Westminster Politics

WPMUFC

Tories - We actively supress the vote so we can achieve majority governments.

Labour - More people should be allow to vote

Tories - We will call Labour's plan "rigging elections" because we will not change our political ideology or policy to meet the changing political climate, which means when more people are allowed to vote, we have less chance of majority.

Media: Tories say they want voter ID to secure elections, claim labours voting policy is rigging elections.

Well done you fecking ghouls....media balance at all cost.

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
I actually changed some minds yesterday, amongst older people too. In the end we decided that if doddering 90 year-olds had the vote then 16 year-olds should too. To be honest I wasn't completely sure myself to begin with but the more thought I put into it the more convinced I became.

Bert_

I actually changed some minds yesterday, amongst older people too. In the end we decided that if doddering 90 year-olds had the vote then 16 year-olds should too. To be honest I wasn't completely sure myself to begin with but the more thought I put into it the more convinced I became.
I think general consensus is slowly shifting in that direction. Maybe it's because we've realised that voters can be morons no matter what their age!

It's an important thing to consider though. You start to make decisions that will have significant impacts on you're future when you're 16. Anyone that age really should have the right to vote on who will govern them over the next 5 years of their life.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Somehow, each passing day, they manage to be bigger cnuts than the day before.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin. They condemned millions of people to semi-starvation. I warn you young men and women, do not listen to what they are saying. They have not changed, or if they have they are slightly worse.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We are steamrolling towards America and the media is playing an active role. This shit should scare people. We are in deep deep trouble.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin. They condemned millions of people to semi-starvation. I warn you young men and women, do not listen to what they are saying. They have not changed, or if they have they are slightly worse.
The UK has been through some difficult times in my lifetime. In the modern era this is as bad a feeling as I've had for the country. Everybody moans but does nothing. The opposition leader is a mouse who would do the same with a red flag on it if he could spend five years in no.10. Very sad. The people need to wake up.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Does anyone think that an equally left wing teacher that is as overtly political as her would be allowed to remain in their job?

They’d have been hounded out of it years ago. Instead she’s given a national platform to spit her bile.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
The UK has been through some difficult times in my lifetime. In the modern era this is as bad a feeling as I've had for the country. Everybody moans but does nothing. The opposition leader is a mouse who would do the same with a red flag on it if he could spend five years in no.10. Very sad. The people need to wake up.
People have got no stomach for it. I was advocating going all Rage against the Machine in the pub on Friday (admittedly getting a bit bolshy after a few dipa's) but genuinely people just seem cowed into submission and don't want to hear about doing anything physical or disruptive.

This is one time where the classic British stiff upper lip is a hindrance to change and progression. These criminals in charge give no shits about the public or governing for that matter. They're only in it to fill their own pockets. I also wonder if people's reticence to revolt is also a sign that they too would do the same given half the chance.

Paul the Wolf

People have got no stomach for it. I was advocating going all Rage against the Machine in the pub on Friday (admittedly getting a bit bolshy after a few dipa's) but genuinely people just seem cowed into submission and don't want to hear about doing anything physical or disruptive.

This is one time where the classic British stiff upper lip is a hindrance to change and progression. These criminals in charge give no shits about the public or governing for that matter. They're only in it to fill their own pockets. I also wonder if people's reticence to revolt is also a sign that they too would do the same given half the chance.
It doesn't even have to be physical. In France we have the rent a mob egged on by the populist idiots Mélenchon and Le Pen. I find that stupid as well.

These awful politicians in the UK are voted in by the people and are in power and they'll keep voting them in if they can persuade the voters to wave a flag. Having virtually no opposition they can do what they like. There needs to be a strong character to make a stand and convince people to follow them. Where is that person?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Nah. He wants a better country more than he wants to be PM. The guy has plenty of convictions and principles.

He’s miles away from the leader that I want, but he’s a decent human that would step down if it guaranteed a Labour win, rather than see a loss as party head.

Paul the Wolf

Nah. He wants a better country more than he wants to be PM. The guy has plenty of convictions and principles.

He’s miles away from the leader that I want, but he’s a decent human that would step down if it guaranteed a Labour win, rather than see a loss as party head.
I don't rate him at all. Far too weak. Sadly I don't see him making a lot of difference and he seems so naïve he'll be swallowed up and spat out even if he does manage to get in.

Bert_

What is it that convinces you he's a man of principle and conviction? He's abandoned everything he stood for in the leadership election. Not just abandoned it, actively worked against it! How can anyone trust a con-artist?

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
That's the problem. He or she must be hiding somewhere.
I thought you might say that :)

I didn't vote for Starmer, I wasn't at all sure what he stood for, didn't quite trust him. I'm still not sure, waiting for the manifesto on that. What I will say is he's a far more competent politician than I expected, in the way he has taken control of the party, so that's hopeful. Used some lies and underhand methods of course, but I can live with that personally.

Paul the Wolf

I thought you might say that :)

I didn't vote for Starmer, I wasn't at all sure what he stood for, didn't quite trust him. I'm still not sure, waiting for the manifesto on that. What I will say is he's a far more competent politician than I expected, in the way he has taken control of the party, so that's hopeful. Used some lies and underhand methods of course, but I can live with that personally.
I am judging him on a presence point of view rather than their actual political views. I've no idea what he's supposed to represent as he keeps changing position and only seeks to please people he's scared of rather than represent the people who seem to have no representation at all in the UK.

Sunak's in place because it suits the ERG for the moment. He seems like a little boy who has no idea about the real world.
Although from a different background, Starmer gives the impression that he's just woken from a deep sleep and has no idea about the real world either.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Sooo much more than you think. I did a single day of fruit picking. I got asked to go home as I was picking fruit that wasn’t ripe.

Admittedly I was 19. But still. (And yes I’m joking)
:lol:
10,000 hours of solid picking required before you get signed off as a pro.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
That national conservatism conference was all meaningless rubbish. With a bunch of over 45 years old talking about bringing back 1950's traditional family values while at the same time still supporting economic policies which make that type of living impossible. Nothing new as Thatcher pretty much thought the same shite and would get frustrated when destroying the trade union movement didn't lead to a nation of shop keepers.

The annoying thing about Marxism is that it makes you realise conservatives don't really believe or understand the power of capitalism.

Dan_F

The media have a lot to answer for. If the same energy was used to attack the government as it is for attacking Labour or the left, people would be up in arms. For me, it’s the absolute root cause of the problem, the likes of Braverman etc, wouldn’t be anywhere near government without the blatant manipulation.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
:lol:
10,000 hours of solid picking required before you get signed off as a pro.
Honestly… evidence of how bad I was… messaged my mate to remind him of the event.

‘Remember that time we got fired after a day of fruit picking and were too weak to ask for a days pay’

“Dude, we didn’t last A DAY. And it was runner beans, not fruit”

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay

Gary Mond, the senior vice-president of the Board of Deputies, has resigned from the organisation, accusing it of having “cancelled” his views after it launched an investigation into allegations of Islamophobic activity on social media.

In a statement on Thursday afternoon, Mr Mond, who has been the deputy for the JNF UK, said, “Key people at the Board have made it clear that they no longer wish to work with me, which effectively forces my decision”.

On Wednesday, the Board announced it had asked him to step down from his duties pending an investigation into historic social media posts uncovered by the Jewish News.

In his statement, Mr Mond said he apologised “for any hurt that has been caused as a result of the excavation into my Facebook activity from many years ago. However, this cannot be a justification for any attempt to silence contradictory thought”.

But he accused the Board's leadership of leaning to the political left and being unwilling to take account of different views.

Mr Mond was alleged to have liked two posts by Pamela Geller, the American anti-Islamic activist who was banned from the UK some years ago.

He is also reported to have posted that civilisation was “at war” with Islam.
https://www.thejc.com/news/communit...g'-his-political-views-6B29l3zgeFAiO5UVDfQ0Iw

Mond also set up the National Jewish Assembly:

Head of new UK Jewish group posted homophobic messages and derided Reform Judaism

The chief executive of a new communal organisation – set up to rival the Board of Deputies – expressed sympathy for violent far-right activist and convicted fraudster Tommy Robinson in a series of social media posts.

James Marlow was confirmed head of the newly-launched National Jewish Assembly on Monday.
https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/head-o...mophobic-messages-and-derided-reform-judaism/

He seems lovely.