Westminster Politics

IWat

The last week has again re-emphasised how, when the chips are down, the UK is inextricably tied to its partners in Western Europe and has shown up the ludicrous nature of Brexiteer “global Britain” posturing.
I think in fairness it's also shown that the UK does not need to be in the EU to be Europe's friend and ally. Regardless of position on Brexit, I hope both sides realise we have a history linked in the the blood that had to put down for modern Europe to be a thing.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
Been saying it for ages, Putin owns the UK Govt. Boris Johnson is a traitor.
Is there not a chance Boris and Russian billionaires might share some of the same political/economic interests ? Instead of Putin owning the UK government.

“Nato is there to protect western commercial interests”
Well they aren't going to from the kindness of their hearts.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Is it crass of me to ask, but any updates on partygate?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Everyone in the UK needs to read this.
It’s an incredible bit of journalism and equal parts infuriating and frightening.

Russia have done an amazing job of corrupting the upper echelons of the establishment and they know they are all too self serving to do anything about it.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Least surprising information of the day. The problem being that you need to make this mainstream news, to drum it home to the average joe that they're all bent, corrupt shites. That is not happening.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Least surprising information of the day. The problem being that you need to make this mainstream news, to drum it home to the average joe that they're all bent, corrupt shites. That is not happening.
It’s potentially one of the most serious political scandals of our time. We’re essentially at war with Russia and Russia have demonstrably got the leaders of this country in their pockets. It should be subject to a panorama investigation and the leading story on BBC News. Instead it’s not even being mentioned.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
It’s potentially one of the most serious political scandals of our time. We’re essentially at war with Russia and Russia have demonstrably got the leaders of this country in their pockets. It should be subject to a panorama investigation and the leading story on BBC News. Instead it’s not even being mentioned.
The amount of Russian influence high up in our political circle, and the significant amount of loopholes in our sanctions against them makes me think that:

a) there’s some back scratching going on between the Tories and the oligarchs/Putin

b) we probably knew a lot more about the invasion than we let on

I hope I’m wrong but I can’t quite shake this feeling.

Flying high

These cnuts are winning the next election.
It really is incredible that they ever win at all. And they never would with a level playing field or a more engaged (intelligent) populace.

But if they win the next election I am done with this island. I'll be off as quickly as possible.

Tibs

It really is incredible that they ever win at all. And they never would with a level playing field or a more engaged (intelligent) populace.

But if they win the next election I am done with this island. I'll be off as quickly as possible.
Tory Media and a majority of thick twats means Tory win in the next election.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Someone will be along shortly to post that they were a centrist but they vote Tory now because you called Tory voters thick twats.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The hashtag, the gall to try and seize credit for the first point… the EU and Moldova have already processed over 1,500,000 refugees whilst this lot are getting their graphics ready to announce their intention to “mobilise”.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
The hashtag, the gall to try and seize credit for the first point… the EU and Moldova have already processed over 1,500,000 refugees whilst this lot are getting their graphics ready to announce their intention to “mobilise”.

That's some ratio

Fluctuation0161

She can't even spell Ukraine FFS.

Fluctuation0161

Not according to the home office

They have closed their normal office and stopped taking applications there... I guess because it's a litteral warzone and not safe to operate

Have set up a temporary office in lviv and have increased capacity in surrounding countries
Priti Patel under fire after ‘only 50 visas’ issued for Ukraine refugees
Home secretary challenged over why ‘only 1% of UK visa applications have been granted’

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukraine-refugees-priti-patel-visas-b2029731.html