilarious how shit he is, he wouldn't get into their side..

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
please gif that, 55th minute, rooney trying to play the ball round defender and oversprint him, so hilarious how shit he is, he wouldn't get into their side..
It was like the moment he thought he could go past Terry.

Someone should make a blooper reel of Rooney this season.

Sb_16

Eddie Howe has been singing his praise all game on my stream. Cringe worthy.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Eddie Howe has been singing his praise all game on my stream. Cringe worthy.
Tactical move to keep him playing for United?

Eddie's not that silly. Privately he must know. The rest of the world does too by now.

mav_9me

He can barely control a ball with his first touch. Every second touch is a scrambling effort to keep possession. Useless donkey.

Minimalist

It is getting rather insulting the amount of sympathy commentators give him, unlike any other player.

Are we all blind? Seriously, it would make more sense at this stage.

VP

His legacy at United is getting ruined..any fond memories of a wonderful career will be obfuscated by the steaming turd of this season.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
If any media outlet glosses over this performance because he scored that penalty they should be fecking embarrassed.

Ps thanks for scoring.

VP

Commentator on my coverage: Rooney provides so much more than goals.

This cover up is getting to conspiracy theory level.

Sb_16

Another one for the stat. He's having a statastical season.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
:lol:

Typical stuff.

He really knows how to win fans even when he's terrible, no doubt he will be praised for his effort too because he did that late tackle. :lol:

ottosec

Match winner, single-handedly won us the game. We're lucky to have him.

DocRockter

Good passes and good movement tonight.. And he won us the game. It's not his fault that he's got no one to pass to.. Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.