Westminster Politics

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Really why? He was stating he loved his religious faith but he didn't believe he should legislate alongside those beliefs. I thought it was very genuine on his part. You can tell he was gutted.
Was a pun really but I don't like Farron for a multitude of reasons.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Few talking heads on twitter reckon May is done and the Tories have sounded out Hammond/Davis to take over.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24

And i used to call him Milibland on occasion. :) Some people just can't relax into a role when under pressure i guess.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Few talking heads on twitter reckon May is done and the Tories have sounded out Hammond/Davis to take over.
Hammond strikes me as a reasonably sensible choice in the aftermath of recent current events. At what is a particularly somber time I don't think a comical, confrontational and controversial figure like Boris would go down well at all; Davis wouldn't be quite as poorly received but again might be quite divisive. Hammond, meanwhile, comes across as fairly respectable in what is currently a fractured and fairly dreadful Tory contingent.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Hammond strikes me as a reasonably sensible choice in the aftermath of recent current events. At what is a particularly somber time I don't think a comical, confrontational and controversial figure like Boris would go down well at all; Davis wouldn't be quite as poorly received but again might be quite divisive. Hammond, meanwhile, comes across as fairly respectable in what is currently a fractured and fairly dreadful Tory contingent.
Yeah, once the Queens speech passes on Wednesday they need a steady pair of hands at the helm, I half expect May to pass the QS and then resign ensuring they stay in power and allowing somebody else to clean up the mess.

Oscie

Hammond would be the John Major pick. Dull, moderate and probably less of a bastard than most others.

Oscie

Because an obscure answer, barely reported, in an interview hardly anyone listened to will be precisely how he's defined in the eyes of millions.

Dobba

Because an obscure answer, barely reported, in an interview hardly anyone listened to will be precisely how he's defined in the eyes of millions.
Isn't that odd? You'd think the former Secretary of State for Transport and now Chancellor getting the cost of a high-speed railway wrong by at least £20bn in the run up to a general election would be a bigger deal.

Made even more odd by the fact the BBC would have had to get permission from LBC to broadcast Diane Abbott's gaffe on the multiple occasions they did so, yet freely had access to Hammond's, as it was on BBC radio, but didn't deem it worthy of further broadcasting. Odd, odd, odd.

Last edited:

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
And i used to call him Milibland on occasion. :) Some people just can't relax into a role when under pressure i guess.
It's such a shame (probably not to you)! He's all playful and funny and... things that could've sold himself to the public. Instead he tried to be 'tough and serious' and ended up awkward.

I'd like him back as energy sec, come the Marxist revolution.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
It's such a shame (probably not to you)! He's all playful and funny and... things that could've sold himself to the public. Instead he tried to be 'tough and serious' and ended up awkward.

I'd like him back as energy sec, come the Marxist revolution.
I disagreed with him on specific policies, but never cared about a damn about two kitchens or bacon sandwiches. But then i voted Green at that GE out of protest to certain government policies. Worth mentioning too, that even with the SNP card being played i expected us to be heading for another hung parliament (Cameron was awful in most of the TV debates/questioning).

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Swinson's ruled out standing. Going for deputy leader.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I do worry for his prospects of winning an election with McDonnnell and Abbott. Both are quite simply Lingard level in my opinion - not good enough.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I do worry for his prospects of winning an election with McDonnnell and Abbott. Both are quite simply Lingard level in my opinion - not good enough.
I guess you could say they're all left-wingers...

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Not sure that's even close to funny or even witty... Lingard plays on the right for one..

I won't waste my time explaining why a fairer and more equal society is better for except a select few vultures which hold the strings of the Tory party.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Not sure that's even close to funny or even witty... Lingard plays on the right for one..

I won't waste my time explaining why a fairer and more equal society is better for except a select few vultures which hold the strings of the Tory party.
I know, was just trying to find a way to make the joke fit...:lol:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Does the working class need to ask for its Labour Party back?

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2017/06/does-working-class-need-ask-its-labour-party-back

It was just the other day that i was reading about a Tory MP calling for the party to undergo a rebranding as well. Part of which would include a new name, the Conservative Workers' Party.

What is the working class? If it is DE, then that's Labour. (In fact, the only group Labour has is DE). I don't know what C2 is, or why they are so strongly Tory. I'm assuming the C1 numbers are young well-off liberals.