5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's playing well like everyone else apart from Rojo so far... People will be people and criticize though
What's he actually done? Other than be robbed of the ball twice and given away a couple of square passes. He's not winning the ball, setting the tempo of the game, getting players in behind or making dangerous runs forward from midfield. Tell me what you're seeing that we aren't?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
There was a time when the top players set the benchmark and standard for the rest of the team not try to match them. Standards eh?
Yes but he's not a world class player though is he? So why judge him as one? He's playing pretty well and is deserving of his spot in the team considering our midfield has been collectively shite this season, and the past few games he has put in better performances then most of ours this season so why not? Classic people on redcafe though, shit on him at every opportunity

bosnian_red

What's he actually done? Other than be robbed of the ball twice and given away a couple of square passes. He's not winning the ball, setting the tempo of the game, getting players in behind or making dangerous runs forward from midfield. Tell me what you're seeing that we aren't?
He's doing everything well so far, what's he doing poorly?

dichinero

Yes but he's not a world class player though is he? So why judge him as one? He's playing pretty well and is deserving of his spot in the team considering our midfield has been collectively shite this season, and the past few games he has put in better performances then most of ours this season so why not? Classic people on redcafe though, shit on him at every opportunity
I haven't said he's been bad just meh. I just think that our standards have dropped. Is it bad that my expectations haven't followed suit and dropped too?

ivaldo

What's he doing well? Thats the 3rd square pass we just witnessed Rooney give away there, as I said he's been caught in possession several times. He hasn't played a single telling pass, I don't think he's even won a tackle, he's a passenger.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's misplaced and underhit a fair few passes. He's been alright as a whole, but there's this underlining feeling that he's just very ineffective.

bosnian_red

I haven't said he's been bad just meh. I just think that our standards have dropped. Is it bad that my expectations haven't followed suit and dropped too?
Well yes it is wrong that your standards haven't changed, considering he is aging and has declined and is no longer a world class player? Did you expect Giggs and Scholes to consistently put in the same world class performances when they started aging as when they were in their prime?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
What exactly? 7th worst passer, probably even worse since the start of 2nd half, hasn't won single ball defensively, every ahot was blocked, terrible free kick, his diagonal balls were poor, what exactly he's been good at? Escaping clear yellow card?

Art Vandelay

Well yes it is wrong that your standards haven't changed, considering he is aging and has declined and is no longer a world class player? Did you expect Giggs and Scholes to consistently put in the same world class performances when they started aging as when they were in their prime?
Did you expect Giggs and Scholes to play every minute of every match even when their performances dropped?

El Jefe

How can anyone think he's been good because he's been terrible. Think Mark Noble just a shitter version and that's what we should accept at this club?

The truth is he's not good enough for the club in any position or capacity.

bosnian_red

What exactly? 7th worst passer, probably even worse since the start of 2nd half, hasn't won single ball defensively, every ahot was blocked, terrible free kick, his diagonal balls were poor, what exactly he's been good at? Escaping clear yellow card?
So like 4th best outfield passer? :lol:

Minimalist

Sometimes with Rooney it is like watching an old fella at 5-a-side trying some tricks he could do years ago in his 20s, only to fall on his arse.

Just doesn't have it anymore. He's not the worst but he's fecking average as they come.

bosnian_red

Did you expect Giggs and Scholes to play every minute of every match even when their performances dropped?
Okay then compare him to the performances of Schweinsteiger, Fellaini, Herrera, Schneiderlin or Carrick in midfield.. They've all been largely shite, and that's what Rooney has to contend with

Stringer

Rooney has only been 'fine' when you take into account how poor his overall season has been. However anyone who thinks this level of performance will be good enough in the long term needs their head examining.

ivaldo

Okay then compare him to the performances of Schweinsteiger, Fellaini, Herrera, Schneiderlin or Carrick in midfield.. They've all been largely shite, and that's what Rooney has to contend with
And he's still out worst midfielder. I'm still waiting for you to tell me what Rooney has down well, specifically. Nice yellow.

Minimalist

Look at the shape of his arm when he swings it in frustration towards the linesman. Like a woman.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
If only he gave opponents as hard a time as he gives referees.

bosnian_red

And he's still out worst midfielder. I'm still waiting for you to tell me what Rooney has down well, specifically. Nice yellow.
Disagree that he's our worst midfielder.. He's a lot more attack minded then the others and looks forward at least, so he suits us more in there compared to the others who do nothing attacking wise apart from Herrera, and he has been way off form this season.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Disagree that he's our worst midfielder.. He's a lot more attack minded then the others and looks forward at least, so he suits us more in there compared to the others who do nothing attacking wise apart from Herrera, and he has been way off form this season.
Being attack minded isn't worth much though when you're not capable of actually doing much in attack.

ivaldo

What's he contributing to our attack exactly? I'm still waiting on what he's doing well today, you told me he was doing everything well.

bosnian_red

Being attack minded isn't worth much though when you're not capable of actually doing much in attack.
Still does far more then Schneiderlin, Carrick (this season) or Schweinsteiger in the attack. Even herrera for most of his games this season.
Rooney's been shite this half though, was decent in the first half IMO.

Minimalist

What's he contributing to our attack exactly? I'm still waiting on what he's doing well today, you told me he was doing everything well.
He's doing the classic performance of 'I'm busting my balls here at least, give me a break'. Basically trying his best but feck all quality.

Hard to criticise but baffling to praise.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Still does far more then Schneiderlin, Carrick (this season) or Schweinsteiger in the attack. Even herrera for most of his games this season.
Rooney's been shite this half though, was decent in the first half IMO.
Because they aren't attack minded midfielders. Their job generally isn't to burst forward or attack. It's (generally speaking) to sit deeper, control the game, and pass it forward to more advanced players. Rooney being more attack minded than them doesn't mean much because he's really not doing much in that role.

bosnian_red

He was playing pretty well in the first half? Picked out good positions, kept things ticking well and gave it to the wingers to take on their fullback... Standard midfield stuff, we did completely control that first half apart from Rojo's shite defending. Second half he hasn't been good though, but then again, nobody has been for us.

bosnian_red

Because they aren't attack minded midfielders. Their job generally isn't to burst forward or attack. It's (generally speaking) to sit deeper, control the game, and pass it forward to more advanced players. Rooney being more attack minded than them doesn't mean much because he's really not doing much in that role.
Yes but that's why he warrants a spot in the team, because he's the only one who does that. Playing Schneiderlin in there is just painful to watch because all he does is give it to Blind or smalling.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Yes but that's why he warrants a spot in the team, because he's the only one who does that. Playing Schneiderlin in there is just painful to watch because all he does is give it to Blind or smalling.
Herrera generally does a better job of it I'd say.

bosnian_red

He's doing the classic performance of 'I'm busting my balls here at least, give me a break'. Basically trying his best but feck all quality.

Hard to criticise but baffling to praise.
Hardly like I'm praising.. Just saying he's worth his spot in the team considering the alternatives and that he was fine in the first half along with the others

Minimalist

Well that's a wild exaggeration.

ivaldo

He was playing pretty well in the first half? Picked out good positions, kept things ticking well and gave it to the wingers to take on their fullback... Standard midfield stuff, we did completely control that first half apart from Rojo's shite defending. Second half he hasn't been good though, but then again, nobody has been for us.
No, that's the absolute minium required of a midfielder, I'm pretty sure I'd be capable of picking out the easy pass most of the time, I expect every single midfielder in the league to be competent in the basics. And that's mixed in with shit shots, shit freekicks, no tackling whatsoever expect the one time he was booked. Carrick, a player who I beleive is finished has outshone Rooney in every aspect of the game.

Hardly like I'm praising.. Just saying he's worth his spot in the team considering the alternatives and that he was fine in the first half along with the others
You said he did 'everything well', how isn't that praising?

kundalini

Amazed he didn't get sent off. At least 3 incidents worthy of a yellow card yet managed to escape two of them. Generally crap performance from Rooney; only Rojo worse for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.