Westminster Politics

Sweet Square

Or struggling at an underfunded school or college because the universities got all the money to build another fecking Glasgow Uni vanity project in a disused hospital. Not that I've got a grudge. Junkie cnuts.
:lol:

I don't blame people for voting for them tbh. The alternatives look god awful.

Nield showed how easy it is to take her apart at the last election. Like you say, no one down here is interested enough to challenge her on anything. She gets constant free hits when she’s on UK wide TV.
Yeah I can't see to find the interview online but I remember it as a bad one for her. I might be getting the history wrong but the left trend in the SNP is pretty new.

especially when you compare her to the bumbling, incompetent Boris Johnson
100%. Policy aside she is quite a good speaker and somewhat likable.

Reiver

Yeah I can't see to find the interview online but I remember it as a bad one for her. I might be getting the history wrong but the left
You're correct, the SNP used to be known as the Tartan Tories. Probably a bit unfair but they there was definitely a very middle class streak. The 79 Group really laid the foundation for the modern SNP, gradually turning the party to the Left.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
:lol:

I don't blame people for voting for them tbh. The alternatives look god awful.

Yeah I can't see to find the interview online but I remember it as a bad one for her. I might be getting the history wrong but the left trend in the SNP is pretty new.

100%. Policy aside she is quite a good speaker and somewhat likable.
I did vote for them last election.

Well, actually I voted Labour but my missus' very militant SNP, but otherwise nice mum thinks I voted SNP. She also hates the English for some reason so she also thinks I'm 100% Jock and that deep down I don't have the dirty blood of a Cheshire cock.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
You're correct, the SNP used to be known as the Tartan Tories. Probably a bit unfair but they there was definitely a very middle class streak. The 79 Group really laid the foundation for the modern SNP, gradually turning the party to the Left.
Gordon Brown hates the SNP, and I mean hates. Not going to repeat the story since everyone will be bored of it but, yeah.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs

Well, actually I voted Labour but my missus' very militant SNP, but otherwise nice mum thinks I voted SNP. She also hates the English for some reason so she also thinks I'm 100% Jock and that deep down I don't have the dirty blood of a Cheshire cock.
Tell her if she doesn’t like it here she should feck off out of the country. That usually gets the jocks going in Scotland :-)

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Tell her if she doesn’t like it here she should feck off out of the country. That usually gets the jocks going in Scotland :-)
:lol: She's a cracking woman just don't get her started on politics. If you're English in any situation other than discussing politics you're absolutely fine. It's like a switch flips and suddenly you're anti Scottish if you don't vote for the party that think oil is the answer to everything.

I support Scottish independence, for the record. I also support independence for everyone who gets shit thrown at them by Westminster. I just wish there was another big party here that had the balls to also support a Yes vote.

Reiver

This is quite similar to my situation although I always consider the SNP at the Holyrood elections as Scottish Labour are such a shower of shite.

Sweet Square

Cheers for this.

Oh she knows you didn't.

arnie_ni

Agreed I also like the talk of improving wind energy but don’t feel like 160 million will exactly make a big dent.
Id even go a step further and have rental history included in some kind of affordability history for FTB.

I do accounts for a couple of windfarms, 160 million wont go that far no

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I hate to have to say that Boris performance at today PMQ was much more focused on answering Keir Starmer questions. In fact, I thought that he was the victor today. Mainly because he was able to exploit the fact that Labour abstained at yesterday Covid restrictions vote. That was a self inflicted own goal by Labour.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
All these cnuts went to school together. The same thing goes on in the US. You hear stories about how journalists and politicians party together. This shit is a game to the people and we are the mugs.

Fingeredmouse

The normalisation continues.

This is why I have huge reservations about the "back Starmer because at least he's better than the Tories" schtick.

Everytime we concede ground we endorse this crap and drift a little more towards the World they want.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The normalisation continues.

This is why I have huge reservations about the "back Starmer because at least he's better than the Tories" schtick.

Everytime we concede ground we endorse this crap and drift a little more towards the World they want.
At this point in society they've had centuries to take over. We're now just tied to a sex swing, knowing full well that we're going to get fecked. At least we're still getting to choose whether they use Thor's Hammer or The Tickler.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Covid: Boris Johnson tells of 'dashboard warnings' over rise in cases
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54514079

The twerp seems incapable of saying anything plainly.

"Hey Boris, do you want sugar in your tea?"
"The sugar granule, or "sugah in me cuppa" as the nimbies would shout as they chant their persnickety postules rallying cries towards the velvety wooly wonders in the sky that oft find themselves set in poofy postures-"
"YES OR NO BORIS. THIS IS EXACTLY WHY YOU KEEP FECKING SIMPLE THINGS UP."