Westminster Politics

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Not sure where this belongs, but it's slightly reassuring that the papers don't have as much influence as is thought.
Consciously admitting you trust a source and unconsciously being influenced by it are very different things.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

Not sure where this belongs, but it's slightly reassuring that the papers don't have as much influence as is thought.
That's unusually pointed for an official BBC comment :lol: Not that it's unwarranted.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Rees-Mogg's now the favourite among many bookmakers to be the next Tory leader.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Rees-Mogg v Corbyn... would certainly be a spectacle.
It'd be some sight seeing PM Corbyn urge an opposition leader to resign due to being too disliked and a fringe element of his own party.:lol:

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
The feck...Kezia Dugdale going on I'm a Celebrity?:lol:

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Good lord. Quitting as an MSP?
Nah, they just had to draft in a last minute replacement for Mugabe.

In all seriousness though...I can see her chucking it. Holyrood's probably taken its toll on her. With a lot of people suggesting Leonard will become leader she may feel like she wants to move onto other things.

NinjaFletch

Honestly? As dodgy as this one is I don't think the scandal is that they have been bought off or have been pressured not to run it. The scandal is how absolutely shocking reporting of science/academia is in general. Journalists simply do not understand what they are reporting on, and it gives people like Fiona Fox, in this instance, scope to exploit the ignorance.

Things like the Peer Review process are badly understood, and I don't really know why. Presumably because paying people with the credentials to comment on technical information is more expensive than shoving it the way of someone who will hash up something that will convince 90% of the general public.

Sweet Square

Honestly? As dodgy as this one is I don't think the scandal is that they have been bought off or have been pressured not to run it. The scandal is how absolutely shocking reporting of science/academia is in general. Journalists simply do not understand what they are reporting on, and it gives people like Fiona Fox, in this instance, scope to exploit the ignorance.

Things like the Peer Review process are badly understood, and I don't really know why. Presumably because paying people with the credentials to comment on technical information is more expensive than shoving it the way of someone who will hash up something that will convince 90% of the general public.
Yes quite possibly. The BBC and the current conservative government(Going back to the Cameron days)and linked together quite well, only recently senior people from the BBC went after the job of being Theresa Mays director of communications(The job eventually going to a former BBC employer), Andrew Neil the BBC biggest political big shot had also worked for the tories(There are many more cases as well). Although this isn't really the point, it's not really a pro bias but more that

The professional instincts of those at the BBC who regularly make editorial decisions on behalf of the public are necessarily political. The notion of ‘bias’ though doesn’t quite capture what is going on. It is not that these individuals might be acting on secret political prejudices, although of course they may. Rather the risk is that a certain shared understanding of politics becomes formed around tight cliques, which are not only unrepresentative of the public, but have an increasingly tenuous grasp on political reality.
http://www.huckmagazine.com/perspectives/opinion-perspectives/bbc-bias-tom-mills/

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Hammond acting like some wannabe stand up comedian FFS.

You're not funny you wanker and you're ruining people's lives.

Smores

Hammond acting like some wannabe stand up comedian FFS.

You're not funny you wanker and you're ruining people's lives.
There's an attempted zinger after every line it's actually embarrassing.

Seems like he's trying to relate and boost his popularity, not a chance they'll give you the leadership phillip

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
There's an attempted zinger after every line it's actually embarrassing.

Seems like he's trying to relate and boost his popularity, not a chance they'll give you the leadership phillip
He's so smug. I really can't stand him.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"That was the 2017 Budget, presented by Jeffrey from Hi de Hi!"