Westminster Politics

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Johnson with a car crash interview on Marr. Completely out of his depth. No wonder he evades scrutiny.

Missed this earlier. To be fair, there's no way of answering that question without looking like a fool... unless you talk about why there is a labour shortage. Something these cnuts aren't willing to do.

Maticmaker

Well I learnt something today. Animals are killed for food. That man is a real fountain of knowledge.
Much better story if Marr could have said " did you realise PM that thousands of pigs will have to drive themselves to the Abattoir, commit suicide and then hope someone will get them to the supermarket shelves, because there are no HGV drivers, or slaughter-men, and there is no fuel reserves for priority vehicle usage."

Surely with all that's going on Marr could have confronted Boris with something more serious?

However he did surprise him that's for sure, bet that wasn't in Boris's script

Reminds me of the story of the difference between involvement and commitment. "How do you make an egg and bacon breakfast...the hens involved, but the pigs committed"! :)

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Much better story if Marr could have said " did you realise PM that thousands of pigs will have to drive themselves to the Abattoir, commit suicide and then hope someone will get them to the supermarket shelves, because there are no HGV drivers, or slaughter-men, and there is no fuel reserves for priority vehicle usage."

Surely with all that's going on Marr could have confronted Boris with something more serious?

However he did surprise him that's for sure, bet that wasn't in Boris's script

Reminds me of the story of the difference between involvement and commitment. "How do you make an egg and bacon breakfast...the hens involved, but the pigs committed"! :)
Good one.

Fluctuation0161

Well as 95% of the union vote was against pr that simply can't be true... pretty much all unions voted against it

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...abour-parties-call-to-axe-first-past-the-post

Starmer could have and imo should have done more to back it but there is no way 95% of the unions are centrist and right is there... I mean unite account for more than 5% of the union vote so they must have voted against it as well as I'm sure they are not in your definition of a centrist union?

With a year of working on it though I could see enough unions coming round to back a pr motion in 2022... just in time for a 2023 spring election which is what I think we will get ... so could be in the manifesto or even tactically a pr alliance to stand down in certain seats ... I'm still optimistic it can happen (not sure it will but I've not given up hope yet)
Fair enough, but indirectly the centrist/right leadership is at fault for not engaging with this issue.

I tend to agree with the below.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-proportional-representation-pr-b1927969.html
"The truth is, if the Leadership had engaged with this unifying policy as intensively as they pushed their own proposed rule changes, PR would now be Labour policy. "

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Fair enough, but indirectly the centrist/right leadership is at fault for not engaging with this issue.

I tend to agree with the below.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-proportional-representation-pr-b1927969.html
"The truth is, if the Leadership had engaged with this unifying policy as intensively as they pushed their own proposed rule changes, PR would now be Labour policy. "
As I said imo starmer could have and should have done more to push this... I remain optimistic that this will get through next year and be in the manifesto should the election be called in 2023... and being in a glass half full mode that a pr alliance can form pass the legislation and then call an election under pr rules asap

nickm

He was proper rattled.
We will see how well his answer holds up when there are bonfires of dead pigs at the same time as empty shelves in the shops and longer lines at food banks post the £20 cuts. Let's see how people feel when they see that joined up on TV. Maybe in 2 weeks.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Feckin Sunak with another speech full of lies. Brexit is will be great in the long term. Beyond a joke. Apparently we were going to hold all of the cards.
EU: Knight to King's Bishop 4
Frost: Two of clubs?
EU: Bishop takes Queen, check
Frost: Three of diamonds?
EU: Rook takes Bishop , checkmate
Frost throws the board on the floor

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If everyone started murdering everyone else would it no longer be a crime?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
You can just feel the contempt and disdain Mogg has for him.
You can see that Mogg was prepared to walk on if not for the guys persistence

this current version of the Tories is probably the worst in my lifetime. No empathy, no brains, no self awareness and only in it to line their own pockets