g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Westminster Politics

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I mean... is it surprising the government is a shambles? Their advisors are doing a rehearsal where they make inappropriate jokes, they even acknowledge the jokes are inappropriate when they remind themselves they are being recorded, and then not one of them them thinks to delete the fecking recording. What a complete shower of shite, at least cover your tracks.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I mean... is it surprising the government is a shambles? Their advisors are doing a rehearsal where they make inappropriate jokes, they even acknowledge the jokes are inappropriate when they remind themselves they are being recorded, and then not one of them them thinks to delete the fecking recording. What a complete shower of shite, at least cover your tracks.
Go one further than that. It’s not that they didn’t think to delete the recording, it’s that they thought to save it.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Go one further than that. It’s not that they didn’t think to delete the recording, it’s that they thought to save it.
Even if you ignore all the moral and ethical implications of holding a party while the rest of the country is told to stay at home, and people are dying in their beds from this virus. It's just so insulting of our intelligence, and the sad likelihood is the same people will no doubt be re-elected with a different stooge as leader in a couple of years' time.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If there was any justice, they’d all be rotting away for the corruption & incompetence, particularly since the pandemic started. More likely is Boris will take the fall & the majority of these cnuts will be around for several more years.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm not surprised that a political party built on being an utter cnut to everyone would attract narcissists, and yet I'm still surprised every time one of these stories comes out.

Deery

Dreary
I hate the way they think they can just laugh everything off, the horrible bunch of Tory cnuts.

WPMUFC

I hate the way they think they can just laugh everything off, the horrible bunch of Tory cnuts.
They think they can laugh it off because they've run a cartel for the benefit of their friends for years and every poll has them winning another term.

When there is no threat to your position....and you can keep enriching yourself and mates....why wouldn't you laugh?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Cnuts the lot of them. If this doesn’t get them out of power I don’t think anything will.

Guy Incognito

Cnuts the lot of them. If this doesn’t get them out of power I don’t think anything will.
You'd think the austerity measures would get rid of them. That documentary about kids going hungry in the run up to the last election did nothing to change people's views.

There are deep-rooted issues with British politics that go beyond this government.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Anyone reckon there will be riots soon? I've thought this for a while, I mean surely the public have a limit, can't be too far off now, the government wouldn't dare try to impose any lockdowns now would they?

Also, police bascally saying they don't investigate things that have happened? :lol:

Guy Incognito

Anyone reckon there will be riots soon? I've thought this for a while, I mean surely the public have a limit, can't be too far off now, the government wouldn't dare try to impose any lockdowns now would they?

Also, police bascally saying they don't investigate things that have happened? :lol:
Riots, no, but I don't think the majority will comply with any new Covid restrictions. Many have had enough.

That Ant and Dec clip feels significant, once you've lost them, you've lost middle England. :lol:

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
How is it possible that this isn't the last straw and that mass protests aren't going to ensue?

Having said that.. why do I honestly get the feeling that the Tories are about to go up in the polls..

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
You'd think the austerity measures would get rid of them. That documentary about kids going hungry in the run up to the last election did nothing to change people's views.

There are deep-rooted issues with British politics that go beyond this government.
And yet the country handed over the reigns to this corrupt government.

They publicly fought against feeding children.
And yet they’ll still get votes.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
So what's the Big Distraction going to be this time? "Leaked" plans to cut NHS funding? Another minister getting it on with an advisor? Maybe they'll bring back one of those lobbying scandals and ask someone to fall on their sword?

It might be a big story right now but the press are begging for something else to put in their headlines.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
So what's the Big Distraction going to be this time? "Leaked" plans to cut NHS funding? Another minister getting it on with an advisor? Maybe they'll bring back one of those lobbying scandals and ask someone to fall on their sword?

It might be a big story right now but the press are begging for something else to put in their headlines.
We now know for a fact members of the press were in attendance too. It’s within the presses self interest to find the next big story.

In any other walk of life this kind of flagrant lying, cheating and cnutish behaviour would have you out on your arse. Honestly absolutely livid right now. I can’t express it.

F-Red

I’m not sure, the bigger question is more why the press have sat on it for 12 months.

PMQs is going to be interesting to watch tomorrow. This leak timed appropriately for it.

Boycott

I think they will take a big hit from this. The question is will it be short lasting and things plateau or is the final straw in terms of the public giving them a long rope. I think there are a lot of small-c conservatives who are embarrassed by the antics of this government even if on economic issues they would agree with conservative policy. Respectability matters to the older population in particular who during the pandemic up to now have followed the guidelines. So that's another bloc of voters that traditionally back the tories that could shatter.

DavidDeSchmikes

imho some of the lobby journalists were at this 2020 party and don't want to get caught out

stw2022

Why can they though? For the last 11 years Labour have never looked like a alternative government. This is why opposition matters so much. Sorry this is also on people who think a man who couldn’t eat a sandwich without looking like a twat, some angry grandad with a creepy cultish following and the least charismatic man in history were/are the men to get the job done.

Sorry this hasn’t been difficult for the Tories at fecking all and the blame is shared by those who elected and supported three opposition leaders who in their own way were an absolute embarrassment.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's a shame after all this government's lies it took a Christmas party for them to finally be in the firing line and unable to squirm out
To be fair, they have been in the firing line for weeks now.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Why can they though? For the last 11 years Labour have never looked like a alternative government. This is why opposition matters so much. Sorry this is also on people who think a man who couldn’t eat a sandwich without looking like a twat, some angry grandad with a creepy cultish following and the least charismatic man in history were/are the men to get the job done.

Sorry this hasn’t been difficult for the Tories at fecking all and the blame is shared by those who elected and supported three opposition leaders who in their own way were an absolute embarrassment.
We live in a society where the media spin from the mail/sun etc directs public opinion to the point where eating a sandwich wrong is seen as more of an election concern than lying, cheating and abusing positions of power.

If you thought the previous 3 candidates couldn’t lead the country for paltry reasons such as the above then that’s on you just as much as anything else.