Westminster Politics

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
You can see that Mogg was prepared to walk on if not for the guys persistence

this current version of the Tories is probably the worst in my lifetime. No empathy, no brains, no self awareness and only in it to line their own pockets
So why do you believe that the public take little or no notice; apart from the historical level of apathy.

Drainy

If he meant having a more balanced culture of shared familial and community responsibility to each other then fair enough. However, I don't see how any Tory can be pushing a healthier approach to life while also pushing the self absorbed individualistic culture they have since the 80s.

It's more big society bullshit.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
She is detestable.

Her own parents wouldn’t be in the country under her rules yet she thinks she has the right to be Home Secretary and pull the ladder up on others. By her own logic these people can contribute nothing to the country and yet her own immigrant parents have contributed the third most powerful politician in the country?

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
If he means that people should lead a healthier lifestyle in order to avoid hospital care, then he's right.

The health system over here in NI is more or less done, and people should be taking out private insurance.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
If he means that people should lead a healthier lifestyle in order to avoid hospital care, then he's right.

The health system over here in NI is more or less done, and people should be taking out private insurance.
He may mean that. Given the Prime Minister is a bloated mess of a pisshead though, I suspect he means "you ought to be rich, stop asking for handouts you scrounging bastards, why can't you all become millionaires like me or die because you're worthless?"

FireballXL5

Yeah, they really, really mean that.

Health funding cut said to threaten levelling up

Funding for healthy-lifestyle support such as stop-smoking and obesity clinics has been cut by a quarter in six years in England, research shows.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58795446

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Her own parents wouldn’t be in the country under her rules yet she thinks she has the right to be Home Secretary and pull the ladder up on others. By her own logic these people can contribute nothing to the country and yet her own immigrant parents have contributed the third most powerful politician in the country?
She really is a hate filled bitter sour rancid warped excuse of a human being. There is no limit to the bad things I wish upon her.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Yeah, they really, really mean that.

Health funding cut said to threaten levelling up

Funding for healthy-lifestyle support such as stop-smoking and obesity clinics has been cut by a quarter in six years in England, research shows.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58795446
Funding for such things should be increased and not cut, especially since there's an epidemic of obesity these days.

As a basic principle though people shouldn't need the state/government to show them how to lead a healthy lifestyle.

Dante

Average bang
Manchester's fecking full of these cnuts right now. They're all wearing blue ties and holding their umbrellas at eye level.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Genuinely think there’s some sort of normalisation thing happening here. It’s crafted. She’s part of an effort to slowly break down BBC impartiality standards and normalise a closer relationship between them and the Tory government.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

That’s what they want and always have done, sell off the NHS and introduce an American style insurance scheme. So far the public have resisted. But if it comes to pass, there will be people who literally can’t afford to go to see the doctor never mind A&E

Smores

Genuinely think there’s some sort of normalisation thing happening here. It’s crafted. She’s part of an effort to slowly break down BBC impartiality standards and normalise a closer relationship between them and the Tory government.
It wasn't so long ago where any criticism or accusation of impartiality from her was just bullying by the left.

Remember that fun time where everyone defended her, what a time to be alive that was.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
This conference; it’s like they are all trying to outdo each other with shitty statements.
they just don’t care really do they, that is abundantly clear

Fluctuation0161

It wasn't so long ago where any criticism or accusation of impartiality from her was just bullying by the left.

Remember that fun time where everyone defended her, what a time to be alive that was.
That was the "hard" left questioning her impartiality and "bullying" like they always do... not trying to demand journalistic standards.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
The crazy thing is every day, sometimes even multiple times a day, you learn something contemptible about these Tories - whether it's something they said, did or didn't do, and yet - there's literally no end to it. They can do whatever they like because the people in this country enable them to do so, they're not even making an attempt to hide their depravity.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Did he really? No wonder he tried to "both sides" misogyny ffs.
Worryingly, at a time when the government needs to be trying to rebuild women's trust in the justice system, one of his first things has been to downplay the appalling rape conviction rate, just so the Tories can surprise on the downside again.

Raab also downplayed statistics that show less than 1.4% of alleged rapes are prosecuted, saying most crime data is examined at the point of charge.

“The conviction rate statistics are often, I’m afraid, rather skewed,” he said. “If you look at the normal way that people measure the conviction rate – as a proportion of the number of prosecutions that are launched – actually once you get to court, there is more or less around a 70% chance of conviction.

“The challenge we’ve got is the reporting of cases … through to the preparation of the file that goes to the CPS and then the decision to prosecute… the critical thing is getting the cases to trial with the evidence to secure that conviction.”
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...confuses-meaning-of-misogyny-in-bbc-interview

villain

Hates Beyoncé