Westminster Politics

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
We’re broke mate.
Of course it’d be so so nice to have lots of nice social plans and all that - but, we’re broke.
Problem is that the government say we're 'broke' and yet will easily find money when they want to do something that suits them. See May's magic money tree comments followed by throwing a billion to the DUP so the Tories could obtain power.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Problem is that the government say we're 'broke' and yet will easily find money when they want to do something that suits them. See May's magic money tree comments followed by throwing a billion to the DUP so the Tories could obtain power.
Yeah, but that was necessary. Difficult decisions, work hard and get on, strong and stable, stiff upper lip and all that shite.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Proper 'thick of it' shit going on right now. May has somehow lost favour with brexiteers and remainers.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We are? Boy I wish I was so broke I could afford to spend the best part of £400m doing up a house.
How about a billion to form a minority government?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Proper 'thick of it' shit going on right now. May has somehow lost favour with brexiteers and remainers.
It's actually May's ploy to unite the Remainers and Brexiters together in a mutual hatred of her which will eventually heal the party. 4D chess!

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
It's actually May's ploy to unite the Remainers and Brexiters together in a mutual hatred of her which will eventually heal the party. 4D chess!
The only explanation.

DenisIrwin

I think the strain is beginning to tell on the Tories...

Last edited:

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
It's not astonishing at all. It's Tory.
I find it so.

I don't see how the council could be so oblivious to how toxic a question that is.

Examples of Tories doing bad things that Tories always get away with don't change my view, surprisingly enough...

DenisIrwin

I find it so.

I don't see how the council could be so oblivious to how toxic a question that is.

Examples of Tories doing bad things that Tories always get away with don't change my view, surprisingly enough...
Sorry. I just get wound up sometimes.

Nogbadthebad

Which level of reality is he on
The one where what he thinks about someone is entirely dependent on just how many millions of dollars they have given him.

For the record, Iran is nil, Saudi is around 30 million altogether, plus whatever was hidden during the BAE Systems scandal that he ordered the courts to stop investigating.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It'll be remembered as one of the worst Governments imo. It's been a fecking shambles from Day 1.
I couldn’t name a single positive thing they have implemented.