Westminster Politics

MUW4Eva

Who the heck have the Tories got to replace Boris?
Nadine??
Truss??
Javid??

The other options are incredibly poor, so it doesn't matter who the Tories replace Boris with, they are all incredibly poor options thankfully.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
That would be Richard Littlejohn. He still goes on about WFH whilst writing his opinion pieces from his home in Florida!
Ah yes. He said ‘working from home isn’t working’, when he has done the same thing from his gated compound for 30 years or so. That took hypocrisy to a whole knew level. Then again many Brexiteers who have benefited from freedom of movement, the Erasmus scheme, the ability to buy holiday homes abroad with noticeably less red tape / fewer difficulties etc., voted to prevent future generations from enjoying those same opportunities and advantages.

Jesus, those comments are fecking brutal. The Tories must be shitting themselves reading that.
It looks like his recent trips and photo opportunities abroad have not gone down very well with many people who previously supported him, as they think he should spending his time in the UK dealing with the numerous domestic issues that are being faced.

I think it would seem clear that the majority of people who read the Sun or Mail, or listen or watch GB News or Talk TV, are very much against him now. He thoroughly deserves to have a tough time and be attacked from all directions.

MUW4Eva

You will be waiting a VERY long time for any truth telling from the Government.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Who the heck have the Tories got to replace Boris?
Nadine??
Truss??
Javid??

The other options are incredibly poor, so it doesn't matter who the Tories replace Boris with, they are all incredibly poor options thankfully.
Wallace, Tugendhat, Hunt, Patel, Gove, Sunak, Mordaunt

none of them particularly impressive but I suspect all hold ambition beyond their talent and are hoping that by not being boris, a few weeks on a campaign trail without a major gaffe, others making said major gaffes and a bit of luck that they could find themselves in the job.

I'm not sure I can see Boris standing if he feels defeat is a certainty ... hes just coming up to 3 years in the job and though I'm sure he wants nothing more to serve longer than "girly swot" Im sure he would rather leave to spend time with the wife (possibly even his own) and (indeterminant number of) kids than loose.

Can see a lot of behind closed doors agreements between the others... all of which will go out of the window when there is sniff of power... hopefully in the mass bloodbath / release of kompromat they pretty much just lock in a big loss at the next election and who knows perhaps just perhaps we get a progressive alliance formed around electoral reform and can finally see an end to FPTP though the last part is probably just wishful thinking from me I think the internal conservative bloodbath and boris stepping down looks pretty likely

MUW4Eva

Zero chance of Boris stepping down willingly, more chance of him telling the truth (0%).

Boris' own ego will not allow for him to step down, he will have to literally be dragged out of Number 10.

The others are all just as bad, if not somehow worse than him, there are no good options for any such next Conservative leader.

Spark

This is the real reasoning for the SCOTUS to ban abortions, more white babies
While this may be some of underlying reasons of life long die hard southern conservatives, I think the recent judgements on guns, abortion and the environment are purely designed to score short term party political points by very partisan justices, without regard to future implications. A truly shocking dereliction of duty that truly sets America further back.

Maticmaker

It would not surprise me if somewhere in the bowels of the Tory party backrooms, there was one GE option being considered that went like this;
"We actually need to lose the next GE, but not by a landslide, otherwise the 'boots on the other foot'. The loss should be just enough to let a labour government takeover the hot seat, to take the economic strain of recovery, of dealing with the energy crisis, zero emissions, sorting out public sector pay and strikes (which will grow worse especially if one lot gets what they want) etc. Get them in the run-up to the election to including proper 'leveling up', the sorting out the Brexit aftermath, dealing with the nationalists INDy2 in Scotland, in their manifesto.

The choice therefore for this scenario is to keep Boris as leader and risk losing by a landslide, or ditch Boris for someone who will lose but with only a marginal loss!

Well we can dream anyway!!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
All previous governments lied but these lot take the biscuit. They lie weven when they know it will be proven false fairly quickly.

It would not surprise me if somewhere in the bowels of the Tory party backrooms, there was one GE option being considered that went like this;
"We actually need to lose the next GE, but not by a landslide, otherwise the 'boots on the other foot'. The loss should be just enough to let a labour government takeover the hot seat, to take the economic strain of recovery, of dealing with the energy crisis, zero emissions, sorting out public sector pay and strikes (which will grow worse especially if one lot gets what they want) etc. Get them in the run-up to the election to including proper 'leveling up', the sorting out the Brexit aftermath, dealing with the nationalists INDy2 in Scotland, in their manifesto.

The choice therefore for this scenario is to keep Boris as leader and risk losing by a landslide, or ditch Boris for someone who will lose but with only a marginal loss!

Well we can dream anyway!!
That's exactly what happened with Gordon Brown and it didnt go well. For the party or the country.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Yes. Telegraph journalist reporting Durham Police were in contact with the CPS about potential fines. I don't know why it has been deleted.
Surely the fine is a FPN, so probably bollocks. Not saying he hasn't been fined, but there would be no reason to discuss with CPS.

Maticmaker

That's exactly what happened with Gordon Brown and it didn't go well. For the party or the country.
True, but then again Gordon was determined to become PM, even if he had to throw Blair/Party under a bus, don't think there is a G. Brown/'Brutus' type character lurking in the Tory party in second place, unless you see 'Deputy Dominic' (Raab) as a potential 'stab in the back' plotter?

The Tories generally handle these situations better than Labour do. Maggie didn't see the knife until she felt it sticking out of her shoulder blades... Boris will have plenty of time to see his assassin coming, in fact his death of a thousand cuts has already started with 148 of his erstwhile friends already sharpening their blades. We might even get the tale of two cities speech ..." it is a far far better thing..." from him, who knows... its not going to be dull that's for sure

Smores

True, but then again Gordon was determined to become PM, even if he had to throw Blair/Party under a bus, don't think there is a G. Brown/'Brutus' type character lurking in the Tory party in second place, unless you see 'Deputy Dominic' (Raab) as a potential 'stab in the back' plotter?

The Tories generally handle these situations better than Labour do. Maggie didn't see the knife until she felt it sticking out of her shoulder blades... Boris will have plenty of time to see his assassin coming, in fact his death of a thousand cuts has already started with 148 of his erstwhile friends already sharpening their blades. We might even get the tale of two cities speech ..." it is a far far better thing..." from him, who knows... its not going to be dull that's for sure
Ben Wallace is sharpening the blade as we speak I suspect. I think it'll move fairly quickly when it does happen rather than the long series of media briefings that others have tried as a tactic.

LARulz

More cabinet ministers ready to resign apparently

This is the end now for Boris..... I've said this a million times but it has to be right one time