Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Wow, never had time for this bloke and never understood why he is held in such high regard on this place. Whenever I see him in the press conferences he comes across as really gormless.

I remember around the time that Rooney was linked with Bayern a while ago, they had Honigstein on Sunday supplement and he basically laughed and said that a club like Bayern would never try to sign a player like Rooney whose lack of professionalism makes him a bit of a joke in Germany.
Michael Sammer( Bayern Director of sport) when asked about Rooney in 2013:

I don’t know what Rooney would bring to the Bundesliga. I can’t answer that but I can answer that we have great respect for Wayne Rooney, but there has been no contact with him. He’s not on the agenda. No, no. Absolutely not.”
I think that is the reason why we are stuck with him, no self respecting big European club would have him, especially at the wages we give for such perfomaces.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yeah I agree, if anything it's Rooney whose hurting Mata. Mata need's a striker with movement that plays on the shoulder of defenders he can feed, he's got no where to go with Rooney constantly dropping deep and wanting the ball to feet.
That is supposedly why we got rid of RvP and Falcao, yet it has no difference at all.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Bayern showing a lack of imagination there - they could've tied a pie to the back of Robben, and Wayne would run all day.

Mali_Zeus

I've just read this and it mostly it's ridiculous. Imagine that, he's been said to that he's a nr. 9. Well guess what Custis, he is a striker and best of his seasons were when he played as one. Problem is it doesn't seem like he'll copy one of those seasons. Add to that that he says he doesn't seem to wander and he's doing 4 jobs on the pitch. Why is he doing 4 jobs, why is he all over the place when he's a striker and should play like one. That is exactly wandering with no real purpose Custis or better yet it's disrupting our play most of the time. Chicharito came in as a sub and in the short time he was in the game was in the chance strikers should be in, I mean collecting a deflected ball and score. Chicharito didn't score but he was there, he was tracking the situation and he was in the right place in a right time. Rooney woulnd't have been there cause he would probably be somewhere on top of the penalty box trying to make a one two with someone.

Also Ogden is speaking bollocks too. Mata is slow and ineffective? Mata was one of our most active players yesterday, always seeking the ball, always running, trying to do something with the ball and passing. But no Ogden bashes Mata and says Rooney needs pace around him. It's the other way around, Mata needs pace around him and Rooney doesn't offer that.
And imagine those two guys are payed as sport journalists..

All this coming from a Rooney fan mind you. He has been my favorite player for a while (not popular opinion I know) but I won't turn a blind eye on his performances.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
I wonder what the reaction in this thread would be if we had won. I don't think he'd be getting as much criticism as he is. He wasn't that bad I didn't think. He still wasn't good and has to improve, but I thought it was an improvement on the Villa match.
Yeah, what an utterly ridiculous suggestion.

I mean its not like Bony was the highest scoring PL player in 2014, or that Benteke had a 1 in 2 record playing for a very poor Villa side.

The idea on here that lesser name players can't be as good as the 'star names' is so irritating. I swear people just see the name, and completely ignore whats actually happening on the pitch.
Yes, too much Football Manager games and blind to the reality that Rooney is actually past his best. Even Stevie Wonder would notice how bad Rooney has become in comparison to how good he USED to be.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Is there something up with the ratings on his profile? Says his lowest rating of the season is 6.4 against Villa :confused:

Americano

Make America Great Again!
No one's going to pay 300k a week for him.
MLS would die to have him. He would be The Second Coming of Beckham for the league and they would spend massively for that. Especially if he is the record goalscorer for Engalnd and MUFC.

Rooney could even play for the Miami Beckhams, the team will be starting in a year or two and the potential promotional value is massive for the league and team.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I remember around the time that Rooney was linked with Bayern a while ago, they had Honigstein on Sunday supplement and he basically laughed and said that a club like Bayern would never try to sign a player like Rooney whose lack of professionalism makes him a bit of a joke in Germany.
Wow. Didn't know journalist in other country have better understanding.

Truedevil

MLS would die to have him. He would be The Second Coming of Beckham for the league and they would spend massively for that. Especially if he is the record goalscorer for Engalnd and MUFC.

Rooney could even play for the Miami Beckhams, the team will be starting in a year or two and the potential promotional value is massive for the league and team.
Didn't know they're that rich.

Sam

Giroud, yes him, has outscored Rooney in every season he has had in English foootball..and I wouldnt be suprised if he did again this season.
Yeah, but Giroud isn't a big name, so obviously Rooney is better. Dur!

Bony and Benteke are lumps of wood who I have watched on numerous occasions. I'm frustrated as much as you but both them are a step or two down from Rooney. If you suggested they might be better in this system then that would be harder to argue with.
Big lumps of wood that have both scored more PL goals then Rooney in the last 2 years.

If you seriously think they're a step down from the Rooney we see nowadays, then you're wearing a very impressive pair of red tinted spectacles.

'Peak Rooney' was of course a lot better, but we haven't seen him for at least 3 years. And thats being generous, its probably more like 5

Lou-is Red

When was the last time you thought, Rooney was world class that game? i cant remember because he is far from world class. Hes a very good player capable of world class moments but not performances

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Rooney should wear electric underwear, and every time he decides to not stay upfront, Giggs pushes a button and fry his ass.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
I would love for Rooney to be back to his best, he has come back in the past. But I do not see him coming back to his best this time. Age has caught up with him and SAF was going to get rid of him as he realised that his best days were behind him. He still puts in the effort but when you get older it all catches up. He should not be captain, and he should be dropped. The least he needs is a kick up the ass by being dropped. He has not shown anything to deserve otherwise. This is not FIFA computer game this is real life football.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
At some point if Rooney doesnt improve LVG will bite the bullet and drop him to the bench. For Rooneys sake it needs to be sooner than later.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Would love him to bang in a few goals and give it the West Ham celebration in front of the camera. Still back him 100%

Dion

I think we're into the 5 games this season where he's going to be unplayable, can we rearrange City and Chelsea H&A for the next 4 games please?

Status
Not open for further replies.