5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimalist

Rooney will soon be uniteds top goal scorer of all time but to you lot his shit. Get a grip. He's having a bad patch but he still deserves some love. You guys have a short memory or you are too young to know what he's done for this club
Shouldn't feed a troll but screw it:

• Rooney will soon be uniteds top goal scorer of all time but to you lot his shit. - Well most of those goals he got when he actually played well. Nobody in here is suggested he wasn't a great footballer once upon a time.
  • Get a grip. He's having a bad patch but he still deserves some love. - Nah we're the sane ones in here. Bad patch? For 1-2 years? He's doing a Torres at this rate. Deserves love? He gets paid £250,000+ a week. He gets plenty of love.
  • You guys have a short memory or you are too young to know what he's done for this club. - Nope, I do not and I doubt most on here have short memories either. He's done his bit but plenty have done more and much more than Wayne Rooney for Manchester United. He will probably become our top goalscorer but he's no where near our best ever striker.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
My mate hopped on my laptop and typed that post out aha so I disagree with the age thing he said. But I do agree that as long as we're still winning games we should keep playing him, so he can try get his form back up. We know what he's capable of and there's no reason why he can't get to some good form again.
Hahaha nah honest. He said fark these pricks all hate Rooney. So I told him to rip into them. So I guess it's partly my fault.

But seriously if we're winning games and we have an 'easy' game against Sunderland at home. Why not play him and let him try get he's form back. I doubt we will lose to Sunderland because of him
:lol:

On topic: Rooney's all round game is pretty gash these days and I don't understand the support to to keep playing him until he hits form. He hasn't had a good run of form for absolutely ages, I think it's past the time that we should be considering him a spent force. I can't speak for his impact on the pitch in terms of being captain (does his presence lift morale? are others inspired) but I can say that his impact on the ball is usually to cock things up.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
4 in 8. Not bad Wayne, not bad at all.

Just 2 behind Messi in 1 less game.
1 in the carling cup against a championship team, 3 in a CL qualifier against a team thats not that good to begin with and decimated by injuries and no goals in the league.

Dont get me wrong, im delighted he scored against ipswich but looking at things so far this season not bad is far from true.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Was a good goal, but other than that I still thought he was one of our worst players.
I'm a huge critic of Rooney. Highest paid player - but struggles to do well on the pitch...and all that.
HOWEVER, the role of a forward/striker is to create/score goals. That's it.
If he scores plenty of goals, but does nothing else, I'd be ecstatic. Against Ipswich, he did score a decent goal.

That goal was a step in the right direction - a week ago, he'd have struggled to do that, so hopefully, he can get 15 EPL goals this season.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He is never going to be a midfield dictator and he hasn't got the legs anymore to play the box to box role, I really do feel he's got maybe this season and 1 more coming, then he will be sold.
Unless he scores lots of goals this year, I think he will be gone next Summer. Basically, he will get the Falcao, Hernandez, RVP treatment.

Geordopolous

Shouldn't feed a troll but screw it:

• Rooney will soon be uniteds top goal scorer of all time but to you lot his shit. - Well most of those goals he got when he actually played well. Nobody in here is suggested he wasn't a great footballer once upon a time.
  • Get a grip. He's having a bad patch but he still deserves some love. - Nah we're the sane ones in here. Bad patch? For 1-2 years? He's doing a Torres at this rate. Deserves love? He gets paid £250,000+ a week. He gets plenty of love.
  • You guys have a short memory or you are too young to know what he's done for this club. - Nope, I do not and I doubt most on here have short memories either. He's done his bit but plenty have done more and much more than Wayne Rooney for Manchester United. He will probably become our top goalscorer but he's no where near our best ever striker.
Well that's just not true is it? How can you score that many goals and still be said to have "done his bit". Stupid stuff like this should get called out

Geordopolous

:lol:

On topic: Rooney's all round game is pretty gash these days and I don't understand the support to to keep playing him until he hits form. He hasn't had a good run of form for absolutely ages, I think it's past the time that we should be considering him a spent force. I can't speak for his impact on the pitch in terms of being captain (does his presence lift morale? are others inspired) but I can say that his impact on the ball is usually to cock things up.
True he's been playing horribly. You'd be stupid to disagree with that but my point is, he obviously still has the talent and the football knowledge to have a positive impact on the team, you don't just completely lose that. And if we are winning games (which we are) then leave him on. Besides apart from Herrera we have no better players to play behind martial

NessunDorma

True he's been playing horribly. You'd be stupid to disagree with that but my point is, he obviously still has the talent and the football knowledge to have a positive impact on the team
Didn't Giggs go through a bit of a dodgy patch in his late 20s, with the criticism he attracted spawning the infamous 'Sack Fergie, sell Giggs' meme?

But then Giggs went on to be an important player for us for nearly another 10 years, albeit with reduced playing time.

The obvious difference, people will say, is that Rooney is no Giggs in a physical sense. And perhaps they are right.

But as with Giggs, this little bad patch doesn't necessarily mean he's finished as a player who can contribute to a successful Manchester United for a few years yet.

Like Giggs and Scholes before him, a clever manager could find a way to maximise his combination of experience and talent - and yes, he has it in abundance - so that his influence is a net positive one. On the pitch and off the pitch. We'll see, though.

It's possible he'll be shipped out at the end of the season, signalling the proper end of the Fergie era for me*, and the start of a bright new dawn . . .

(I thought it was interesting that, despite their well documented differences, Rooney recently described Fergie as 'the greatest manager of all time'. I'm wondering if he's only just starting to realise how good he had it under Fergie, now that Fergie is gone).

I guess Martial and Memphis are the future now, and if they can go on to be as good as Rooney and Ronaldo, we're laughing. If they can go on to be better - as a partnership, and for Manchester United specifically - the sky is the f*cking limit.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Well that's just not true is it? How can you score that many goals and still be said to have "done his bit". Stupid stuff like this should get called out
So you're saying he hasn't done his bit?

You seem to be missing the point of most of the complaints. The goals he scored in the past are irrelevant. He simply doesn't play well enough any more and he doesn't score enough to justify being in the team. We are well past the point of just leaving him in the team until he finds form, it's gone on way too long. With your mindset we should still be playing Sir Bobby.

Geordopolous

So you're saying he hasn't done his bit?

You seem to be missing the point of most of the complaints. The goals he scored in the past are irrelevant. He simply doesn't play well enough any more and he doesn't score enough to justify being in the team. We are well past the point of just leaving him in the team until he finds form, it's gone on way too long. With your mindset we should still be playing Sir Bobby.
Art Vandelay hahaha love the name

I was saying how demeaning the term "done his bit" is for a guy who is almost our top scorer of all time. And made huge contributions to many premierships, cups and a champions league. We're not well past that point of leaving him in the team because we are still leaving him in the team and we're still winning games. I just feel he deserves a bit more respect than his getting that's all. Mind you, LVG's style doesn't particularly suit Rooney either. I can't remember the last time Rooney had a proper crack from outside the box because he's being told to play the percentages every time he gets it.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Rooney was right about United needing better players.

Yes he went about it the wrong way and he was greedy but he was in fact the first person to acknowledge that our transfer policy was shite.

For a scouser he's pretty observant.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think he'll get close to the record this season. The last two seasons have seem major changes and our play has been poor at times. IF you are a striker, when do you make a run? We've seen halves of football with no ambition to attack teams. Martial allows us to stretch teams and that will help Depay and Rooney or whoevers playing.

I think Rooney is pretty unselfish. Forget the way at times he's played, how many shots per game (over a period of time) are we looking at? This is why the goals haven't been flowing but as LVG mentioned - you need luck. I can't remember if he was offside against Newcastle but when the chance arose, he finished it well.

Once the confidence rises, and the players start moving - which is happening at the minute then we'll see an improvement. We've players now spreading play and not just one but 2 or 3 players. So Rooney will find more space and I would expect him to focus more on scoring should the opportunity come about

Interestingly enough with a small squad, LVG now has an opportunity to rest Rooney now and then to protect him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Been shocking so far this season, shocking.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
BREAKING NEWS: Wayne Rooney in another counter intuitive and disappointing 45 minutes of Premier League football.

Again our best work comes from avoiding him in any phase of attacking play.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Its come to the stage where I wish his hamstring injury was more serious. He doesn't deserve to play at all

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Cattermole has kept him under wraps. He lacks the dynamism to receive the ball forward so he's always dropping deep.

Bwuk

He's absolutely hopeless. I don't care if he scores a tap in in the second half, it won't change my opinion.

It's like playing with 10.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
What's sad is that he isn't even having one of his worst games this season, yet he is our worst attacking player by a mile(from the front 4).

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
This half has been the most disappointing half I've seen from him this season. He actually looks lost. He's basically doing the simple stuff that Fellaini does well but anything beyond that is asking too much at this stage. Those two times where he ran at the defense were just plain said. He never threatened a shot like he used too. Just sloppy passing. First time that I'm worried that it's something more than simply poor form.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
He's only playing because he's captain. Martial is better option upfront. Herrera and even Fellaini at this point are better options at 10.

YzWayne

He's absolutely hopeless. I don't care if he scores a tap in in the second half, it won't change my opinion.

It's like playing with 10.
It's like he's playing for sunderland. I lost count on the number of times he gave the ball away.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Schweinsteiger on for Rooney would be a good move imo, though I don't think Rooney's been too bad so far.

m1y2

he just can't play as 10, exactly what we lacked in the first half the link between midfield and attack, he just can't play the role, his touch and agility is dreadful so he tends to drop too deep where he's as ineffective as it gets, sub him off for herrera or pereira..

Ash_G

The inside out ball to Tony V is back! :drool:
The one pass he's best at and its too the player who's crossing continually lets him/us down.

Rooney though really is not justifying his spot at all. I think the problem is worse with thr midfield pairing today. If Rooney was dropping of and playing the passes to Valencia and you had one of the midfielders going past Rooney it might be better. At the moment though Rooney is playing too average in arguably the key creative position in the team.

finneh

To be honest he's bound to not be at his best, he's playing out of position.

Bite

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
For every good touch and turn with the ball, there are 4 or 5 awful ones which lose possession. He did a couple of good things, especially when we broke on the counter, but it's just surrounded by awfulness.

He looks the most impotent, unthreatening player on the pitch. Even when Valencia gets the ball, he looks more likely to do something with it than Rooney.

Would really love to see Herrera come on for him, and Schweinsteiger for Carrick. Schmidfield+Herrera is the midfield.

ottosec

Static as feck, always expects the pass to feet, never in space.

Playing him is like playing with 10 men every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.